Last Person to Post Wins Round 12!

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, July 08, 2010, 05:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babs

i have just learned to gleen lol

Italian Chicken and Taters  :fork:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Babs

it is, i just love my elect skillet lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

whewww. Hes a done now. What did he NOT hit on lol

The Purple Fuzzy

I think it has a lot to do with how you use things.  They can be a blessing or a curse.  A ministry or a stumbling block.

Babs

Quote from: Tricia Lea on March 01, 2011, 01:42:42 AM

he forgot to preach against open toed shoes and wearing the color red  :laughhard:

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 01, 2011, 01:47:10 AM
I think it has a lot to do with how you use things.  They can be a blessing or a curse.  A ministry or a stumbling block.

i totally agree! most will preach against tv but live on the internet, which is far worse than tv ever was lol

but i am like you, anything can be used for good or bad.

the bible said, all things are lawful but not all things are expedient  :thumbsup2:

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Babs

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Babs on March 01, 2011, 01:55:03 AM
Quote from: Tricia Lea on March 01, 2011, 01:42:42 AM

he forgot to preach against open toed shoes and wearing the color red  :laughhard:

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 01, 2011, 01:47:10 AM

i totally agree! most will preach against tv but live on the internet, which is far worse than tv ever was lol

but i am like you, anything can be used for good or bad.

the bible said, all things are lawful but not all things are expedient  :thumbsup2:
I think it's easier to control the internet than the TV.

Babs

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 01, 2011, 02:08:56 AM

I think it's easier to control the internet than the TV.

i agree. only prob is, most that had the prob with tv, cant control it on the net. i watched so many ppl in the upc churches come to my house and bring their movies to watch on my tv, cause i was a sinner and could own one. kinda messed up i think. or they would go to the hospital for something and watch tv non stop.

i am not against either one, tv or net. i am against preaching against one and not the other. and faking you are abiding by it.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Well it seems we're really going to have this discussion, so...

Personally I don't like TVs.  I won't preach against them from the pulpit, but to me a TV is very different from the internet.  The internet is a "pull" medium, you go out and get what you want.  The TV is a "push" medium, you sit passively and watch whatever is being broadcast.

But more than that, to me a TV just feels insidious somehow.  When it's off people in a room talk.  When it's on everyone just sits and stares, and if you try to talk about something it's a real battle to keep their attention.

I'm not saying it's a sin, but I do think it's one of the weights the guy in the Bible spoke of.  I don't think anyone will go to hell for owning a TV but I do believe everyone who has a TV would be better off without one.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

i agree 100%. i have a tv but no cable for it. i can pick up 2 local stations, and very occasionally watch the news but its very rare.

i do have shows i like, so i download them and watch them. no commercials that way, and i control what i see.

but its getting to where the internet is a push anymore, with all the ads and spam. you almost cant control what you see anymore. and now you have families that live on the net, sitting in their rooms alone, talking to each other on fb, yahoo, etc

there are wonderful ways to use the internet for ministry and know some ppl that do it successfully

i dont have a prob if anyone wants one or the other in their home. just dont use it somewhere else, then preach against it. be honest about it is my point.

i see good and bad for internet. really dont see much use for tv lol

My latest blog post.

Lynx

What you said about families sitting online, talking to each other online when they're in the same room, reminds me of a recent cartoon run.  Two guys greet each other in a restaurant, sit down and play with their smartphones the whole time.  Once one of them asks another (via smartphone) "Hey, you wanna meet for lunch?"  The other says, "Dude, you're sitting right across the table from me."  "Sorry, spaced on your coordinates for a minute."

And with some it's so true it's not even funny.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Babs

yeah. when my sister was here with her girls, the girls were on the phones on fb and yahoo, talking to their mom while she was on my desktop, all three sitting in a 10x12 room. then they send me a text on my phone telling me to get online and talk to them  ???

:noo:

My latest blog post.

Lynx

They couldn't just look up and say verbally, "Hey you need to get online and talk to us"?  ???

We really need a head scratching smiley...
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

Babs

My latest blog post.

Babs

oh my i just had the funniest inbox on fb EVER! am crying im laughin so hard   :laughhard:

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Babs

oh i best not, this person lives close enough to come over and  :pound:

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

Babs

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Babs

twas a FB blooper. all i can say  :laughhard:

My latest blog post.

Lynx

*points over to a certain other thread*

SHARE!  You can delete the name.
"Do you sing at church?"