News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

No rain but it was in the 20s this morning when I got up. Forgot to take my meds last night and therefore couldn't really move to get out of bed. My joints hurt so bad.

Registering for classes then on to work study for the afternoon.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on November 16, 2015, 08:01:44 PM
*goes for the record 2 posts in one day*
*faints*
'bout time your unsociable self got back in here.
And it's still raining. I had to stop on the way home by a fellow hams' house. This put me behind time and I had to fight traffic along with rain. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bleh.

Last night at church my minivan refused to start. It turned over slowly like it had a dead battery. So today I got a new battery and put it in.  No workee. So I cleaned the posts, cleaned the cable contacts, even tried jumping it off with another vehicle.

I hate, I absolutely HATE having to get a new starter. And I really hope I can get a refund tomorrow on this new battery I don't need...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

oh the trifecta. Once one goes out the other 2 are on the way. We've done battery and starter on Brandon's car. Hopefully the alternator will hold out for a while.

headache the last 2 days. went to see my cat today. talked Brandon out of going back to AZ.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

AT LAST THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!
The stores are finally selling melted-ice-cream-in-a-bottle, aka eggnog!

Although these days you have to read ingredients. Some brands have started using nonfat milk, high fructose corn syrup and - heaven help us - spray-dried egg yolks in their eggnog. I had to search to find a brand that still tasted like real eggnog. But I found it and I poured me a glass and now I'm happy. EGGNOG SEASON IS HERE!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Bah. I hate this time of year.  And we've got  a ton of folks here with whom I do not agree with lifestyle wise, and who are, all that aside, majorly  annoying,   decoratin the building. I  really need the day off....

Heather

Quote from: MelodyB on November 18, 2015, 11:57:25 AM
Is he unhappy at WM?

He's just tired. He was hired on for 4 days a week and due people leaving quicker than they can hire and the time of year, he's been working 5 days a week. His only days off are the 2 days he's in class all day. Plus he has a BIG paper due next week that he procrastinated on. We talked it over and he's sticking to it. We only have 3 more weeks of school and he's up for a raise and promotion next month.

In other news it's incredibly windy here today. Wouldn't be so bad if the bus drivers actually stopped at the bus stops to pick us up. My ears are still screaming from having to walk across campus.

The Purple Fuzzy

We lost some big limbs with the storms but have a friend that Chel goes to church with that lost his chicken houses.  http://www.ktre.com/story/30544207/east-texas-storm-destroys-farm-in-garrison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Watch it mini, that M word is cussing this early in the day. Go wash your mouth out with chocolate.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Urgh. Moan. Grumble
Yea. It IS that kinda day, beautiful weather and coffee notwithstanding. Ready for the day to be over so I can go home and replace the shingles that abdicated their  duties during the storm Tuesday.  I have so much to do...and no time and money to do it. I blame Seth and Mini-ster. And anyone else other than me.:pound:
On the bright side- another lb off, finally.  4 lbs from my next big goal, a sub-220lb reading.

Heather

We have 88 dollars to live off of. In that 88 dollars we need to buy food for 2 weeks and put gas in my car.

We are going to die.

MsJennJenn

Heather - pasta is mega cheap. That's what I eat when I'm broke. haha. add a little olive oil, some spices. Meal for less than $1.
Thou shalt not die!  :nono: :noo:

Friday! Glorious, lovely Friday! At work, was up and out early too. AND ate breakfast, AND had coffee...AND made the bed.
Weeeeeeee.  :freaky2:

Our Young Adult Friendsgiving tomorrow! Yippee!! Favorite holiday! :fork:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

It's a pasta/sandwiches/mini pizza diet for us the next 2 weeks. However we are going to ask both our grandmothers if we can be loaded down with the Thanksgiving leftovers. May be a bit of a challenge at my mamaw's because my uncle may be there. He literally doesn't stop eating. I blame it on the 30+ years he's been a widow and never remarried.

Yesterday was rough. I had a full blown anxiety attack. I felt it creeping in and had to get up and leave in middle of class. No clue how I made it back up the hill but I did before the hand/feet numbing set in. Feeling better today thankfully.

Roscoe

:hi: Heather, sorry you guys are going through that. It'll get better...
And hello, all. Made a grocery store run today, and done some honey dos, then nearly killed myself getting the 3 foot, lighted 5 pointed star decoration I made for Chey 30 feet up on my tower. We shall have to wait until dark tonight to see if it looks okay. Put it up about 18 feet last night and it looked fairly cool. I really shoulda bought a premade one though- it was a pain to bend the coathangers into the correct shape and keep it somewhat uniform. :pound: Looks like Thanksgiving will be at my in laws. I may try to overcome my phobia about large groups and make myself go. Lou doesn't understand why I get as nervous as a longtailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs when I'm around a large group, but I do. Truthfully, I don't understand it. I can go to church, preach, eat at a restaurant- but put me in a crowd of 20 people in a group environment, and I literally go to pieces.   :paranoid: :paranoid:

MelodyB

I hate holidays. My brothers are stupid jerks who don't care about their mother and her first set of holidays without her husband of 35 years. They have plans for both holidays that don't include us at all. And they haven't visited since the funeral in April.

We are spending the holidays with family that isn't my brothers and that's only cause I took it upon myself to get us invited to those functions to prevent my mom from spending her first holidays without my dad, sitting around staring at just me over a baked chicken and some stovetop. Which is what would happen if we stayed home.

I'm so through with the holidays and they have barely begun. People wonder why I feel this way and hate this time of year, well, it's because when it comes down to it, I'm the only one who gives a rip about my parents and apparently since dad is gone, I'm gonna have to take care of mom forever alone cause even though she had three children, I'm the only one.

Anyway. Yeah. I wish it was January already. But I'll pretend to have a good time and be jolly...for moms sake. Even if she doesn't notice anyway. God still notices right? I mean He still cares, right? Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like now if I had never started caring for my parents and lived my own life for the past 15 years...

That is all.

MelodyB

Anyway.

I had a good time tonight at our Connect Group. It's the group between 20-50...after the Youth but not quite the LAFF (Life After Fifty Fun) group. I love my church family, when I am with them I can *almost* forget I have drama in my natural family. We had a bonfire on the beach tonight and it was great! Anytime fire is involved it's always a good time. :freaky2:

Heather, I wish you and Brandon were visiting us, I just bought $200 worth of groceries yesterday and our freezer is full and I had to re arrange the pantry to hold the stuff I got. I could cook for yall, or if you lived nearby, I could set some of this stuff on your doorstep. Thanks to the government for the food stamps that keep us fed. $200 a month is not much, but I make it work and we never do without. We may not have a lot of extra cash, but we always have something to eat. I never worry about that.

I really am trying to be positive this season, dispite my above post. I just needed to vent somewhere and express my feelings and, lucky GP, this is where I'm "safe" to do so.

Bah Humbug!

The Purple Fuzzy