News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

People are strange......

Started by Scott, November 22, 2011, 09:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

People are already camping out to shop the day after Thanksgiving....

http://www.freep.com/article/20111122/FEATURES13/111122033/With-video-Shoppers-already-line-Black-Friday-Best-Buy-Rochester-Hills?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

QuoteConsider Andrew Fylak of Rochester a hardcore Black Friday deal seeker -- and he doesn't even know what deal he is after yet.

On a whim fueled by anticipation, Fylak pitched a tent outside of the Best Buy store in Rochester Hills on Sunday. The 18-year-old and four of his buddies wanted to be the first in line for the electronic store's Black Friday sale, which begins at midnight Thursday.

"Don't even know the deals yet," said Fylak, 18, who slept outside of the store Monday night. "A Best Buy employee said it was going to be great this year, the best in five years, so we will see what kind of deals we get."
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh, wow, that's a little extreme.

Lynx

I like to stay home on Black Friday.  I make sure we have enough stuff - razor blades, toilet paper, etc - so we don't have to go anywhere at all.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

the guy at my local hardware store told me that there were good deals this Friday, but not to rush out - they  had plenty and it wasn't worth fighting crowds.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Warrior

I was at the Mall of America at around 1:00 am on black Friday. It wasn't that bad. The largest crowd seemed to be the one outside of Best Buy, and there was a team of armed guards monitoring the line, and it appeared they were only allowing a few people in at a time.

I was accompanying a friend who wished to acquire a laptop computer for sufficiently less than normal price. Best not to wander through a massive parking garage alone with a 1,000 dollar laptop. He found the laptop he wanted, we waited in line for perhaps ten minutes, maybe fifteen.

However, we went to the Mall of America because we knew the security team would be active. In addition to that, many stores were closed, so it was quite easy to get where we needed to without any hassle.
veni.vidi.vici