News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

For Those That Wondered, Here's SHARING 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mini, June 16, 2015, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

One of the hams that is assistant pastor about two hours north of me decided that he'd make a facebook group limited for apostolic hams. It's working out pretty nicely. We ask technical questions and let everyone know what frequency we are meeting on, then get everyone there and enjoy a nice chat.
And I'm back at work. Will work today and tomorrow, then off for 3 days...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Okay...24 hours of no posting is too much. :pound: :pound:
Back at work. My Friday, as I have to go see the doctor tomorrow. Scales said 220 this morning.  And I am tired. That is all...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Uh... seems to me that forum would get blown up pretty quick. I know a LOT of apostolic hams.  :roll:

*crickets*

Well... I thought it was funny.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

I hate to admit it, but I jumped on Roscoe's bandwagon of counting calories. I think I'm dying.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on September 09, 2015, 02:52:24 PM
I hate to admit it, but I jumped on Roscoe's bandwagon of counting calories. I think I'm dying.
It gets easier. And even if not- way I see it, at least I'll have a skinny corpse.  :lol:

mini

I had an apple for lunch.

I'll be washing out my mouth with chocolate soon.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Sitting in the waiting area, getting the oil changed on the truck.

Bored.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Home is where their is 'mostly' dependable Wi-Fi! Made it in about 10 last night. So weird to think 24 hours ago I was on the beach...sigh...glad to be back in my mountains though!!!

Somehow found the power to get completely unpacked last night. Slept 10 hours. Now it's a day of homework. I only have 1 class. Plus we have to go to the store later since we depleted ours pre-vacation.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

It's a little cooler here. Not high 90s now, thankfully.

Heather

I went from 90s on the South Carolina coast to 71 today in East Tennessee. I've been cold all day but I much prefer that.

Roscoe

Well. Today was the long awaited doctor visit. The bad news is his scale is significately different from mine. Mine said this morning 233 with clothing on...his was 14 lbs higher. BUT.....his, according to my chart showed me last month at 269 lbs, NOT the 251 I had. At any rate, all agree that I have lost at least 22 lbs since August 9. Doctor said he expected my liver functions would be fine....unlike his nurse, he seemed to think that while they were high they weren't dangerously so, just something to stay on top of. He was overjoyed by my weight loss and seemed a bit amazed that I had shed so much so quickly. He told me to keep on doing exactly what I have been doing, saying I looked like a different man. My goal is still 200 lbs by the first of the year......

Lynx

Wait... your goal is to lose 200? 

Oh, never mind. Down TO 200.  When I first read that I wondered if there would be any Bobby left when you were done.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

I've just been really on edge the last day or so. No idea what is going on but I don't like it. I feel like I could freak out at any moment. Pray for me today if you would.

2 classes and back to work today. I have to work the next 4 days [including sunday....grumble grumble] to make up for taking a vacation. Not that I asked to work that much, they just went ahead and threw me on the schedule without even mentioning it to me... :smirk2:

Heather

Between my general body discomfort and Brandon's new weight loss, we have decided to change up our eating habits. I have never had so many fruits and vegetables in my house at the same time. Also we bought a rice cooker [for me] that will also steam veggies [for him...and eventually me]. Sadly I grew up in a home that ate a lot of processed, on the run, type meals and never really had vegetables around. [thus my poptart/fruit snack addiction.] It's a food group I've had to start trying to like as I've gotten older. Brandon on the other hand grew up with a garden in his front yard and loves all the veggies.

I have a mid-shift today and Brandon goes back to work this evening. I also have my first sunday shift tomorrow and somehow I ended up getting put on the schedule for next sunday too. Heather is not happy.

The Purple Fuzzy

I understand about the veggies. I don't eat as many as I should.

Roscoe

Been a busy weekend...went to the county fair Friday night. It was a disappointment. Not nearly as big as I recalled, and they charged $4 to get in the gate, and $24 for a wristband to let you ride the rides. Fortunately, we only bought one, as Chey's riding partner, Hayden, got money from his dad to go. They had a ball. I hated it.
Then Saturday after Lou got off work, I cruised over to mini-ster's and helped him repair and install an antenna for his ham radio setup, then he and I wound up at Golden Corral with our very own Newsman, who proceeded to totally wipe out an eavesdropping couple at a nearby table by giving Mini and I advice on cleaning 'possums for dinner. The look on the eavesdropper's face...:laughhard:
Then, as we were leaving, Mini and I were treated to Newsman's incredible impersonation of some pop singer named Meghan Trainor. Unfortunately, we did NOT have a camera waiting, and missed a golden opportunity for blackmail.
I got home around 9:30....and 4:45 came WAY too soon. Now I am back at work. Bah.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Oooooh yeah, you can have some real fun with eavesdroppers. Five points for seizing the moment. And probably three more points for making their brains seize up.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Ugh. Urgh. *moan* I am SO not functioning well this morning. I may have to drink a cup of coffee.

Lynx

Forget that. Moser Roth 85%. Take two bars and call me from the ceiling.  :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

I firmly believe that our grandchildren will look back on our consumption of caffeine like we do on our grandparents use of tobacco.

In the mean time, pass the coffee.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on September 13, 2015, 11:57:30 AM
Then, as we were leaving, Mini and I were treated to Newsman's incredible impersonation of some pop singer named Meghan Trainor. Unfortunately, we did NOT have a camera waiting, and missed a golden opportunity for blackmail.

:o what! lol that i would have loved to see....

Quote from: HeatherB on September 12, 2015, 02:28:58 PM
Between my general body discomfort and Brandon's new weight loss, we have decided to change up our eating habits. I have never had so many fruits and vegetables in my house at the same time.

I don't remember much eating very many vegetables. Potatoes and beans. Maybe more fruit. I don't remember. Now I love it. We have a local produce co-op that I participate in sometimes. It's about $18 and you get 5-6 vegetable varieties and 4-6 fruits. More than one of each depending on what it is. It's fun to do. But I more often than not go to the grocery, or Aldi. I went to Aldi this weekend. I got all this for $25: can of black olives, feta cheese, pineapple, pomegranates, 3 apples, 3 squash, 2 zucchini, 4 bell peppers, 3 lemons, cherry tomatoes, 5lb bag of red potatoes, huge bag of fresh green beans, bag of 2 brocolli clumps, and a PUMPKIN! Love their produce! I like produce.

I'm doing good this week - week 2 of my calorie counting! I made mini-quiche for breakfasts this week. Cut up the pineapple and the pomegranate and proportioned it. Going home tonight to make a pork chop with this vegetable medley on top. Spiraled zucchini and squash, cherry tomatoes, and feta. I'm excited. Super low calorie.

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 14, 2015, 03:52:54 PM
Some churches preach against caffeine.

Are you kidding?! lol  :o
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

No she is not kidding. Some churches really do preach against caffeine. People getting addicted to coffee you know, can't make it through the day without it...
"Do you sing at church?"