News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Lynx

I'll sit in support of almost any alternative to turnips.  The only thing worse than turnips is boiled okra.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I shall stand with Cheese and Taco....but sit with Isaac on the boiled okra.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I listened to Tasha Cobbs last cd on repeat for about 3 weeks in my car. So good! Have also been in service and met Eddie James twice. He's awesome. What his ministry does for young people is awesome.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Newsman

Abandon turnips and boiled okra1 Try some fried squirrel ... mmm ... nummy!  :fork:

John  :waving:

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 25, 2014, 02:40:58 AM
How do cook them?

1) Wash turnips thoroughly.
2) Get large pot.
3) Open every window in the house and pray for a stiff breeze.
4) Peel turnips and cut in chunks.
5) Put turnips in large pot with water and liberal scoop of butter.
6) Cook until soft.
7) Ignore phone calls, sirens, and swat team. Neighbors will swear you killed something. HAZMAT team should arrive shortly.
8) Scoop liberal portion of turnips in bowl. Add salt and butter to taste.
9) Take bowl to trash can, dump contents in trash.
10) Repeat with pot you cooked turnips in, but throw away pot also. You probably ruined it.
11) Disinfect house with fire to rid it of smell. In other words burn it to the ground. Do not take belongings, they are contaminated too.
12) Move to different city, state, or country. Never mention you cooked turnips. Ever.

Cooking turnips is simple 12 step program.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Thank you mini for starting my day off with a good laugh. 

Although that's about the size of it.  I don't think God ever intended turnips themselves to be eaten.  Turnip greens, however, are good.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 25, 2014, 02:21:51 AM
I don't think I've had turnips.

Every other weed and seed and piece of brush on the planet, and you've not had a turnip? 

Well lands sakes.  :smirk2:

Chseeads

You can boil them, or fry them like taters.

You can peel and eat them raw for that matter, too.

Roscoe

I always perferred them boiled. And I like the greens too. John's fried squirrel wouldn't be bad either. :fork:
And in sharing- Back at work. Gonna spend a goodly portion of the day driving and at the range with a potential new hire..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Sounds like a lot of work, mini.  Not sure it's worth it.  :biglaugh:

Did you know dandelions are not American native?  I think I read somewhere that it was a staple for pilgrims. That just about everyone brought some over.  I've had dandelion flowers sautéed in butter and the leaves in "spring mix" at the store. Dandelion coffee is expensive so I made my own once. Just another tea really. 

What makes one weed cultivated over another?  Just culture really.

There's some unique things I've tried I guess but plenty of things I haven't yet. I can't recall anyone I know ever talking about eating turnips. I don't think I've come across a recipe with turnips?  Lol 

Wouldn't it be funny if in 25yrs nobody sells or eats them and people spray their fields to kill them because they're a hardy weed?  Hehehe

Lynx

I don't know about turnips but in this region dandelions are already considered a weed, and sprayed, and killed... I never have understood why. I think they are beautiful.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I have a job interview this afternoon at 4 for an AutoZone here in Johnson City. It will be a pay cut but it'll also be more hours per week and less gas mileage. So in essence I'll have more money. lol.

sunlight

Quote from: Chseeads on February 23, 2014, 08:05:42 PM
Quote from: Newsman on February 23, 2014, 01:38:24 PM
Please remember me in prayer, if you would. I got badly  dehydrated Friday, and but for the grace of God would have collapsed at a ball game over 125 miles from home. I also have a heel injury that got worse in the past couple of days. I need to take a week or more off and find some place to stay off it and rest .

Drink 2 liters of water instead of 2 liters of pop and get some rest, sir.  :nono: 

I blessed you for this... But when I did I thought you were replying to roscoe... Lol.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

Interview went really well. I pretty much have the job as long as the district manager ok's for me to be rehired.

Roscoe

Tired.
Irritable.
Ill.
All descriptions that describe me this evening. Work issues, headache, no doubt stress related, and in need of the Master's touch, both physically and spiritually. In short- one of THOSE days. :smirk:

Melody

Big beautiful fluffy stupid snowflakes. 7 more inches by Sunday. :\

Found an awesome healthy easy chocolate bar recipe. 20+ people tried it tonight and got rave reviews.   

I need to learn better grammar so that I dont feel the need to use so many adjectives.

Roscoe

:hi: Another day. Lord, I hate feeling like Eeyore or Seth. :lol: I am SO glad I am nearing my weekend..

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Sorry some of you GPer's are not feeling up to par.  :-(. Prayers on your behalf.

Why do we say "behalf?"  Shouldn't it be "bewhole?" Or "befull."  LOL

OH last Sunday, a lady in our church was healed. From the time of prayer and the next morning, her walnut sized tumor disappeared.  Glory to God!