News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

My wife, chelleebelle, is in full blown clean and cook mode.  Our pastor is coming to preach for me tomorrow, and they are coming to eat at our house afterwards.

So far, she's made a cheesecake and lemon cake from scratch, broccoli slaw, and she's going to start meat for hot beef sandwiches.  And homemade potato salad.  And she's cleaning like mad.

I really want to go to sleep, but she's making enough noise to wake neighbors...

I'm so thankful for moments like these...Even though I would rather be sleeping...LOL. I guess that's what I get for waking up at 5 then getting her up at 8.

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Happy October! Gotta love October, it's the Goldilocks month - not to hot, not too cold, just right! :D

(The previous line was shamelessly copied from Arlo & Janis.)
http://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2016/10/01
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

It IS beautiful out. I thought about going for a nice ride before church, but Rusty's down and the Corvette is not a leisurely cruise vehicle, it's more of a  "air-out-your-frustrations-on curves" type vehicle. Beside, we stayed up until midnight last night and slept in today.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

I'm playing with my camera.

Took pictures of Sam last night, went downtown of a nearby city and took pictures of a huge mural tonight.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Today is gonna be rough. Power went out at 9 last night, so we dressed by coal oil lantern and went to bed. Of course it came back on at 1:30, and everything in the house electrical came on- DVD players included. Got up and turned everything off and went back to sleep. Slept sound until 2:30 when I awoke for no reason at all with a friend on my mind. Prayed until 3,330, still couldn't sleep, balanced the checkbook,went back to bed anyway and laid until about 30 minutes ago. Now I'm sitting in the recliner, fixing to get up and get ready for work. Coffee, caffeine in general, will likely be my best friend today.:pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Ugh, I HATE days like that. In fact I had a day like that yesterday - couldn't sleep more than about 4 hours, and I was supposed to preach because the pastor was sick.

On days when I wake up and can't get back to sleep I go down to the local Jack's (fast food place, kinda like Hardee's) and order a large mocha shake. They ring up a large chocolate shake but they make it with half chocolate ice cream, half coffee. It does the job.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on October 01, 2016, 04:16:57 PMI just ate a wonderful, artery clogging cheeseburger.

If any of you ever make it to my area, I'll point you to one of the best cheeseburger spots. This place gives you a 5# bag of taters as French fries.  So many fires in fact they give you 2 plates, one for the burgers, one for the fries.

:fork:

Sounds hot.:burn:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Its the next big thing on burgers.  Instead of peppers, they just set the thing on fire and you eat it, flames and all.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. Gonna be a busy day I suspect. I went in and went to bed at 730. Slept all night like a log.

Lynx

Slept like a log, or slept like the chainsaw that was cutting logs?

Ne'mind, I probably don't want to know...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quite possibly both. :lol:
 Lou got a different ride today. We traded her Malibu for a very nice one owner Lincoln MKX suv... Older, but clean. She's overjoyed. It IS more comfortable than the Malibu.

Lynx

That's probably one of the nicer things about having you for a husband. You know cars. If a lady married me I would be relying on HER to know about cars. I could fix her computer though.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

1 of 3 midterms done. 100 on it. Woot! Also have an English assignment due tomorrow that I'm not even halfway done on it. Also we are on hold for our vacation due to Hurricane Matthew. I need the beach universe!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

My wife bought a teacup Chihuahua last night for Domino a playmate. He's not as fond of the idea as she was. This thing is the size of a Snicker's bar...

The Purple Fuzzy

I'd be afraid I'd step on something that small.

Lynx

Even as small as Domino is, there seems to be a danger of accidentally inhaling too much in his sleep and losing that new dog.

"Where'd the newbie go?"
"I dunno but Domino's been coughing all morning."
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Roscoe sent me a picture of said dog. The dog looks like it's wearing Donald Trumps wig.

Roscoe

:pound: How dare you compare my darling , er, HER darling baby with Trump?!?! You're just jealous 'cause she has more hair on her head than you do.

The Purple Fuzzy

We need to see a photo of this dog. :lol:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Chihuahuas are in my top 5 most terrible dogs list.

2 of 3 midterms down and English assignment complete. I've lost all motivation to study for tomorrow. Still haven't packed because we have no idea when we can go.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

It will likely be a long haired toy Chihuahua. Her daddy is around 6 pounds short hair and mama is around 4, longhair... they claimed teacup, but I think teacups are more like 2 to 3 pounds. This one is about the weight of an iPhone right now and about the same size...Not sure how to put pics here, but I'll try..

Roscoe

I think that's a pic of the latest baby in the house.... And Lou is gonna kill me, 'cause it shows the pile of clean clothes to be folded in the recliner in the background. :lol:

And good morning,  all. I'm dragging a bit this morning,  but me and the giant cup of Thin Mint flavored coffee will survive...
I went home last night and burned a huge bonfire of stuff. I thought about our resident firebug and poured a bit more lighter fluid on it, just in honor of them...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on October 06, 2016, 10:34:20 PMChihuahuas are in my top 5 most terrible dogs list.

what are the other 4? haha
-Alexander Den Heijer-