News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Didn't get the promotion. They went with an external. After both interviews telling me they were hoping for an internal.
What's the point of being internal if you can't get anywhere internally. So incredibly frustrating.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

I'm sorry MJJ! I hope your current job situation gets less awful so that you have the mental space to find another spot to go if you need to do so.

Speaking of awful jobs..

I'm thankful for my job. I'm thankful to be employed. I am not however, thankful for the idiocy of the state of IL, some of our subcontractors, and those in-between. LOL.  I am in literal need of a vacation where I can just relax and not be expected to do anything beyond breathe, eat, shower, sleep.. you know, the life functions, haha.

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on March 21, 2023, 09:37:23 PMI'm sorry MJJ! I hope your current job situation gets less awful so that you have the mental space to find another spot to go if you need to do so.

Speaking of awful jobs..

I'm thankful for my job. I'm thankful to be employed. I am not however, thankful for the idiocy of the state of IL, some of our subcontractors, and those in-between. LOL.  I am in literal need of a vacation where I can just relax and not be expected to do anything beyond breathe, eat, shower, sleep.. you know, the life functions, haha.
About the shower part... Last week I figured out it is negotiable. With nobody else to offend, I didn't have to shower until I personally couldn't stand it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

It's my boss. She's the issue I have currently. And quite honestly I'm just bored. Which affects me a lot mentally cus I'm just home alone a lot (cus hubbs works closing shifts a lot in his own retail environment). My friends are non-existent these days (despite one living next door). I'm just not stimulated in many areas and it's affecting my mental health. I also probably need to see a therapist about a few things including my church past.

Some job stimulation would help. and not being frustrated on the daily with my awful boss.
It's hard to even think about leaving CVS because I've been here 22 years and I will NOT get 7 weeks of paid vacation which is what I have now anywhere. Ever. LOL. I'll be lucky to even get 2 weeks.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Yeah that vacation time would be hard to let go! I get two weeks only now and forever, haha. Jeremy will soon get four.. which means I'll be mad at him two weeks a year at least LOL.

Definitely start the therapy. That might help some.. two birds one stone. Dealing with your past as well as something to stimulate your mind! Some of that can be difficult to work through.

Backseat Radio

I'm officially back in 16W skirts.  :clap:   Wore 20W when I started back on the no added sugar/sweetener diet about a month and a half ago.

Lynx

I don't know woman sizes, so I have no idea what size that is. I know there's something called a size zero and something called a size double zero, but I get the impression that is for people who starve themselves.

But I am vaguely aware that woman get happy when they go to lower sizes... So I rejoice with thee.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
Found myself busy today, but with time for me. Did a bit of work on my eternal project, Sam. Enjoying this vacation. So ready to have the old truck finished....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Just two of us in the office today. Our VP left for a comedy show with his wife earlier. Corporate Secretary was supposed to be on a trip to Kentucky with her husband (the General Manager), but their son-in-law is in the hospital still so they are having to stay and handle their grandchildren's schedules for their parents.

Hopefully getting released today or this weekend sometime. It's a huge complicated story and he still needs so much prayer. Started out they thought he had double pneumonia, but wasn't getting better with antibiotics. They checked him out again and thought he had congestive heart failure and lung cancer. God saved him from certain death by allowing him to secure a cardiology appointment BEFORE his lung biopsy appointment. If he had the biopsy done, he would not have made it off the table due to his heart issues. His heart is working at 10%. They're thinking he may have a virus-caused heart issue and sending him home with a vest defibrillator until he's able to get one put in. He's high risk for sudden death. Honestly, it seems just like the heart/lung issues caused by COVID infections, which he's had more than once. Anyway, they haven't been able to dive into his lung issues yet due to the heart being such a serious issue. We're hoping that's not lung cancer, but perhaps caused by the covid infections as well. His name is Ben. He (age 44) has a wife (Jess, 33 and my friend) and three kids, 19, 8 and 2. Young family!

Hopefully the storms aren't too crazy today/tonight, so I can get some laundry done. I have a "Ladies Day Out" service tomorrow that'll take up most of my morning/afternoon between the travel, service and meal.

I've been able to schedule an appointment with my dentist for them to fix my tooth that's started hurting this week. I get to go April 21st. a month away!

Roscoe

Hi. Been busy. Beautiful couple of days, and I've gotten a bit done. Church tonight....felt like the devil came too. Had a visitor that something wasn't right with her. Struggled a bit, then got the church praying. Was able to get through, but I felt the service was hindered greatly.
One more blessed day off, and I'm back at work. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Been a great day here.

