News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

I've been to both Texas (duh) and California. And given the chance I'd move to California in a heartbeat.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Please say a prayer for my parents. My mothers real dad had a stroke.
They were going down to Tulsa tomorrow, but the hospital called and told her she better come now.

Really worried about my Mom. With all the health and stuff she's had going on.
Feeling helpless.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

It's hard watching someone you love go through trials.

* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Jenn

Lynx

Currently I am thoroughly disgusted with the human race in general and certain people in particular. If I hear "that's not my job" or "I don't get paid for that" or some variant thereof one more time, I'm going to start throwing things. I have already told one man to his face, "I don't understand that kind of work ethic, & I hope I never do understand it."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Mom's Dad just passed. Please keep her in your prayers.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Heather

Prayers for your family Jenn. ::HUG::

Put in my notice at the animal hospital. My last day is March 12. I'll go to ladies conference the 13-15. I'll start my new job the 16 or 17. No more getting urinated on my nervous dogs. No more picking up maggoty skin cats. No more step-brats. No more wrestling 130 pound German Shepherds. No more Mr Oliver [pervy old man who likes to tell me about his sponge baths.] What a glorious day the 12th will be!!!!!

[on a side note I will still be petsitting for the clients I have picked up through the animal hospital. I spoke to most of them today and they want to keep me on call.  :cool:]
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Back to being Autopartsgirl. 

Sorry to hear of your family's loss, Fairy Cakes.

Chseeads

http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/indiana-news/police-investigating-possible-homicide-in-bedford-ind/24732608

A guy that lived nearby was robbed and killed in his home last night.  I didn't personally know him, just knew of him.  My mom's cousin's husband helped him do work and stuff, he lived on their road. 

Heather

Quote from: Chseeads on March 01, 2014, 01:25:14 AM
Back to being Autopartsgirl. 

Yep. But instead of driving the large creepy white van I'll be driving the small blue Nissan Versa.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Sorry to hear of Jenn's family's loss. Praying. Glad to hear of Autoparts girl becoming Autoparts girl again.:-p
I got off my butt and got the ham radio put in the Stinkin' Lincoln, aka Pearl, per Chey..
And I got a letter that would've given your average male my age a heart attack today. Nearly gave me one, too, even though I knew it had ZERO possibility of being true. Apparently, your wild, youthful indiscretions can come back to haunt you years later....
See, finding a letter with your name and address on it, with the sender being the state Child Support Office, is guarenteed to cause the heart to race..I tore the letter open to find them advising me that it appeared that I was the father of not one, but TWO kids and was behind in child support.  :o After nearly choking to death on my Dr. Pepper, I discovered it was addressed to a Robert S Moses, NOT Robert L Moses.
I called the agency to tell them of their mistake, and told the lady that I spoke with that 1) the only child I have was busily destroying her bedroom at that moment, 2) that my wife is the only woman ever in my life and 3) I would not have had the bad taste to saddle two innocent children with the names "Ruca" and "Magdalena".
I then informed her that if my wife had gotten the mail before I did, she'd not have noticed the wrong middle initial, and I would be deceased by now.  :sadbounce:    The lady apologized,which would not have resurrected me, I am sure. They were supposed to call me back, but never did.
In the mean time, Germ and Taco have been having quite the good time harassing me about it, and my pastor didn't even take my side. :sadbounce:

Apparently, some believe that I *might* have been a wild child in the past....Nope. Never was THAT wild... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Were there pictures of the children? 

Did they look extremely short and elvish? 

We may need a DNA test....

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on March 01, 2014, 04:56:53 AM
Were there pictures of the children? 

Did they look extremely short and elvish? 

We may need a DNA test....
:pound: :pound: :fire:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

BOL!  So many things I could say about that.  But they'd all be low blows.  Even if you'd had indescretions, I'd think we'd understand all those gold diggers after you, Roscoe.  I'm sure it gets old being mistaken for a leprechaun.

