For Those That Wondered, Here's SHARING 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mini, June 16, 2015, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Sleepy seems to be the common lot today. I even read a comic this morning where a pastor jumped out of bed, dashed out the door, grabbed his sermon notes on the way out, got to church, apologized for being late... and everyone in the pews was asleep. He commented that being a preacher is so much easier when the 4th falls on a week day. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I've been tired today too.

We are currently under a flash flood watch and parts of downtown have already flooded.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Definitely sleepy here. Church was intense and drained me to the max. Trying to stay awake until 9 though. If I went to bed now I'd be up around 2am and every so often after that until my alarm would go off. And id still oversleep. Haha.

School terms over. Yay. Giving me a 90 in the history class I think.  Still coming out with a high C in the anatomy class though. Ugh. She graded hard.

Next term starts July 13. Graphics and Layout Print & Heart of Mathmatics up next.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

We had some amazing and powerful church today! After that long day yesterday and getting up early an the tiring day at church, mom and I went out for lunch, then AS SOON as I walked in the door I got my PJs on and took a nap. I fell asleep immediately and woke up at 5:30. The way it was dark and raining, I thought sure it was Monday 5:30am, and I was so confused. Mom was trying to hold a conversation and I was wondering why she was up and alert so early. It was awhile before my mind cleared and I realized it was still Sunday. Lol

I crashed hard apparently.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Sounds like something my great-grandmother once pulled. She took a nap, woke up and thought it was the next morning, so she went out squirrel hunting. Family came looking for her because it was getting on toward nightfall and nobody knew where she was. She got mad at them for tramping through the woods and scaring the squirrels away.  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Got the new camera in today to replace the old Samsung that died....hopefully it'll capture some good pics of Rusty on Route 66...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

This has been the 2nd time in 3 weeks we have set off the smoke alarm in our apartment. We have a wonky eye on our stove that will just start smoking when you put anything on it. We've tried to clean it and it just doesn't matter. So we have to air our the apartment then wait for security to show up and tell them it's the same ole thing. Sheesh.

My mom had initially told me she was going on vacation in September and probably just taking my sister. [my family is so weird] But now she has decided to invite everyone [for now...].

Also Brandon put in his notice at AZ!!!!  :cool:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 06, 2015, 11:10:21 PM
Got the new camera in today to replace the old Samsung that died....hopefully it'll capture some good pics of Rusty on Route 66...
I would ask "why not just use the camera on your phone?" but Chel would probably whack me over the head with a tripod.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 07, 2015, 12:34:03 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 06, 2015, 11:10:21 PM
I would ask "why not just use the camera on your phone?" but Chel would probably whack me over the head with a tripod.  :P
The one in the phone isn't as good as this one. Seems like it's not high enough resolution when the pics are enlarged.  I'm planning on taking  a ton of pics and using mypublisher.com....I think that's right -  to make a book for my uncle's Christmas gift .So I don't  want grainy photos.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 07, 2015, 06:47:19 PM
I know. I was being facetious.
:pound: We'uns don't like big words like that'un.  :pound:
Made it through one more day. Rushed home so I could mow the yard before rain that was forecast hit, but alas, before I could get out of my uniform, the bottom fell out. No mow today. :smirk2:

Heather

I'm thankful for maintenance that has to get out there and mow  :cool:

Brandon and I are supposed to have a 'talk' when he gets home. Once his DM found out he put in his notice at AZ they are offering him a transfer [that was supposed to be happening now for 3 months], a promotion [also 3 months], and a raise. After my 2 experiences working for them and their abuse of him for the past 5 years, I don't trust them. If he backs out of Wal-Mart at this point he won't be 'rehirable' ever in their system. I guess we will see what happens.....

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work, but at least it is my Friday. Now- enjoy weekend, get some things done in prep for the trip, and survive the 3 days of work next week- then the roadtrip I've wanted to take for a while. I'm gonna enjoy it!

Heather

It's my day off. Have plans with a friend later but she is notorious for canceling so we'll see if our plans work out.

Brandon took his demands for staying to his DM yesterday. She is supposed to let him know today.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel stopped by last night. She was so tired. I hope she slows down enough to live a fairly normal life soon.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 09, 2015, 11:55:48 AM
:hi: Back at work, but at least it is my Friday. Now- enjoy weekend, get some things done in prep for the trip, and survive the 3 days of work next week- then the roadtrip I've wanted to take for a while. I'm gonna enjoy it!
Road trip?

*Lynx lifts his head from his paws and looks around.

Which direction?
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Brandon still hasn't heard from either job. Is there a 'smiley' for completely stressed out?

Roscoe

Yes. :pullhair:
Went to town, picked up some groceries, got Rusty's oil changed, and just generally done some odds and ends that needed done. Then I got a call from the guy I'd had restore the old 1946 Arkansas license plate- he had it done. It  came out looking like new. Too good, in fact, to put on my rusty ole dirt road runnin' truck.
Came home and grilled out tonight. Not a lot I have to do this weekend. :clap:

Heather

Wal-Mart called this morning!!!!!  :hyper: :hyper: So now even if AZ keeps dragging their feet, Brandon goes for orientation on Tuesday. Thank You Jesus!!!! I don't think I could have went all weekend without knowing anything. Now though I have to put up with Brandon having 5 days off in a row. He doesn't do good with one day off so we'll see if he paces a path in the floor.

Roscoe

:hi: And in sharing-ancestory.com is of the devil. Especially if you are a history buff. For some reason last night, I decided to see what I could find out about my family. About 9 oclock, after everyone was in bed, I googled my great grandfather's name, which led me to them. They suckered me in with tantalizing tidbits, and a free trial. At 4 oclock this morning I knew that I had family on both sides of the Civil war, traced my dad's family all the way back to the early 1600's in Germany- jewish origin too, which was no shock- and traced my dad's grandmother's side all the way back to England in the 1300's where the trail ran cold after a couple of knights and "Lady"'s. :o
Then I ran over and began tracing Mama's side, which led me to dutch ancestory in the 1500's. This stuff is amazing. Most of my family tree had been traced by a distant cousin the old fashioned way, back to the 1700's, years ago, and what they found on ancestory,com lines up perfectly...
Now I'm hooked. I want to know more. And because I had Chey today, I didn't get to sleep in past 9 am...so I'm going to bed early.

Lynx

9am is early? Wow... I thought you had forgotten what my phone number was when you didn't call to say where we were eating breakfast until 9:30.  :P

Unfortunately cell phone signals don't work out your way. I'm gonna have to see if I still have your home phone. Let's see, when is your next day off? Is 5am good for a conversation?
"Do you sing at church?"