News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

For Those That Wondered, Here's SHARING 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mini, June 16, 2015, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 12, 2015, 11:03:06 AM
9am is early? Wow... I thought you had forgotten what my phone number was when you didn't call to say where we were eating breakfast until 9:30.  :P

Unfortunately cell phone signals don't work out your way. I'm gonna have to see if I still have your home phone. Let's see, when is your next day off? Is 5am good for a conversation?
Call away.  :P We don't have a home phone any more. And 9am is early only when you don't go to bed until after 4 am...
In sharing, I have made it back to work. Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 12, 2015, 11:30:51 AM
Quote from: Lynx on July 12, 2015, 11:03:06 AM
9am is early? Wow... I thought you had forgotten what my phone number was when you didn't call to say where we were eating breakfast until 9:30.  :P

Unfortunately cell phone signals don't work out your way. I'm gonna have to see if I still have your home phone. Let's see, when is your next day off? Is 5am good for a conversation?
Call away.  :P We don't have a home phone any more. And 9am is early only when you don't go to bed until after 4 am...
In sharing, I have made it back to work. Bah.
Yeah a lot of people are dropping the ole landline. Kinda makes our phone company nervous, which is why they've been pushing the internet/cable TV packages so hard.

We cut out all long distance calls out. Only reason we keep the landline at all is because everyone knows the number.

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Yeah, the only reason we had it, as anyone who has tried to call that number will attest, was for internet purposes....with the satellite internet, it's not needed.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

We put our landline on our cell plan & saved a lot of $ each month but still kept the # we've had for years and years. The only time I miss the landline is to send/receive faxes.

mini

Just so all of you know, Roscoe found out he's kinned to me.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

As the story goes, that's precisely why he's kinned to me.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Come to think of it, it may be precisely why I don't live in Arkansas.

:ugly:

Roscoe

Lol...We is not kinned- yet. I DID find that a many great grandmother of mine "had difficulties" with her husband in the 1600's and he abandoned her rear. She then afflicted herself upon some Porter dude......but that's as close as I've come to being kin to galoot... However-our families did live in the same area in the late 1800's, early 1900's, so there's always that horrible chance..

kkay

Wow, I've missed a lot! Hope you all had a good 4th. I'm SO glad I don't have any social media. I was looking at my mom's FB a couple weeks ago and all I saw was rainbows  :roll:

Went on vacation to NY where my brother lives now. SO much fun! We didn't get to NYC but that's ok. I'd rather go with someone who's able to walk around a lot more. Having a couple AARP members isn't so much fun when there's a lot of walking involved  :hypocrite:

Having problems with my BF but God'll work it out. Got some good advice from my mom and realized that every couple has their problems. Whenever I talk to her about relationships it makes me wonder how different things would be if she and my dad had stayed together. She talks about him a lot and sometimes compares him to her husband now (they've been together about 25 years). I guess I just get scared a lot because nothing is guaranteed and I don't know how things will work out in the future. I hate not being able to control everything :)

Heather

I got the email about renewing parking passes for next semester!!! Yes. I'm one of those weirdos who now LOVES school. We only have about 6 weeks left of summer!!

Not looking forward to the next 72 hours. We are under every kind of severe weather alert there is. 60-70 mph winds. Hail. Possible tornadoes. Brandon is kinda excited because now he doesn't live in a trailer. I however have to work and drive the tiniest car. She will be no match to 70 mph winds.  :smirk2:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

kkay

Godspeed, Heather! Little cars can make it too...most of the time :) Good luck! I think just about everyone has had bad weather :(

Roscoe

Shew, Lawd, I is tarred. Went to work and made it through the day...then rushed home and loaded up the lawn mower. Went and mowed the church yard since it was looking scraggly and I won't be here Friday to do it...then I came home, fixed the loose air dam on the 'vette, mowed my yard, and finished a couple of tiny projects on Rusty...All that in a heat index of 103.
Figures- we have a mild damp summer, with temps in the 80's, absolutely perfect, until I plan a 3-4 day jaunt across 3 to 5 states in a black truck without air conditioning. Then it's "pile on the coals, boys, they smokin' now"...who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? :laughhard:

The Purple Fuzzy

If it would melt off where you wanted melted, it might not be so bad. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 13, 2015, 11:59:54 PM
If it would melt off where you wanted melted, it might not be so bad. ;)
:laughhard: Yeah, but it don't. Therefore, I'm consoling myself with a scripture (Poetic license taken in regards to context) Leviticus 3:16 "(b)    ....... all the fat is the LORD'S." And by that measurement, I can almost convert to "once saved always saved" cause it ain't leaving... :smirk2:

Heather

We have survived the first storms. More to come tomorrow. Oh boy.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Successfully through the week.....leaving in the morning. Intend to take tons of pics. Intend to torment Mini sporadically via text. Intend to enjoy myself in spite of the high temps....

kkay

Have fun on your trip, Roscoe!

Heather: Hope you and yours made it through all those storms! It only rained here, so I guess we should be thankful.

Why is it that when you know you're going to start a diet soon you eat like there's no tomorrow? lol I'm starting another "round" of a protocol I've done quite a few times (and lost/kept it off successfully 'til now) and I just feel like eating ALL. THE. TIME. Oh well.

If you all could, please pray for my BF and I. We're going through some things right now and he really wants a successful job. There are some obstacles but I know God'll be with us. Thanks!

Lynx

Yo Bob, I found your nephews.

http://www.gocomics.com/dudedude/2015/07/14

That last panel was what clued me in. Sounds like you and Mini about to hit a Golden Corral or Ryan's. "And you're sure they've never heard of us?" "Nope. We got one shot, let's make it count."
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 15, 2015, 01:06:39 PM
Yo Bob, I found your nephews.

http://www.gocomics.com/dudedude/2015/07/14

That last panel was what clued me in. Sounds like you and Mini about to hit a Golden Corral or Ryan's. "And you're sure they've never heard of us?" "Nope. We got one shot, let's make it count."
:laughhard: Love it...
We've made it as far as Miami, Oklahoma. Loving it...it's absolutely a history nut's dream to tool down 66. But- I was never so glad to see a hotel with air conditioning in my life. I've drank a gallon and half of water- and that doesn't count the four or five Dr. Peppers. Took nearly 200 pictures in the roughly 325 miles we've driven today.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Mo4xdamomma or something.  We all called her sabra.

Lynx

Wait... Miami, Oklahoma? Did you go east or north? Or did Oklahoma copy Florida?
"Do you sing at church?"

mini