Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

;) Just getting this one ready. It's been a while since I started a thread.

Lynx

I dunno... when I tell people things they usually run away screaming.

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

*Hugs* Mel. I was thinking about you today. I'm so sorry you're hurting.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Urgh. Good Lord, it is morning. Thank God for Dr Pepper... Kinda dreary day forecast. In fact this entire week is said to be soggy. We shall see...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 06, 2015, 01:45:17 AM
For once I have nothing to tell...:lol:
Multiple jokes I could make on that one, but I'll let it pass.

In local news I just got four dozen more eggs... these homemade pickled eggs are so good I've been eating way too many of them. Gonna have to make a new batch.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Dad had three dozen eggs in the fridge and so I'm making pickled eggs to send home with a cousin after the funeral. It was kinda a joke in our family cause Dad ALWAYS sent pickled eggs home with them when they visited...this time will be no different. I have to use up these eggs somehow and this is the best way I can see. It will be a great way to honor his memory.

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Mel

I'm at work.  Yesterday was cool enough that I needed to turn on the heat for a bit but today's supposed to be in the mid 80s. :smirk2:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 06, 2015, 04:20:51 PM

I'm at work.  Yesterday was cool enough that I needed to turn on the heat for a bit but today's supposed to be in the mid 80s. :smirk2:

Same here. Back to the 80's all week.

:hug: melbs
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

How in the world do you pickle an egg? I've never heard of such a thing....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on April 06, 2015, 07:04:54 PM
Makes me think of those jars of eggs in what looks like pickle juice - sitting on a counter of an old country convenience store, or a county fair.

* MsJennJenn pukes
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Well there are several ways, all depending on your taste preference. If you want the eggs to have a strong pickle taste, then you can simply add peeled boiled eggs to an empty pickle jar with the juice still in it. But my dad's recipe is a bit different.

Boil and peel eggs. Get a big jar, we use a gallon glass jar, and mix about a 1/3 a gallon of Apple cider vinegar and some sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste...about a cup a a half sugar...then add a can of beets with the juice. Add the peeled eggs, seal it up and leave on the counter for at least a week before eating.

That's our favorite recipe.

Heather

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 06, 2015, 07:57:58 PM
Makes me think of those jars of eggs in what looks like pickle juice - sitting on a counter of an old country convenience store, or a county fair.

* MsJennJenn pukes

I'm with Jenn. I HATE pickles. Just give me the hard boiled eggs please and thank you!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on April 06, 2015, 08:04:45 PM
Well there are several ways, all depending on your taste preference. If you want the eggs to have a strong pickle taste, then you can simply add peeled boiled eggs to an empty pickle jar with the juice still in it. But my dad's recipe is a bit different.

Boil and peel eggs. Get a big jar, we use a gallon glass jar, and mix about a 1/3 a gallon of Apple cider vinegar and some sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste...about a cup a a half sugar...then add a can of beets with the juice. Add the peeled eggs, seal it up and leave on the counter for at least a week before eating.

That's our favorite recipe.
I suspect I shall try this next time we have an egg surplus...which is frequently due to me buying fresh eggs every chance I get, forgetting that I have a dozen or two in the fridge already.  :biglaugh: I don't think we will ever run out of bread or eggs- for some reason if I go in a grocery store, I pick up a loaf of bread. It's a Pavlovian reflex, I guess... :laughhard:
Today at work was somewhat quieter due to session being over- thank God.

SippinTea

I adore dill pickles. And I think your idea is a grand one, Mel. :) Sending you hugs.

:beret:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on April 06, 2015, 09:41:24 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 06, 2015, 07:57:58 PM

* MsJennJenn pukes

I'm with Jenn. I HATE pickles. Just give me the hard boiled eggs please and thank you!
No no. I lovvvveeee pickles. Pickled eggs no no no.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Ashlee

So I'm up late attempting to work on school work.  Tried to take my test for the human anatomy class and..well I got to the second question and gave up. lol  Thankfully I can take it unlimited amount of times.  My head is spinning with info on cholesterol, dna, rna, thryroid...blah

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Roscoe

Been a long day. Finally got in from work. I had to go by the tool and Equipment store to purchase a decent string trimmer.  (Weed eater). Every year I buy either a used one or a cheap Weed eater brand at Wal-Mart, and every year they give me fits. Last year, you will recall, I got so disgusted with the lawn mower that I went and bought a new Bad Boy.
After attempting to tidy up the church yard for Easter before going to Mini's last week, and discovering the Weed eater nonfunctioning again, I was ticked. Bro Wilson brought his Stihl trimmer up, and I used it to finish the job. He said his was several years old, and he'd had zero problems, although it was about 4 times the price of the Weed eater brand.
I went and bought one today. I sure didn't need to spend that chunk of change, but- the last two cheapies didn't even last one season, and I'm tired of it. Now I have the tools to keep my lawn and the church lawn decent.

The Purple Fuzzy

We've had our Stihl for years. Clarence said probably since 1990.  He's refurbished it some but it still works great.

Ashlee

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 07, 2015, 12:48:27 AM
I suspect I shall try this next time we have an egg surplus...which is frequently due to me buying fresh eggs every chance I get, forgetting that I have a dozen or two in the fridge already.  :biglaugh: I don't think we will ever run out of bread or eggs- for some reason if I go in a grocery store, I pick up a loaf of bread. It's a Pavlovian reflex, I guess... :laughhard:
Today at work was somewhat quieter due to session being over- thank God.
I didn't have a recipe, I just tossed stuff together. White vinegar, water, salt, garlic, dill, cayenne, just a pinch of basil, onion.

To any potential troublemakers in AR, now is the best time to cause trouble at the state capitol. They'll never see it coming.  :freaky2:

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 08, 2015, 02:49:30 AM
We've had our Stihl for years. Clarence said probably since 1990.  He's refurbished it some but it still works great.
So you have your Stihl there still?
"Do you sing at church?"