News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

For Those That Wondered, Here's SHARING 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mini, June 16, 2015, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

We made it through the storms. A lot of downed trees and localized flooding.

Brandon was still holding out hope that AZ would call and of course they never did. He begrudgedly went to orientation at Wal-Mart Tuesday. He came home much happier than he left. He is 1 of 3 new people unloading truck and he gets along with them. Since he is in the back they are much more relaxed with dresscode. I think once he starts working he'll have a better attitude about it.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

I am carefully not going to ask which way you prayed Heather... but if I was a bettin' man I'd bet my paycheck you was a'prayin' AZ wouldn't call.   ;)

Glad it's working out for him.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Seth's update on FB was the first thing I read this morning.......  :(

I'm just upset with AZ because after 5 years of hardwork they didn't even respect him enough to call and tell him no. I applied for a work study job and the department I applied to [where I know nobody] was respectful enough to email me back saying they were not preceding with my application. But 5 years of service to them and nothing. They just strung him along and essentially forgot about him. They treat their employees terrible!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

kkay

Heather: Sorry about his situation but maybe WM will work out much better. Everything happens for a reason.

So sorry to hear about Seth's dad :( I haven't talked to him in years but I've been through that and it's rough, but it does get easier.

I keep obsessing over a situation and I need prayer and God's will. Talking to my friend about it last night helped a lot and I have a plan but I'm still stressed about how things will go and what will happen. I read a verse last night that helped a lot and I feel better today but it's going to be about another month before I can truly get things resolved.

Roscoe

So sorry for Seth. It's hard to lose a parent....
And in sharing, I am home. Will share more later.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Shew...okay. Uncle Ron and I struck out for the wilds of Route 66 in a black, un air-conditioned, 70 year old truck Wednesday morning. We left early, around 8 am, and the first 3 hours or so were quite pleasant.
Then we spent the next hour trying to locate the old highway, which was elusive thanks to road construction and a GPS that decided it was no longer relevant.
We found it though, and to make a long story short, we enjoyed  the cruise across Missouri, a little bit of Kansas, and invaded Miami, Oklahoma, as previously disclosed....
Ate at Waylon's Ku-ku Burger, a Route 66 icon, and really enjoyed it.
The next day, we enjoyed Route 66 through Oklahoma immensely...right up until we stopped in Catoosa to see the Big Blue Whale. That's when it got exciting for uncle Ron.
I looked up as we were preparing to leave and saw a gorgeous old car pulling in, but what was weird, was that there was a new convertible Mustang with camera men hanging off the back in front of it..
The car was a '35 Auburn Phaeton. I'd have killed for it. As soon as the driver got out and the cameramen followed them off, I rushed over to drool over the Auburn, and of course get Rusty's picture made with it.
After doing so, we turned to leave when the driver walked out sans camera crew and called to me, asking about rusty. He walked over to talk, and when he leaned his head in the window to look inside rusty, my uncle sounded like a giddy pre teen...."OMG! Mike from "American Pickers"! Can I please get a picture?!?" Mike and Danielle from the show were gracious enough to pose for pictures with us, which absolutely made my Uncle's trip, since he is a HUGE fan of the show. I thought it was cool too...but I still want his Auburn.:lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I can almost hear the conversation now...

"Hey Mike, sorry about that guy spazzing over there. Now let's talk about this car. How much would you... Uncle? Nah, he's not my uncle. He's just some guy I picked up on the side of the road. Wish he'd stop telling people he's my uncle, but I felt sorry for him. Now about this car, how much would you take for it?"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

LOL. I couldn't afford that Auburn if I made twice what I do now....:sadbounce:
Morning, all. Back at work.
Mowed the largest part of my yard yesterday, then I heard a noise....the new BadBoy has a broken pulley. I was majorly ticked. Called the dealership, it's still under warranty, so no harm no foul..but it'll be Friday before I can get it to them, which means my lawn will be knee high to a giraffe's neck. I blame Mini.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Morning, all. I survived...
See, yesterday, I was returning to work after my little vacation, blissfully sure that I could coast through the day. then go listen to the pastor preach. Then I get a text from Pastor saying that it had been REQUESTED that I preach tonight, so, no backing out. Oh Lawd...I had a half done bible study....I immediately smelled a rat since Sunlight's fb page had a single comment - ":reallyevilgrin:" :pound: :pound:
But, no time for worrying since I had to get something together. Went in to the church- we have prayer before the service with the lights down low. When the lights are turned on, I look out into the congregation and see Mini and Chellebelle! I nearly fell off  the platform. Sorry devils. Then, Sorry Devils #2 and #3, in the form of Sunlight and Burrito walked in...:pound:
After some worship, Mini came over and prayed with me- awesomeness that I needed....then Mini addressed the church and nearly took off preaching- I saw my ram in the bush there for a few, but the sorry rascal got his horns free and I had to preach anyway. :sadbounce:
Got a good response, and felt delivered, as well as grateful for friends like them. Truly if I never meet another GP'r, the friends I have made from here is worth every second I spend here.
Then Burrito and Sunlight came over and Burrito and I stayed up until 11-ish talking, which is why I shall be cranky and tired today. Not that it would've mattered, I'd have been cranky and tired if I'd went to bed at 8 o'clock- but at least I have someone to blame now.  :P

Lynx

Just keep the Dr. Pepper flowing and you'll be fine.

To mutilate... I mean paraphrase Star Wars: Feel the Dr. Pepper flowing through you!
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

And then today I borrowed his beloved blue bowl for my breakfast... :grin:

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on July 21, 2015, 03:33:04 AM
And then today I borrowed his beloved blue bowl for my breakfast... :grin:
:pound:
But nothing topped this morning... :pound: :pound: Fuzzy, you just about lost a daughter.
So here I am, up at 4:45 this morning, trying to be quiet and not disturb my guests, as Burrito and Sunlight are in the guest room and a little friend from church was sleeping on the couch. I get dressed,- without the gunbelt, which is good- tiptoe down the dark hall toward the kitchen- when suddenly somebody (:evilgrin:) grabs my right arm. I nearly had a heart attack. If I'd had my gunbelt on, I'd have lit up her life...or ended it. :lol:
Now I'm back at work. :sadbounce:

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Nelle

I am so jealous that you got to meet Mike!!! My husband and I really enjoy watching them find all that neat stuff, haha. So neat!!

kkay

Just popping in to recommend a good book..."Second Guessing God; hanging on when you can't see His plan". I haven't read it all yet but if you're having any struggles with daily life or anything in particular, it's helpful :)

If y'all could say a little prayer for me I'd appreciate it. I'm struggling with something I have to tell someone and I have to wait until next month to do it because of circumstances right now. It's been weighing heavy on my mind and heart. Thanks!