News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The Official 2011 Godplace Thanksigiving (Thankful thread)

Started by Scott, November 23, 2011, 06:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

I am thankful to God for giving me a purpose, a reason to live.

Before I knew God, my life was very dull.  I went to work to make money to live to keep working to make money to keep living... In my free time I read books, watched TV and played video games.  But one can only do that so much.  I had a lot of time to think about my life, and what I thought was depressing.  I could see no viable reason to keep living.  I wasn't even close to thinking about killing myself, but I couldn't see any logical reason to continue my existence.  I couldn't accomplish anything of any lasting significance that I could see, aside from continuing to live until I got too old and died.

Now I have a reason to get up, a reason to look forward to every day that I live.  I am doing a lot of things that actually matter, that make a difference in so many lives.  Now I have a reason to live.  And I thank God for it every day.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

First and foremost, I'm thankful for God and Him having mercy on me and blessing me in all the ways He has my entire life, even when I was not the most faithful. I was blessed with a Godly mother that scared Hell just by getting up each day, because God listened to her and MOVED. Immediately.
I'm thankful that I didn't grow up in a broken home and had two parents that loved me- and showed it by correcting me when I was wrong.
I'm thankful for the Godly wife He gave me, and for her obeying Him before we were even dating. Had she ignored God that night, I've no doubt I would've walked out on God and been lost now. She is the greatest thing to happen to me, and is a perfect example of a Godly mother and wife. I love her immeasurably.
I'm thankful for my beautiful little "Angel-Fluff" Cheyenne. She is the light of her daddy's life, and she makes any bad day better just by snuggling with me and giving me kissies.
I'm thankful for my beautiful home, my vehicular toys, and the awesome job He gave me to pay for them.
I'm thankful for the greatest pastor and pastor's wife that ever walked in shoe leather, and I'm so glad God put them in my life.
And last but not least I'm thankful I found Godplace, and you like-minded nuts that keep me semi sane.....

And that's just the tip of the iceberg of thankfulness here! :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

This year I am especially thankful for family and friends that weather the storms WITH you, and don't leave you buried when your world is caving in. My family has been given an absolute outpouring of love this year, in all kinds of ways. I'm grateful.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel