News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pope resigns

Started by Lynx, February 11, 2013, 06:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Why not? We associate with Baptists and Methodists - every year we have a community service at the city park, and we have community Thanksgiving service at whichever-church-is-hosting-this-year, not to mention the bake sales and etc.  What would they object to in him talking to a pentecostal? 

Mind you, this is a real question, not rhetorical.  I don't know much about the Vatican and the RC higher echelons.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Somewhat  off the subject, but still pope-related....a friend called me this morning, demanding I turn on the ham radio and go to a certain frequency. There was the Vatican Radio Station- there are several ham operators known there, and the pope himself has in the past gotten on the radio and chatted with people briefly- and a operator identifiying himself as Francis (the Pope).... Whether it was him or not, I obviously can't verify, but the callsigns, ect matched up, as did the radio conditions- we were hearing numerous stations from that part of the world.
I couldn't get in to say hi, due to five bajillion radio operaters begging him to talk to them- a "QSO" card from the pope (postcard confirming a conversation) is one of the most desired, as it is a rare event for them to be on air..
He spoke with a couple, told all listening his blessings, and faded away....thought it was cool.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

A pig and the pope....kinda like a pig in a poke....

Lynx

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 13, 2013, 05:05:20 PM
I was thinking more about what the new pope will do.  The current, outgoing pope is commonly known as "God's rottweiler," because he is very adamant about the church's stand on homosexuality and abortion.  I can easily imagine the new pope being more um... "understanding" of gays and abortion. 

And if the RCC begins allowing it, what will the world think of those fanatical churches that still claim these things are wrong?
Sometimes I really, really hate it when I'm right.
http://news.yahoo.com/vatican-issues-global-questionnaire-modern-families-145433172.html

Not proof positive that RCC is going to accept homosexuality in the near future, but enough to make one wonder.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

BroTrey

Quote from: Scott on March 15, 2013, 05:51:46 PM
My concerns is this: he reminds me of John Paul I. A humble priest who was open.  JPI actually used to have Pentecostal Ministers and Missionaries stay at his chalet.  The RC wasn't happy with his openness to non Catholics.  JPI was dead within months of his election.

I was thinking something similar.  I'm surprised that he has lasted this long... He is about 10+ comments past when I thought, 'well, about to get another pope in my lifetime.'   Multiple times he has contradicted 'Church' tradition, doctrines and dogma and even the actual Bible...   Whatever the outcome, I think it will be interesting to watch unfold, despite how nasty it could get.
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Melody

The pope was voted the person of the year 2013 by TIME.   

Lynx

Hey no fair!  They said they would vote ME into that spot!   :noo:
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali