News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

For Those That Wondered, Here's SHARING 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mini, June 16, 2015, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Friends are moved in. They also fed me dinner which is good because I had no clue what we would have done otherwise.

Brandon has an interview for a stock job at Wal-Mart tomorrow. Please pray for him in the morning. This would help us tremendously. It costs him roughly $60 per week to drive 45 minutes to work and home. This job would be 10 minutes away and starting out at higher pay then he gets now [and he's been there 5 years. AZ is a joke.].
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Urgh. Lord. This week is dragging.....I am SO ready for a weekend.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Interview went well. They told him stock but it is actually for a truck unloader. Only 2 spots open and they are interviewing only 2 people.

I've spent the morning trying to work out my own financial issues but I can't get the lawyers to answer their phone or call me back. I guess if all else fails I'll just drive to Maryville and show up on their front door.

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

2 hours post interview Brandon got a call back already for a 2nd interview tomorrow and she pretty much said a job offer!! Wahoo!!!

Downside: the starter went out on his car today  :smirk2: We've limped it along for a while now and was hoping it would hold out til we get school money in August. At least we'll only work a few blocks from each other.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Trying to get through the day....gotta run home,change, and go mow the church yard tonight.  Good friend and pastor's  grandson,Cody, is getting married tomorrow  night and it needs to look decent. Lord I am ready for a day of relaxation....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I've not been sleeping well. I was up from 430 til 8. Fell back asleep until about 1030. I have got to get my sleep schedule under control or it's going to kick my fanny when school starts.

Brandon had his 2nd interview. He goes for a drug test in the morning and they began the process for his background check today.

MelodyB

I learned something new at Bible Study today...well I usually do, but this was interesting, morso than usual...

In Judges 3, when the guy kills the fat king and the dagger was closed around his fat, later when the servants found the door to his summer lounge area locked, they said "he must be covering his feet, we will wait"

I always assumed that meant that they thought he was napping...but apparently "covering his feet" means "using the restroom".

Never knew that. Pastor said it tonight and when I got home I read the passage in several different versions and sure enough that's what they meant.

Did anyone else know that? Lol

I find weird stuff interesting.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Quote from: MelodyB on July 03, 2015, 04:18:31 AM
I learned something new at Bible Study today...well I usually do, but this was interesting, morso than usual...

In Judges 3, when the guy kills the fat king and the dagger was closed around his fat, later when the servants found the door to his summer lounge area locked, they said "he must be covering his feet, we will wait"

I always assumed that meant that they thought he was napping...but apparently "covering his feet" means "using the restroom".

Never knew that. Pastor said it tonight and when I got home I read the passage in several different versions and sure enough that's what they meant.

Did anyone else know that? Lol

I find weird stuff interesting.

This reminds me of another story in the bible, Elijah and the prophets of Baal.  1 Kings 18:27:

King James Bible
And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.

New Living Translation
About noontime Elijah began mocking them. "You'll have to shout louder," he scoffed, "for surely he is a god! Perhaps he is daydreaming, or is relieving himself. Or maybe he is away on a trip, or is asleep and needs to be wakened!"

International Standard Version
Starting about noon, Elijah began to tease them: "Shout louder! "He's a god, so maybe he's busy. "Maybe he's relieving himself. "Maybe he's busy someplace. "Maybe he's taking a nap and somebody needs to wake him up."

GOD'S WORD® Translation
At noon Elijah started to make fun of them. "Shout louder, since he is a god. Maybe he's thinking, relieving himself, or traveling! Maybe he's sleeping, and you have to wake him!"

Jubilee Bible 2000
And it came to pass at noon that Elijah mocked them and said, Cry aloud, for he is a god; peradventure he is talking or he had to go to the latrine, or he is on a journey, or he sleeps and will awake.

I guess pursuing can be translated in various ways.

:ugly:

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

So apparently after my eating Mexican food, the term "Hot Pursuit" takes on a different, but accurate meaning. :ugly:

Welp- I slept in today, then went to a ham club meeting and helped oversee a test session, then enjoyed running around in the 'vette until it was time to got to the church and watch my friend get married. All in all, a good day. :thumbsup2:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Glad to see the American Flag all over social media today.
Covering up all these rainbows. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

So there's this guy I've been giving a ride to work. This morning I show up at his place again... wait a while again... knock on the door again... nobody home. AGAIN! Three hours later I get a text that he's having trouble with his new phone and his "I won't need a ride after all" text last night didn't go through.

