What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

^ Been there, done that...Lol.
Back at work.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Melody

Taco, I'm not defending him at ALL.

But in such subjects I have found people judge past generations based on current understanding and revelation.  Everything the American forefathers understood was out of an experience of what the chuch of England had established.  It's like people who disdain churches with standards because they came out of a legalistic tic and truly spiritually abusive church. Their statements are so far off but they are based on a narrow experience.

When I consider how the dark ages led most of the world to a place of no revelation and look through history as Christianity progressed, I have such grace for the founders of those who brought revival to Europe but also Azuza street and the founders of our organizations that had some things wrong by OH how far they'd come!  We have not arrived yet, there is still growth for us and the church and our views are based on our history and our current state.

I can't help but wonder if Jefferson criticized the only God he was taught, the God of the Church of England and it's disgusting corruption. It's hard to see Christ and the church in the right light when all around there is hypocrisy, not just flawed humanity but purposeful dishonesty.

And I then wonder the the response from who he was writing?  Was he still being discipled?  Haven't you taught Bible studies to hose who are basically upset with the limited knowledge they have skewed through their experiences?  They are mad at God and scoff at the church but oh when they are taught and see what the church IS and that it can be, they are sold out. Some push the envelope and ask hard questions and because they want to see if it can be explained IF God really is that.

That may not be T. Jefferson but that is what went through my mind at your very first post.  Did he mean it in the context it's seen NOW? 

We are blessed to be on the otherside of that trench.

Newsman

Chseeads

Roscoe

:hi:
Made it through the day. Absolutly beautiful here, around 75 degrees. Wish I could've had the entire day off. :smirk: Came in and put up another section of the tower of Babble- darn you Cheesehead for sticking that name on it- making it 24 feet high. The remaining 29 feet will have to wait on the professionals, but it is coming along....:lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kmymbir

Okay... I'm just going to put this out there... Some will accept it, some will not....
Brent and I started a little side business, and we are really excited about it!
Our goal is to help our family and friends, and we know we can do that through this company if they are willing...
(about to have a real moment and be blunt)
Due to misconceptions about what it is and how it works, I will not explain it on here, it's easier if you see for yourself!...  I will just say that if anyone here is interested in seeing what it is I have a conference call you can join!
The first one is tonight at 8:00 At current it is 7:15 my time..
It will only take 20 minutes, and its free just to be curious and listen...
Feel free to call or text me~!~ 601-530-2775.
(for any crazy people who will use my number to search me out and come to my house... Please bring your own pillows, I don't have extras LOL)
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Chseeads

If you're selling pot, MY will buy some.  As long as it's organic and non GMO.

:smirk2:

:hypocrite:

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on March 11, 2014, 10:58:03 PM
Came in and put up another section of the tower of Babble- darn you Cheesehead for sticking that name on it- making it 24 feet high. The remaining 29 feet will have to wait on the professionals, but it is coming along....:lol:

I'm pleased.  :hypocrite:

Heather

So my 4 hours of training turned into a little over an hour of training then being handed the keys to company car and saying 'go deliver these parts'. lol. So I think it went well.....

Brandon and I headed over to see my Papaw and his common law 'wife'. Upon our arrival at their house, she looks at me, gets all excited, reaches for my stomach and asks me when our baby is due... :roll: Sorry lady, that's just my flab you're holding onto. As if I don't have enough self esteem issues.....

Last day at the animal hospital tomorrow. Here's to hoping I won't be urinated on or mauled by a wild cat!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

taco_harvell

How did I get roped into making arts and crafts and going to sell them at Women's retreat?

The things I do for the church!

Anyone interested in buying some church pews? I'll make you a deal!

Praise God we're finally switching to chairs!

We also have a Yamaha electric organ for $150 that works.

Anyone know anything about taking a vinyl wrap off a church van? We have a heat gun I just have to figure the rest of the process out now.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 12, 2014, 10:38:10 AM
A Yamaha for $150?  No catch?
Not yet, but you have to pick iy up and tote it down stairs.

http://inbythroughhim.blogspot.com/2014/02/what-is-in-basket.html

If you need a little inspiration today read that! Great blog I've been following the last few months.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 12, 2014, 02:38:37 PM
:yawn:

* Chseeads throws grape in gaping yapper. 

Long day.  I'm over it all.   

Sigh.

Melody

Anyone join the conf. call?  I had to go work. I'm curious.

I will fall over laughing if it really were a medicinal marijuana pharmacy. LOL

Heather

My part in animal welfare for payment is done! HOORRAAYYY!!!!!! And due to my new schedule I will actually get to go to ladies conference!! I'll have to come back Friday night but I'll only miss the Saturday morning session. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!  :hyper: :hyper:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

kmymbir

No one joined.. I will say it's all organic LOL... I do recall something about thyme... but not marijuana, hmmm maybe I should do some further digging...
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

kmymbir

Brent and I were talking last night, and he said I don't need to be shady, if we are going to do a business we need to do it built on our beliefs (even as a family)
...So...honesty, trust, loyalty, courteousness, kindness... and his personal favorite saying : Do unto others"
MY, I would hate to be in suspense if I were on your side, have you heard of Melaleuca?
I'm selling memberships so people can buy it..
kind of like memberships at Costco or Sam's Club, except you have a chance of making a prophet if you really want to..
The next question?
How much is membership?? It is $1.00 until Saturday, and If I get 10 people to join, I will make $1,000.00 on April first...
All my friends get the same opportunity...
*Yes there is more.... But I promise it's all good...*

I'm about to lock my husband in the closet...
~He is now opening the floor for questions~
(Insert any random smiley with a weird expression here)

Lynx

Is this another of those pyramid schemes? 

What is Melaleuca, and why did you join it?  Aside from selling memberships to other people, what is the benefit to me in joining?
"Do you sing at church?"