News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Just found out today that even though I was originally told we would work until the 15th of December, today I was informed by my supervisor that we won't work past next Tuesday or Wednesday. That's 2 weeks of pay gone. There is no way I can find a job to only work for 5-6 weeks. This is going to be rough.  :roll:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi:

Lord. What a day....Glad it's over, even if I do have to do it all again tomorrow..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Where did everyone go?? Lord. I thought we were dead before..
Was too busy to do much of anything not work related today.  Around here, holidays are when the prison system tries to "kick out" prisoners for good behavior that have non-violent offenses. And for every one released, we gotta call their "Residence offer", do a home visit, and complete several pages of paperwork. Then when they get out, it's another dozen pages of paperwork. We're averaging ten new cases on top of our caseloads a week...just on the "kick out".
I used to fear I would die from a stabbing or a shooting, if not disease from a HIV positive crackhead. Now- I fear a terminal papercut. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Just saw an ambulance across the street and a couple of doors down. I wish I had a scanner sometimes. So many departments are going digital now that we got rid of the one we had a few years ago.

Lynx

Bobby: for some reason I'm reminded of an O. Henry story, "The Cop and the Anthem" where the main character is a hobo who is trying to commit a crime so they will send him to prison for three months. It's his winter migration, the way he survives the cold months. He doesn't want to do anything too bad to get locked up for a long time, just something bad enough to get three months jail time.

Kinda the opposite of your prison kick-out.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I've been drowning under the end of the semester. I wrote 3 papers yesterday alone. I have 1 paper left that is due Tuesday and 4 tests. 1 monday, 1 tuesday, 1 thursday, and 1 online.

Roscoe

I don't even wanna think of college papers...
I've done so much justice system paperwork lately, I'm afraid if Bro Wilson asks me to speak at church all I will be able to say is  " John Doe was placed on supervision 10-29-2014, with the special conditions of....." :laughhard:
 And in sharing, we had a scare with Daisy , our littlest Chihuahua last night.  She was sitting on my shoulder and Chey was playing with her. Chey bent her head down, and Daisy grabbed at Chey's hair. Chey "popped" her hair back quickly, and little Daisy had gotten a mouthful and weighing around a pound, went airborne across the room and hit the concrete floor. Hard.
 It hurt her. I thought it'd killed her. She couldn't walk straight, her pupils dialated...pretty sure it was a concussion. We calmed her down, wrapped her up and held her tight praying for her. I told Lou if she wasn't okay this morning, we'd take her to the vet. This morning she was in full battle mode, biting toes and acting like nothing was ever wrong. Thank God- we've became really attached to her, and Chey cried herself to sleep last night afraid she'd really hurt Daisy.

Lynx

Sounds like Daisy needs a rope to play tug-of-war with. My dog, being an australian shepherd, has no interest in such things but we used to have a dog that loved to hang onto a rope while you tried to get it away from him. I admired his jaw strength and dentition.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

We found out yesterday Brandon's grandma has stage 4 lung cancer. As she is in her 80's, she has opted to not seek further treatment. Brandon has mixed feelings about the entire situation because he hasn't had the best relationship with her but she's still his grandma.

Things have been super tense for us anyway. We are having issues still. I'm seeking counseling as of this coming week which will eventually transition into couples counseling for both of us.

mini

My wife is speaking at a ladies Christmas banquet tonight.  She's nervous, so I'm letting her do a trial run this morning at our church. I don't know on if it helps her nerves, but it sure throws my schedule off.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on December 04, 2016, 03:17:42 PMMy wife is speaking at a ladies Christmas banquet tonight.  She's nervous, so I'm letting her do a trial run this morning at our church. I don't know on if it helps her nerves, but it sure throws my schedule off.
Wish we'd have been there to hear her. We JUST woke up. Sundays are great for sleeping in when you don't have church until 5. I haven't been around my phone all weekend and it's been great. Of course, except for a run to Walmart late last night for hoagie buns to make meatball sandwiches with, I haven't left the house either. It's could and damp here- perfect weekend to read. So  did. After I 1)fixed the washing machine 2) made and covered in padded vinyl a footboard for Mine and Lou's bed and 3) Cooked.
And I finally ordered the parts for the 'vette, so hopefully it'll be back on the road soon.
And, we've been fighting illness here too. None of us feels worth a flip. And I just got a text wanting me to teach sunday school when I was considering staying home.

Lynx

Church christmas party tonight at the rock house lodge! Wheeeeeeeee!

Everyone is invited if any of y'all happen to be in the neighborhood.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Finally got to make it back to church after a few weeks missing due to school. I've been so stressed out. Dad, Brandon, school, finances. I'm not sleeping. I'm over-eating. It's getting ridiculous. This morning was one of those services where Jesus just told Bro Ketron everything I was going through and he [and He] just laid it all out there. The message was directly for me. Also the pastor's wife [the best one ever!] is taking me out to dinner tomorrow to catch up on what all is going on. She's been like a 2nd mom to me for almost 16 years and I've completely shut her out of everything too.

I've been cleaning house, reading my bible, and even did a work out. I SHOULD be working on my last paper and studying, but alas. Dinner then I'll start that.

Roscoe

Busy as usual today. Court tomorrow. Lou made a huge batch of Lasagna, which made me fat and happy tonight. And winter has arrived in Arkansas. It's cold out there..

Heather

3 finals done. 1 more paper. 1 more joke of final Thursday and this semester is done.

Found out yesterday that my job will hopefully go through this Friday which will be 15 more hours of pay.

Dinner with Sister Ketron was exactly what my soul needed.

Now to FINALLY write this blasted paper!

Babs

My sugar gliders had a baby, again.  :clap:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Babs, your sugar gliders seem to be busy. You may need to have 'the talk' with them. Hehe.

Brandon is officially done with his undergraduate degree. I have 1 more final [which is a complete joke and will be a waste of my time] tomorrow.

We are definitely working through Friday so at least I'll get 18 hours of pay on my check instead of 6.

Brandon and I are going to live wild today and go on a lunch date since someone from the church blessed us with some money and told us we HAD to use it on us and not on bills.

Heather

I'm free from school until January 17!!!

Also one of Brandon's coworker's are getting rid of a washer and dryer for cheap, so as of Saturday evening I'll be able to wash clothes at home! Woo-hoo!!

Roscoe

Sugar Gliders? That thing looks like Mini. Big eyes, big honkin' nose....except it's cute on it, not so much on him. :smirk:
Made it through the day, came home to peace and quiet as the wife was at the church helping with peanut brittle. Then my peaceful evening was shattered when I was called back to work to deal with some necessary paperwork a coworker had forgotten to do...
I just got back home at 1030 and back to work tomorrow.....

Lynx

The real question is, do you get the pay for doing your coworker's forgotten work?

I have tomorrow off and I'm making approximately 40 loaves of bread for Christmas. Anybody want a loaf, come on over.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Bread is a good idea. So good, I think I'm gonna make a few loaves today...

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:  It's a cool ,cloudy, dreary day here. Appropriate. Don't feel motivated to do much. Spent a good amount of time last night thinking of John and praying for his family. We've lost several here on our tiny board even since I've been here, and I must say I don't like it.
And has anyone been able to get ahold of Taco? I tried twice last night and it just went to voicemail..