I ran the ProPresenter during first session at church. Bro Joseph had entered the scriptures for the first session. Even with him and I both checking to make sure we had the scriptures in correctly, we missed that he'd accidentally put in 1 Corinthians 1:18-28 rather than 1 Corinthians 11:18-28 until Pastor got to that passage in the middle of class. Had a bit of a scramble to fix it.

During first session Pastor talked about communion and the importance of it since we're having our communion service the Wednesday before Easter. He also covered what the requirements are for participating in communion... that the person has to have repented, been baptized in Jesus name, and be actively seeking to receive the Spirit. He's going to give opportunity at the communion service for repentance and for anyone that hasn't been baptized yet to be baptized before we actually partake of the emblems. Also told us that they'll be using primarily wine for the communion but also have grape juice available for those that have convictions about drinking alcohol.

2nd session we got through 2 songs and God took over the service turning into a shouting and prayer service. Pastor didn't even get a chance to preach.

Was nice and warm out this afternoon (mid 50's) so I took my bicycle out for a ride.

The Purple Fuzzy

It was a beautiful day here today, too.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Roscoe

Shew lawd. Busy day here. Went and took the church bus to the stripers so they can see what they are going to do. Hopefully by the end of the week, we'll have it lettered with the church name, finally. Then met up with a  friend and got an estimate to have a french drain built at the church, to redirect the water that has destroyed our parking lot. Got a quote for paving...$29k. Yeah, we will be parking on gravel or repaired surfaces for a long while. But we might as well fix the drainage problem. While I had him on the hook, I had him come out and get an estimate to solve some of our water problems at the house. That'll be done in a couple weeks. Then I went and got flowers for the window boxes and planted them, so now we have a bit of color like we should have in the spring. Finally- got some patch work done on Sam so I can move forward with the next phase on him. I tell you, I'm gonna have to live to 140 to get everything done I need to...

Lynx

I thought you already got French drains for your backyard.

Or was that somebody else?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 28, 2023, 11:02:44 AMI thought you already got French drains for your backyard.

Or was that somebody else?
Wasn't me. I did some work in the back yard, adding soil, etc, but the  drain for the house was a last ditch thing, no pun intended. I didn't wanna spend the money.... and I still ain't. Just gonna have him do a ditch at the back of the property for now, and I'll work on the rest of it myself this summer. I neglected to buy a backhoe attachment for my tractor , and at $7k, I'm not gonna buy one now. :pound:
 The actual French drain will be at the church. Water flows off that hill and destroys the parking lot.
 Shew lawd. Back at work. It's rough coming back after ten days off...

Nelle

@Work.

Been having tooth pain for over a week.. can't get in to get repaired until April 21st.. BUT I'm thankful for Advil and the occasional moments without pain that somehow are happening without medication.

I was SO sleepy yesterday evening driving home. If I hadn't been in my right mind and talking to my momma, I could've probably fallen asleep driving haha. I laid down on the couch when I got home and slept for about 2 hours. Could barely still keep my eyes open, so I went to bed early and slept thru the night for the most part. I'm not 100% today, but I don't feel quite like I did yesterday at least. I woke up this morning without tooth pain at its normal level, actually probably about 5% instead of like 40-50%. Hoping when I go for my cleaning on Friday morning they can assess it and see if it's super urgent or not. The pain isn't fun, but it's not unbearable - just really irritating.

Jeremy's mom graduated to a walker yesterday! I know she will enjoy more mobility than she had with the wheelchair. And hopefully by the end of April, she will be down to a cane! Therapy, time, and God have definitely been helping her!

I feel like I mentioned my friends Ben and Jess the other day about his heart. He was able to come home yesterday with the cardiac defibrillator vest. I'm not sure when he can get one implanted, but hopefully not too far away.

MsJennJenn

Feeling bleh today. Fighting some kinda cold or something.  :smirk2:

Have absolutely no motivation today.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Day two of feeling like crud. Deep cough, all the symptoms of a bad cold, and I just ache. Probably should call in but I've just came back from time off and need to be there. Thankfully my schedule is light today...

Lynx

I shifted my day off from Monday to Wednesday, so happy day off!
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel came over today since I had a checkup at the heart doctor.

Roscoe

Hope the checkup went well, Fuzz.
 After dragging through the day yesterday with this chest cold/crud I've had for the last four days, my boss told me "You've got over 800 hours of sick time. Take it." I protested I'd been out all last week on vacation and he said that didn't matter. So this morning when I woke myself up hacking up a lung, I took his advice and called in. I hope they don't drug test for Nyquil. I've been drinking shots of it. LOL. Well, not really. But it has stopped the coughing. Feel much better now, just laying in the recliner.