Happy Saturday to you all!  :P

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 01, 2014, 01:39:24 PM
BOL!  So many things I could say about that.  But they'd all be low blows.  Even if you'd had indescretions, I'd think we'd understand all those gold diggers after you, Roscoe.  I'm sure it gets old being mistaken for a leprechaun.

Happy Saturday to you all!  :P
:pound:
Everybody's  after me charms..... :sadbounce:
And I am fixing to go enjoy the day at a ham radio swap meet, where I shall spend a little cash....not much, since Lou has pretty much halted that, but a little. :hi:

Chseeads

MelodyB

Maury! Maury! Maury! :demand:

Hello all! Im alive and well.

To get in on the turnip conversation...I love turnip greens...and I like the root, but only chopped small and cooked with the greens. I love collard greens too, but mustards, not so much. And boiled okra is amazing! I love okra any way you cook it. Im a true southern gal.

Sooo. Mom is fine at the moment. She wants to move to Panama city in a home, and we are trying to get her there. Red tape and medical stuff about financial support and changing states and yadda yadda...we are working on it. Dad wants to go too, but we are not encouraging that. Although if he moves in the home with her, he wont be abusing her and as a plus he will also get proper care. He is repentant now, and mom says that he acts like he doesn't remember doing any of the things he did. Like hes blocked it out or something.  :roll:

Everything is good with me. Just spent last weekend in Panama city and had a lovely time. I am still flying off that...and since I got back, my manager has had me working non stop every day! I gave up two of my off days to go to work. I am exhausted and so tired, but my check will look great next wednesday!

In other work news, the store sold. The whole store. Winn Dixie bought three of our stores in the area cause they were out-selling the WD stores nearby, so they just bought us out. What does that mean? It means that my brother and I wont have a job come May 3rd. But WD has offered all part time people a position at the WD stores. Im not sure what Im going to do yet, and John already secured himself a job elsewhere. Im not worried though...Ill be fine. God gave me this job, He can give me another.

Today Im off. So far I slept in till 9:30, talked on the phone, caught up on GP and FB, and now Im about to get a shower, eat lunch, and then Kendall, Aaron and I might go fishin!

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on March 01, 2014, 05:10:37 PM

and now Im about to ...eat lunch, and then Kendall......

What is a Kendall and how do you eat it?

MelodyB

In this case, Kendall is my cousin, one of the four cousins that I currently live with, and we are going fishing...after we eat. lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Found a local produce co-op. Finally remembered (and had the money) to sign up for it Monday.
Picked it up today. 6 fruits - 6 vegetables is what you are supposed to get.

I got:
Strawberries (that are huge), baby tomatoes, mandarin oranges, grapefruit, cabbage, lettuce, jicama, asparagus, broccoli, peppers, bananas, & english cucumbers (which are seedless I hear?).

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

I love it too - and it's rarely less then $4.99 a bunch. Those three bunches alone were worth the whole batch!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

What I made with the first bunch of asparagus tonight.

Asparagus pasta with pan fried garlic and lemon. It's delicious!! Should have thrown in some shrimp.

Recipe via my Pinterest: http://www.thecookingphotographer.com/2009/03/asparagus-pasta-with-pan-fried-garlic.html
-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell

Quote from: HeatherB on March 01, 2014, 01:04:01 AM
Prayers for your family Jenn. ::HUG::

Put in my notice at the animal hospital. My last day is March 12. I'll go to ladies conference the 13-15. I'll start my new job the 16 or 17. No more getting urinated on my nervous dogs. No more picking up maggoty skin cats. No more step-brats. No more wrestling 130 pound German Shepherds. No more Mr Oliver [pervy old man who likes to tell me about his sponge baths.] What a glorious day the 12th will be!!!!!

[on a side note I will still be petsitting for the clients I have picked up through the animal hospital. I spoke to most of them today and they want to keep me on call.  :cool:]
East Coast Women's Conference?
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/