News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Safety & Single Women

Started by SippinTea, February 05, 2007, 06:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Single women aren't safe....there's no getting around that. Because most of them don't want to stay single. *grin*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Tsalagi

OK, time to break out the yellow-and-black-striped "trip hazard" tape.   

You single chicks each get a couple of good long stripes apiece to affix to the sides of your sleeves and down the sides of your skirts.

Then all the guys who look at y'all instead of watching where they're going will have no excuse for running into things...

SippinTea

:biglaugh: That thought has some hilarious potential for a skit at a youth camp or singles' group!

Nerd

About the whole "getting glared at for opening the door" thing...   :roll:

Open mini-rant <When I started to college I observed this phenomenon, along with several others that stuck with me. Probably half of the young ladies I would open the door for would give me a distinctly negative reaction. Either they would give me a dirty look, or maybe just a tight-lippedly ignore me. Probably half of those who weren't openly rude about it would smile and say "Thank you". Someone less stalwart than myself might have ditched the practice entirely.  ;)

At first, it kinda set me back on my heels that that bothered them, since that was the way I was used to, but eventually, it became sort of entertaining to try to pick which ones would be rude.  :-?

Then there was the decidedly mannish middle-aged woman who took a sort of good-natured offense to me calling her 'ma'am', instead of "Ms."
She was good-natured about it because she could see that "I didn't know any better". Of course, after that, I was determined to never "know any better".

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "Whoso would be a man, must be a non-conformist". The 'rules' governing society seem to have been deliberately flip-flopped. I agree with ST. It sure is sad that what used to be common courtesy is viewed as abnormal, or unfitting behavior. Seems to me that what Emerson said is especially relevant now. As long as I continue to 'be a man', no one can apply a generational stereotype to me as an individual. >Close mini-rant.

SippinTea

Woohoo!  :clap: :clap: :clap: Three cheers for gentlemen who stay gentlemen even when the ladies aren't ladies. *smile*

Quote from: coolguy on June 28, 2007, 07:12:49 PM
....it became sort of entertaining to try to pick which ones would be rude.  :-?

after that, I was determined to never "know any better".

:biglaugh: I love those two lines. They remind me so much of things Surf would do/say. *grin*

Sister_Mom

I agree. I was thinking when he said that the rude ones set him back on his heels, I hope he didn't drop the door if he fell.  :grin:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Nerd

QuoteI love those two lines. They remind me so much of things Surf would do/say.

Thanks! Surf's gotta be especially cool, then. ;)

QuoteI hope he didn't drop the door if he fell.

:biglaugh:

If they got to me that bad, they'd have to take their chances...

Sister_Mom

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

apsurf

Just because I do make a wisecrack now and then doesn't mean though I actually believe it. 

Sometimes playing the fool or the idiot is fun just to see what the reaction truely would be.  It allows me to see a part of people that normally they hide...a part to see if it is worth making them a friend or not...

But for the few who do truely know me, will know I will do my best to not hurt or offend a lady... But I also won't tiptoe around anymore either....

apsurf

on a serious note,
Just in re-reading the thread....It is amazing how many turns the thread has taken, but yet how it flows together....a bunch of streams of thoughts to form one river of serious information and laughter intertwined.   

But when with a lady, I have always felt to fit the role (almost typed troll...lol!) of being a protector, it hurts me to see a lady or (woman who isn't acting like a lady) hurt...

so many times my boss has told me not to intervene in disputes that spring up from time to time in the motel or parking lot.   While I may not interfer on a normal basis anymore, I will still observe and step in if I even think the woman is in any danger to herself or the rare instance of causing harm to someone else. (redneck women are something else to deal with, especially when they come from the bar.)

While I hate to be wounded inside my spirit, I rather be the person wounded then any lady I am dealing with....It hurts more inside of me when I have to not show mercy at times (because of my job...)

What I hate the most is seeing that because of the job and the things I deal with at times (coming from the bar at the motel I work with..) is that not showing any mercy at times is getting so easy... It scares me.   I do not want to get so hard hearted that if I see someone hurting that I can not reach out to help, that I would only look away and keep going.

And to me the woman who is single or elderly, are the ones I usually most want to protect at all costs.

TRAV

nwlife, you have a good heart, man. Sincerely.

(a serious TRAV moment)
PROVERBS 3:5,6

apsurf

Quote from: TRAV on June 30, 2007, 02:25:48 PM
nwlife, you have a good heart, man. Sincerely.

(a serious TRAV moment)

Okay, now how many porkchops do I owe you?   :biglaugh:

Newsman

I've deleted some posts..let's play nicely.

John

apsurf

actually what rambler had posted I thought was funny.....I always had the habit of "misquoting" posts at times...it was only a payback!   :laughhard:

Newsman

Just trying to make sure everything stays as pleasant as possible..if I err, let it be on the side of promoting harmony.

John  :waving:

apsurf

Don't worry "Olde Man"...LOL!....We rather you err sometimes....besides others might have taken offense at something, and who knows what storm may have been headed off by deleting the posts...

Hmmm...now what trouble can I find myself in next?

TRAV

Quote from: nwlife on July 01, 2007, 10:03:14 AM
Hmmm...now what trouble can I find myself in next?

Well, your signature picture is blinding me...how's that for trouble?
  :freaky2:
PROVERBS 3:5,6

Classicrambler

Quote from: Newsman on July 01, 2007, 09:54:00 AM
 ..if I err, let it be on the side of promoting harmony.

I for one, shall  join you:

Just a click away!

InChristGirl

*Plays twilight zone music* Of all people my MOM was just talking about eharmony the other day. :frustrated:

SippinTea

Hmmm....which is worse? Mom or Grandma?  :smirk2:

InChristGirl

:laughhard: :laughhard: My pseudo-gradma seem to have plans for me too :o

Newsman

Wellll,,,

Ah rekkun if'n youu Ladeez would allow et, we could fix you'uns up wit someone!

John  :waving:

InChristGirl

SippinTea

:highfive: Nice one, ICG! *laugh*

Newsman

Someone's already sent you the pics?

Rats!!!

John  :waving: