News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Started by Melody, December 21, 2006, 06:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I'm having trouble uploading any pictures for my avatar.  I checked and shrunk the size just in case that was the problem, but it didn't help.

???

Gingerale

:tantrum: you're not the only one having problems... I have been trying since last night to change mine. glad to know I am not the only one. lol. 

Tsalagi

mini

Me 4.  I can get it to change on some things, just not the ones I want.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

LarryTheCucumber

Classicrambler

Nice soulpatch, but it looks fake in that pic!

LarryTheCucumber

SippinTea

Surf, your new avatar looks like Puddleglum!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

InChristGirl

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so

SippinTea

Melody

As POY, do I have any real influence on getting the avatar problem remedied?  This image is bad for my image...lol

LarryTheCucumber

I suspect the maximum image size got reduced--I wasn't able to update mine until I shrunk it down a little further.

SippinTea

Yeah, your head's always been a bit too big, Surf.  :laughhard:

:beret:

Melody

I made my picture even smaller and it still didn't work, though a different one did.  I'll have to see how much smaller I can make the other pic......

Courtney

I can't get anything to upload either! I can't figure it out.  :pound:

Jennie-lynnie

I see a pic of your baby. Is that not what you want?

Melody

Ok, this is my pic, I tried uploading it from my computer, didn't work.  I tried linking it to my site, didn't work.  I made it REALLY small, didn't work.  When I paste the url, it shows up but then when I say "change profile" to update it, I get this message...

"The avatar you have selected is too large, or not an avatar."

What's the deal?  If it shows up for a moment BEFORE I save, why won't it save it? 

How much tinier does it have to be?!

titushome

I'm having the same problem.  The file I tried to use is a jpeg, it's only 22k, and it still won't work.

Oh, help us!  Someone, please, won't you help us!  :yikes:
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

Melody

Sis.Mom helped me, and it works!  This is what she said she did to it.....

"With images and the internet, you can't go by inches. In Photoshop you must go by "pixel dimension" instead of actual document size. It seems to me the limit on GP was 100 px wide. I just copied CR's because his looks pretty big. Anyway, in addition to the pixel dimension, the resolution shouldn't be over 150 with the pixel dimension set where you want. If you set the pixels first, they will change once you set the resolution. So, set the resolution first to 150 (can be as low as 72 dpi for images with less
detail) then set the pixels, then double check the resolution. Play around with the "unsharp mask" in filters to sharpen up a bit, then you're ok.
"

Thanks again Sis.Mom!!!!   :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tsalagi

Sister_Mom

You're welcome. :blush:

Anyone having problems with an image an need help, just put it somewhere where I can get to it (I can't get to photobucket from work, but I can do it at home also. It will just take a bit longer).

Looks like Tsalagi knows his way around PS also (which I already figured). Maybe if you ask nicely he'll help too. What do you say Tsalagi?  :grin:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

titushome

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 18, 2007, 06:08:53 PM
"It seems to me the limit on GP was 100 px wide. Anyway, in addition to the pixel dimension, the resolution shouldn't be over 150 with the pixel dimension set where you want."

Interesting - I'll keep those limits in mind.  Thanks!
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

Tsalagi

Quote from: Sister_Mom on January 18, 2007, 08:06:11 PM
You're welcome. :blush:

Anyone having problems with an image an need help, just put it somewhere where I can get to it (I can't get to photobucket from work, but I can do it at home also. It will just take a bit longer).

Looks like Tsalagi knows his way around PS also (which I already figured). Maybe if you ask nicely he'll help too. What do you say Tsalagi?  :grin:

I use the GIMP.
http://www.gimp.org/

Sister_Mom

Well, I know it would never replace Photoshop, but I'll have to try that out at home. Maybe it would be an easy way for everyone to create the avs.  :great:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Tricia Lea

I am trying to add my yahoo messanger id to my profile, not change my avatar, but I keep getting an avatar error message and it will not let me add my messanger ID.
Anyone know why it would want me to change my avatar when it let me use it in the first place?