Yes
No
Yes
No
Yes
No

The Purple Fuzzy

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

To those of sufficient perspicacity, nothing is inconspicuous.   ;)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 14, 2011, 01:47:24 PM
Inconspicuously posts...
To them that notice stuff, ain't nothin inconspicuous. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

LOL!  That's great!  You can talk "hick"! :lol:

Lynx

Yup.

But what was wrong with the first one?  That was also english. 
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Nuttin.  Just messing with you.  I have to translate geek for some of my hick customers at times. ;)

Lynx

Bah!  That was not geek, it was my mom, and that is just how I am accustomed to talking at home.  The curse of having a mother who is an english major is when I speak to people outside my family I keep having to back up and translate what I say.  And every time people complain about "big words" I'm tempted to rattle off antidisestablishmentarianism.  :P

More people need to read more books and get more vocabulary. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

My latest blog post.

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 14, 2011, 05:00:34 PM
Bah!  That was not geek, it was my mom, and that is just how I am accustomed to talking at home.  The curse of having a mother who is an english major is when I speak to people outside my family I keep having to back up and translate what I say.  And every time people complain about "big words" I'm tempted to rattle off antidisestablishmentarianism.  :P

More people need to read more books and get more vocabulary.
Hmm... I read constantly. I gots, the vocab- ulary. I just ain't a gonna use it. ' tain't fittin' fer a country boy ta put on airs, thataway. :laughhard:

And Bro, unfortanantly, the above comment is very close to the way I actually speak. I've learned over the years, if you sound like a stupid unlearned hick, people don't expect near as much out of you and tend to talk a bit  more freely. It's amazing what one can learn.... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Yup.  As I keep on tellin another feller on this forum, sometimes it's downright handy to be underestimated. 

Neat... "tellin" gets an argument from Firefox's automatic spell checker but "downright" passes with no comment. 
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Lynx

Yeah, everyone chime in and congratulate him... every time he says that.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Tricia Lea

Babs

My latest blog post.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

My latest blog post.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"