News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Can a vegetarian eat?

Started by Brother Dad, May 02, 2008, 01:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Dad

I noticed on Cheeseads site that the seal was broken in his animal crackers.  Made me wonder about a question.  So here goes.
Can a vegetarian eat animal crackers?
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Brother Dad

Also tell us why you answer the way you do.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

World Traveler

Can the lactose intolerant eat head cheese??
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Sister_Mom

Did you know there is a thread devoted to answering questions with a question?  :biglaugh:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

sunlight

Can a vegetarian get boared? 
* sunlight hugs SisMom and BroDad and runs back out of the thread... hehe!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Melody

hmmmm, very good question. 

I was just wondering myself if sun beams can also hold up the moon?

Sis

This can be different. Life's questions.

Why is a round pizza put in a square box?

Can you cry under the water?

Is it still called a hearing when deaf person goes to court?

Ashlee

Quote from: Sis on May 02, 2008, 08:53:00 PM
Is it still called a hearing when deaf person goes to court?

*ahem* :roll:  I could give so many different answers to this one. 

*hangs around to read more silly questions.*

Sis

If you have a cured ham, what disease did it have?

Will you be fired if you drink Pepsi at a Coke factory?

Does a person have to be important before they are considered assassinated instead of just plain murdered?

mesipie

yes u will be fired for drinking pepsi at a coke factory
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

sunlight

Why did the boar cross the road?

MelodyB

Ummm yall...there really is an answer to Bro Dads question, and it isnt a silly one. :roll:

This isnt another useless thread. LOL

But I wont answer it, since I know the answer already.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

the answer is... of course they can!

Brother Dad

Quote from: sunlight on May 03, 2008, 07:21:18 AM
Are you 100 percent sure?  Think about.

MelodyB

I think Chel was answering the question "Can a vegetarian eat?" Not the question "Can a vegetarian eat animal crackers?"

So if she is answering the former question, she is right, the latter, notsomuch. ;)   

sunlight

Can a vegetarian eat an animal cracker? the answer to this is an absolute yes! all vegetarians have the same makeup as omnivores, and carnivores- especially those of the homo-sapien species! There is not a single mechanical reason why they would not be able to consume an aminal cracker.
now if you were asking would they- that depends on the personal convictions of the animal cracker eatee, which happens to vary from person to person, but if you go by the rules of not having any meat or products of animals- the animals crackers could still be deemed safe for vegetarian consumption. :REG:
:laughhard:
I am 100% sure of what I just said! hehe!
Quote from: Brother Dad on May 03, 2008, 12:13:27 PM
Quote from: sunlight on May 03, 2008, 07:21:18 AM
Are you 100 percent sure?  Think about.

MelodyB

Quote from: sunlight on May 03, 2008, 04:54:07 PM

I am 100% sure of what I just said! hehe!

I dont think you should be.  :hypocrite:

sunlight

of course not! lol, but i dont want him to think i know the answer... hehe. besides, i like my reasoning better- its the way i have to reason for my nursing tests... haha

MelodyB

:roll:

You might want to look up the ingreidents on the box.

sunlight

(sorry for the caps!)

ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, YELLOW CORN FLOUR, CALCIUM CARBONATE (SOURCE OF CALCIUM), ***WHEY***,  BAKING SODA, SALT, SOY LECITHIN (EMULSIFIER), ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR.

The only thing in the whole ingrediant list from this particular brand that could possibly get them out of the list is Whey- which is a derivitive of milk. In other words- it again depends on the strictness of the person doing the chewing... lol, and on who made it.

SNACKIMALS Animal Cookies, HAIN KIDZ Animal Cookies, and COUNTRY CHOICE Animal Cookies are all recepies that are approved by total vegetarians. They do not contain the whey,or even the refined sugar. :D

Brother Dad

Quote from: sunlight on May 03, 2008, 05:21:57 PM
(sorry for the caps!)

ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, YELLOW CORN FLOUR, CALCIUM CARBONATE (SOURCE OF CALCIUM), ***WHEY***,  BAKING SODA, SALT, SOY LECITHIN (EMULSIFIER), ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR.

The only thing in the whole ingrediant list from this particular brand that could possibly get them out of the list is Whey- which is a derivitive of milk. In other words- it again depends on the strictness of the person doing the chewing... lol, and on who made it.

SNACKIMALS Animal Cookies, HAIN KIDZ Animal Cookies, and COUNTRY CHOICE Animal Cookies are all recepies that are approved by total vegetarians. They do not contain the whey,or even the refined sugar. :D
Well I'll be, no animal fats

sunlight

Sis

Brother Dad

tat right I tell you, just tat right.  I think it is a conspiracy.

Sis

Gotta love a good conspiracy!