News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Psalm_97 has music, so he's feeling fine. Listen to a tune in Sharing 449!

Started by Lynx, October 31, 2011, 02:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Everyone at work is cranky today. I'm blaming the rain.

Wish I didn't have rehearsal so I could go to church. But I'm hoping we get out super quick because there will only be 3 of us.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

SippinTea

Gloomy grey outside. Boys doing schoolwork. Dinner in the crockpot. Now I need to fold laundry and do some other housework. But first... first, I think I need coffee. :) It's cold in here.

I tried to talk mom into giving K a day off school and coming to play games with us, but she's doing that responsible mom thing and said no. ;) Alas.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

She wouldn't let poor Kaitlyn *however you spell it*, join in any Shrewby games....  :sing:

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on November 16, 2011, 03:47:41 PM
:sing:

Blame in on the rain, yeah yeah.....
Whoa, that takes me back.  When I was a little kid my sister used to listen to that one album from that one group over and over and over and...     I know all the verses to that song and it's not even my kind of music. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In other SHARING news:  Went to work (last night,) came home, got a good night's sleep.  I have a fresh batch of records from my music teacher, a whole lot of practice drills I can do on the piano and a few songs for which I really want to make a soundtrack.

Don't anybody say anything about being bored - I'll invite you over here to help run records to computer. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

You spelled it right, Cheese. I'm so proud of you. *sniff*

We don't have a Chick Fil A anywhere close. Weird. Everyone talks about them like they're... I dunno... as well known as Taco Bell or McD's or something. Apparently we're even more backwoodsy than I knew. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

My first impression of Chic Fil A was "they need to learn how to cook chicken."

I tried one closer, and their service won me over.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

I -love- their nuggets, chicken minis, and sweet tea. Their nuggets chicken strips leave much to be desired. I think their service is even better than their food.

Chseeads

Chik fil a is not super widespread around here.  There is one in Bloomington in the mall.  Other than that I think the next near one that I am aware of would be up around Indy.....  At least that I know of offhand anyways....  And down south toward Louisville too... There may be other ones somewhere, I dunno.

Chseeads

Okay, looking on the website, there's apparently one on IU campus too....it says it's at the Library though..lol...strange, but okay. lol

Otherwise it does look to be the case that the next closest ones are up around Indy or down toward Louisville.

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on November 16, 2011, 07:57:43 PM
I -love- their nuggets, chicken minis, and sweet tea. Their nuggets chicken strips leave much to be desired. I think their service is even better than their food.
I was wondering about that the first time I read it, before your edit.  I thought either you typed something you didn't mean to type, there were two people making this post... or you have multiple personalities and one of you hates the nuggets while the other one of you likes them.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Lynx

I am currently somewhat stressing my music computer.  I have it making an ogg vorbis copy of my whole collection - modern, old gospel from records, christmas music, classical and comedy tracks, 4,588 audio files in all - to put on my music player, AND doing the same thing as mp3 to burn to data DVDs to send to friends.

Usually if you use this program to transcode one album or something it will give you an estimate of how much time it will take.  Right now it won't even give an estimate.  Almost like it's telling me go get a cup of coffee, read the paper, paint the house... it's gonna be a while.

An i5 processor is a wonderful thing though.  It's not even getting warm. 
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It must be more of a southern thing.  We have 3 in the town I work in.  They used to be only in the malls and their slogan was "the taste worth shopping for" or something like that.  I was glad when they opened stand alone stores with drive throughs.  They have awesome chocolate shakes.  They are all closed on Sundays.

MsJennJenn

Chick-Fil-A is HUGE down here. lol They're all over the place. and yes they are closed on Sunday's. Love that...also hate that haha.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 16, 2011, 08:32:52 PM
They used to be only in the malls and their slogan was "the taste worth shopping for" or something like that.  I was glad when they opened stand alone stores with drive throughs. 

Wayyyyy back in your day....*cough*

Melody

Quote from: Newsman on November 16, 2011, 07:49:40 AM
Lady Melodya,

I taught and preached from there Sunday, beginning with John 6 and on the theme of "gather the fragments"

Do y'all have church on Christmas Day, Lady Melodya?

John  :waving:

Hey Bro.John!

Sounds like a faith booster.

Yes, we do have service that day. No sunday school though. Service will start @ 10:45. If we do end up being in town, you are welcome to lunch with us.

mini

IowaSkirtGirl

I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!