News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Yay for call-ins! Someone called in last night at work and I wound up staying till 9pm.

The preceding was not at all sarcastic. It really was a yay. I can use the money. :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

So Mel what you are saying is next Thanksgiving I should just give up trying to be friendly to my family and come to MS? I mean that's what I heard in those posts  :cool:

I finally opened up to a few close-ish friends here about our financial state and shortage of food. 2 friends brought us leftovers last night [and persistantly invited us to a friends-giving at their house wednesday night], another is supposedly making us some freezer meals, and another is bringing a lasagna the week after Thanksgiving. We are blessed. I really need to get over my fear of asking for help. My parents taught me it's the worst thing in the world to do and usually when I do need help they give me a resounding no. The car battery has been the only exception in years. I have to learn that not everyone is like them.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

You would be welcome here! I would rather spend the holiday with friends who don't cause us drama than family who really doesn't want to be with us.

I'm making hamburgers right now. Gonna fry some fries and we have baked beans. I helped mom get a shower and we are about to watch a movie I rented. Then I plan on coloring till bedtime. Time to de-stress.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Lynx

OR... Heather and husband, and Mel, could all meet halfway - in southwest TN. There's a pretty tightly-knit family I know of that meets for a family dinner for any and all major and minor holidays. Or sometimes just because we feel like having a family dinner. Y'all would probably fit right in.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Quote from: HeatherB on November 22, 2015, 04:30:24 AM
I hope you found some good buns while at the store Mel  :freaky2:

Yes, I gave them a good squeeze and tested to see if they were satisfactory. I found some that suited my needs. :freaky2:

Maybe one day we will take you up on that offer, Isaac.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

* MsJennJenn hugs for melbs and heathers

Annual Friendsgiving was a success.
Friend from work came.

Despite not really liking holidays either like Melbs it's not entirely for a different reason.
I would just rather be with my church family. They're "family" outside of my Mom, Dad and bro & sil. Close with my immediate family but other than that, give me my church family any day.

We don't have any other family coming for thanksgiving.
Will be low key.
Well except for the guy friend I'll get to see next week.

:hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 22, 2015, 06:16:46 AM
* MsJennJenn hugs for melbs and heathers

Annual Friendsgiving was a success.
Friend from work came.

Despite not really liking holidays either like Melbs it's not entirely for a different reason.
I would just rather be with my church family. They're "family" outside of my Mom, Dad and bro & sil. Close with my immediate family but other than that, give me my church family any day.

We don't have any other family coming for thanksgiving.
Will be low key.
Well except for the guy friend I'll get to see next week.

:hypocrite:
Well. Perhaps now we know the reason for the Congratulations thread...:hypocrite:
Morning all. Back at work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Mel-I'm glad you found some good buns!  :cool:

That's it. We need to just have a GP thanksgiving next year. We are still 4 days out and I'm already over my family for Thanksgiving AND Christmas.

It's Brandon's first day off [other than school] and he has already abandoned me for his mom's house  :roll: So I'm up doing some housework type stuff before church. No clue if he's coming with me or not.

Jenn-guy friend?!?!? Do tell.....

Heather

Small group we are a part of showed up at our apartment this afternoon giving us a very generous gift card to a local grocery store. Another couple messaged us to please come for dinner. God's provision never fails.

Roscoe

Urgh. Got to work. Found that the small bowl I had my salad dressing in had the lid pop off....salad dressing all over the lunch bag. Bah. Oh, and found one of the ongoing issues for my Canyon's fault. A sensor, that according to the internet was a 10 minute replacement job, so I tackled it last night. An hour and a half later, I managed to complete the job and get to church. I'd love to meet the dude that said it was a ten minute job...:pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on November 22, 2015, 12:48:21 PM
:hypocrite: Well. Perhaps now we know the reason for the Congratulations thread...:hypocrite:

Whatever he don't even know! lol

Quote from: HeatherB on November 22, 2015, 04:11:23 PM

Jenn-guy friend?!?!? Do tell.....

Soon. :pwink:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Hate to be a downer- but a little prayer would be appreciated. Today is the sixth anniversary of my Daddy's death, and it always hits me kinda hard-We were close.  I tend to be depressed, sad and irritable on this day, even more so than normal. It'd be nice to make it through today without killing someone. Thanks.

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 23, 2015, 04:04:19 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on November 22, 2015, 12:48:21 PM
:hypocrite: Well. Perhaps now we know the reason for the Congratulations thread...:hypocrite:

Whatever he don't even know! lol

Sure....

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Thanks, fuzz. I survived.
Back at work.  If I can make it through today.....

Heather

Just got done eating an absolutely fantastic lunch. Mom had recommended the Campbell's oven sauces to me. We did the Sweet Teriyaki. We did chicken breasts, red, green, and yellow pepper, pineapple chunks and the sauce. 40 minutes in the oven. Fantastic! We also did yellow rice in the cooker. We both have to work this afternoon and will be going to a friends house for a friendsgiving this evening [me for the evening and Brandon is coming by for his lunch break].

Roscoe

Well. We HAD planned on going to Lou's mom's for dinner tomorrow at 3, before Lou had to go to work. Then this afternoon they changed Lou's schedule and she has to be at work at one tomorrow. So, I had to run in and get a small ham, and I've spent all evening cooking cinnamon rolls, cornbread for the dressing, making dressing, marinating the ham, and just generally kitchen things. Not gonna make it to church tonight either...which is not good but if I don't get this stuff prepared, we won't have time to eat before she goes to work. :pound: Stupid Walmart.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I'm currently at my parents. Dad is already driving me crazy. We are going to mamaw's this afternoon. I'll probably end up at the kids table with my 50something Uncle who eats everything whether it's on your plate or his. Last Christmas he kept throwing food at me. Brandon is at work til 3:30. Walmart is actually closed, they don't have any trucks, but they brought in the unloading crew to set up Black Friday sales. I'm mad he's missing family time for other people's greed. My sister isn't coming in [Thank ya Jesus!!] Tonight we are going to a friends house to decompress and just chill. Pray for my sanity til about 4 pm EST.

Roscoe

Walmart here was open. Lou had to work from 1 until 9, so I fixed dinner and we ate around 11 ish, then I went to Walmart and done some Christmas shopping. Figured I didn't have anything better to do, Chey was at grandmas, so I might as well.

Heather

I didn't end up leaving Mamaw's until around 6 so safe to say we didn't make it to friends house. My ETSU paycheck dropped this morning. Wasn't expecting it til Monday. No shopping for me. Brandon is gone to get us breakfast then the rest is starting on our December bills. We have so much due the first 2 weeks of the month I have no idea how we get by.

Was going to go hiking today but I woke up with one of my glorious headaches and I've got a bit of an earache going on too. Seems like perfectly reasonable day to sit inside and crochet.

Roscoe