While this isolated incident may have a perfectly reasonable explanation, this incident taken in context with all the others is pretty much the last straw. I am currently trying to decide whether I should tell him to take his transportation problems and his communication problems, roll them all into a singularity point and stuff them in a neutron star. It would leave him scrambling to find a way home tonight, and a way to and from work tomorrow, but I'm having trouble caring about that right now.

A bit callous? Yeah, it's not really like me. But I really am having a hard time finding a(nother) reason to care.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

It's hard when you're on the giving end all the time & folks take it for granted.
* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Isaac

Heather

Work was kind of ridiculous today. We only opened from 10-3. Every phone call I answered was 'Are you open today?". If I knew I wouldn't get in trouble I was about to reply with 'Nope. They paid me to come in just to answer the phone.'

Our friends having a cookout canceled due to the weather. Other friends are having a cookout too that we were invited to but there will be a LOT of drinking at that one so Brandon and I will be staying home in our jammies eating tacos  :cool:

Happy 4th.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on July 04, 2015, 08:53:42 PM
e staying home in our jammies eating tacos  :cool:

Happy 4th.

Sounds good to me. I love tacos. and my jammies. Considering it myself. Sans the tacos part. Been home most of the day as it is. Been a good day.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

*Lynx hugs Fuzzy for spelling his name right, which is a rarity.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Lou was off today and wanted to see the falls that I took Chey to a few weeks ago, so we packed a picnic lunch, loaded up Rusty and headed out. Had a ball, stopping at a little country store, then going down to the falls. It was packed this time, so we continued a few miles further down the dirt road, where we found a picnic spot on the creek bank downstream. All in all, we put over 200 miles on Rusty today. It was a perfect day with my wonderful family...

Heather

Well thanks to FB I saw that the couple who canceled cookout plans with us instead went out with other couples to the fireworks. Whatever  :roll:

We ended up having to go down the hill a bit to see the fireworks, but we could see them from the car so I still stayed in my jammies.

MelodyB

I planned a cookout and invited Mawmaw and Amanda. (A girl from church) Amanda showed up, we waited and waited and waited on Mawmaw...she didn't answer her text, so I called three times with no answer, I was getting worried cause she is sickly and has health problems and passes out or falls and such so I called a forth time and she finally answered and I said "Where you at? We are waiting on you" she said she was on the boat with her brother at the creek and when I asked if she was still coming she said no, so then I said "well were you gonna call and tell me you wasn't coming? We have been waiting on you before I cooked on the grill" and she said "no, I just decided not to come, I'm gonna eat withy brother!"

I was SOOO UPSET. Disappointed and just sad she wasn't even gonna call, and stood us up like that! Mom was dissappointed, and it's not like her to do that. Usually when she has plans she sticks to them and if something comes up, it's not like her to leave someone hanging!

Anyway, I had way too much food then so I called my friends Ann and Jimmy and begged them to come eat! They didn't want to impose, and Jimmy doesn't like socializing much, so they were gonna stay home, but they came over for a few hours and ate and we had a good time.

Then Amanda and I went to the beach at 3 and set up to wait for the fireworks. It rained. We sat in the rain for over an hour and waited it out. It was hilarious!! Then it cleared up about 7 and was perfect for the show at 9.

When I got home I was cold and wet and had sand everywhere, I scratched behind my ear and had sand back there...lol so I took a good long shower and went to bed.

It was a great day even with the disappointments.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I want pie.

I found out the local everything-costs-one-dollar store has Edward (tm) key lime pies for a dollar. So I bought a 24-pack case. This resulted in developing a habit of eating a slice of pie when I get home from work. All well and (burp) good... until I ran out of pie slices. So now I have a pie habit and no pie to support it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. Here it is 11:30, I've been at work since 630, and I'm STILL fighting sleep. :pray: Lord, I REALLY would make a good rich man...I promise. Try me and see. :lol: