News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on March 08, 2018, 02:40:50 PMIm contemplating evil.  Murder actually.

You see, my dad brought me 2 roosters last Saturday.  One has decided to voice his new found liberty in a song of praise, aka crowing.  Dumb thing started yesterday morning at 3:30 am.

3:30 AM.  He crowed from then until I left at 7 am.

Then this morning he started in at 4:30 am.

I have a splitting headache because of him and I'm fittin' to baptize the joker in the name of Colonel Sanders, in a hot fryin' oil.
Oh yea, I'd of already let that thing out the front door and let it wonder into someone elses yard...or get hit by a car.
But in argument for the rooster....crowing in the morning is literally his job.... :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I'm gonna confess before he distorts it. I was just unkind to Mini. Knowing my struggles, he sends me pics of his lunch. What looks like a HUGE chicken sandwich and Fries. Maybe the rooster he referred to, I don't know.

MY lunch- a can of V8 juice and a 2 1/2 inch diameter apple.
 I called him an evil, manipulating, non-sympathetic son of a motherless goat*.

*Figuratively speaking- I am NOT calling Ma or Pa Porter a motherless goat.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 08, 2018, 05:17:06 PMOh yea, I'd of already let that thing out the front door and let it wonder into someone elses yard...or get hit by a car.

But in argument for the rooster....crowing in the morning is literally his job.... :roll:

Crowing at sunrise, yes.  Crowing at 4 am, no.

He waited until 4:45 this morning.

In other animal related news, our 10 month old German Shepherd escaped from her crate yesterday.  My hysterical daughter started the video call with "Your German Shepherd..."

It was bad.

To spare embarrassment and details, let's just say a unattended pup that big made a even bigger mess throughout the house.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on March 08, 2018, 05:27:57 PMI'm gonna confess before he distorts it. I was just unkind to Mini. Knowing my struggles, he sends me pics of his lunch. What looks like a HUGE chicken sandwich and Fries. Maybe the rooster he referred to, I don't know.

In my defense, you send me a text about Mexican food and 1 text about some abomination you ate for breakfast.  I had no idea you were dieting until you send me a picture of a v8 and a apple along with the motherless goat comment.  Well, maybe I had a idea, I just wasn't paying attention.

Luckily a mutual friend of ours stirred up wrath too by sending Roscoe a picture of bbq.

And that was a Freddy's steak burger, not a chicken sandwich.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

If Bobby's phone number is still the same, I just did something to take a bit of heat off ya Mini. :evil:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 08, 2018, 03:28:43 PMAnd no, Isaac, the cheeseburger was subpar. Not worth the calories it costs me.
I had a nice berry shake this morning..gonna lose again one way or another. This weekend in Branson may stall me though..
You went to a mexican restaurant and got a cheeseburger? OF COURSE it will be subpar! That's like going to Hibachi Grill (a wonderful all-you-can-eat sushi place) and getting fried chicken. They may have it but it won't be the best fried chicken you ever ate... because that's not what most people go there for.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

My parents came over yesterday and made me a batch of beef tips and rice! I had leftovers for a midnight snack! Lol.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

okieoliveoyl

Quote from: Roscoe on March 08, 2018, 05:27:57 PMI'm gonna confess before he distorts it. I was just unkind to Mini. Knowing my struggles, he sends me pics of his lunch. What looks like a HUGE chicken sandwich and Fries. Maybe the rooster he referred to, I don't know.

I *might* be able to guarantee a somewhat better lunch in store for you today.  :halo:
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 09, 2018, 11:32:39 AMIf Bobby's phone number is still the same, I just did something to take a bit of heat off ya Mini. :evil:
It is. And you did you sorry thing. I was just too asleep to respond...:pound:
Quote from: okieoliveoyl on March 09, 2018, 04:27:44 PM

I *might* be able to guarantee a somewhat better lunch in store for you today.  :halo:

Ah, yes...I am very pleased. White sauce has arrived. :fork:
And now if I can get through the next three hours or so- Vacation will have arrived as well!  :hyper:  :hyper:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

So, have you tried the white sauce?  I was thinking with your aversion to Mexican food, you might better stay away from it...

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on March 09, 2018, 07:26:24 PMSo, have you tried the white sauce?  I was thinking with your aversion to Mexican food, you might better stay away from it...
I tried it a while back and loved it. Just haven't been able to get any more , since my dealer lives in a foreign land known as Oklahoma..

Nelle

So. very. tired. I'm already off of work, but I'm waiting on my husband to finish the route he's on so that he can pick me up! It's been an incredibly long, chaotic work week!

We finally get to pick up my car after work.  It was a couple hundred more in cost that originally expected, but I'm glad that it SHOULD be good to go for a while now. We need to keep her up and running so that she can hopefully soon become my husband's commuting car, and I will get the "new" family vehicle that we somehow manage to buy. LOL.

Roscoe

Made it to Branson. Very cool room- Chey was overjoyed because it has a "kids cabin", basically a little room within the room with a very cool bunk bed set in it. Having a good time so far.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: I may be in trouble. While Lou and Chey were at the water park, I went exploring. Found a hole in the wall bookstore that was wall to wall, floor to ceiling stacks..... I might have spent $50.. I've got get more bookcases built...

Backseat Radio

Had a busy day at work. Weekends must be the time to shop.

I'm looking forward to church tomorrow. We've got southern gospel artist Joseph Habedank doing special music and giving his testimony in the morning service.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 10, 2018, 10:52:43 PM:hi: I may be in trouble. While Lou and Chey were at the water park, I went exploring. Found a hole in the wall bookstore that was wall to wall, floor to ceiling stacks..... I might have spent $50.. I've got get more bookcases built...
And a few stacks on the floor, right? We have one of those here. I love it there.

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Back from vacation. Finished up the floor job and got everything back in, although Lou is planning on redecorating. Here's a pic for those not on facebook..
living_room" border="0

floor" border="0

mini

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

I had a terrible night last night. My shoulder is killing me. Just got up at 11 o'clock. Fixing to get some work clothes on and go to work cleaning up outside..

Nelle

Winter has reared its ugly head again. I love snow.. It's beautiful. But it's the middle of March now, and I'm over it all. :) Not that I'm ready for rain season, because I find cloudy, rainy days just as dreary as the freezing cold and snow (after I've had enough LOL). I'm more of a breezy, sunny, tad warm day kinda girl.

Plus this weather is killing my allergies & sinus. My body can't figure out what it's going to do when the weather keeps changing so much haha. Thankful for an indoor job tho! I can at least turn on my fan or my heater - depending what mood the outside is in. :)

Time change - ugh. It's not AS horrible this year, but I would like a nap. The good thing is that it FEELS like it should only be after 12, but it's really almost 2! :)

Spending today trying to clear off my backlog of invoicing to do. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to clean up the previously billed pile! :)

MsJennJenn

It was like 85 on Saturday. I spent the day outside in my yard. Had a guy come mow and edge. Then I pulled up this big raised flower bed along the driveway/sidewalk, and pulled up the ones around the two trees. Just leveling them out and leaving it as grass. Moved the big flower bed dirt to the backyard that had a bit of a dip in it to level that out. Took me 4 wheelbarrow trips. haha my shoulders ache from shoveling and my legs hurt even still today.

Then I had these stone/brick garden edging things left from a previous tenant. I mapped out one portion of my garden along with a space along the back fence for the "flower" garden. I need about 12 more of those brick things. But can't find the pewter stone ones at my Home Depot. Just the red brick color. Rawr.

Then the temp dropped yesterday and it was 45 this morning. :roll:
Supposed to be back up to high 70's again by the weekend when I plan to do the garden.
Beans, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, some herbs, corn (gonna try the corn in a small patch...we'll see) broccoli and a strawberry plant. Then I'm planting dahlias, poppies, snap dragons and something else I forget as far as flowers go.

SO EXCITED :clap:

Oh and I'm dog sitting for the parents, since Saturday, until tomorrow.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's rained so much here we need to re-till the garden and plant if it ever dries out.

Roscoe

We went a bought a new tree to replace the old redbud that I had to take down last year. We bought a "Burgundy Belle" Maple. Supposed to be fast growing and in the fall, it looks like it is ablaze with bright red leaves. Tomorrow, I'll go get a few landscape timbers and a ton of mulch, and flowers for the window boxes.....It's beginning to look like my favorite time of year. Spring. When all of my flowers are bloomed out. And my roses are looking VERY healthy this year too.