News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Morning. It's my Friday.  And in sharing. ...I am truly humbled.  Word has gotten out about me seeking the local job.  I have had the head over the entire university system promise to speak for me, several high profile people offering to help as well, some going higher in government than I dreamed.  I am awed and humbled.  Even if it isn't God's will and I don't get the job, it has shown me how much favor I have found here.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

God's timing; I was suppose to get blood work tomorrow but couldn't get a ride then so I went today. The lady who works in the lab asked me last time where I went to church and I told her. She begin to tell me she attends a Pentecostal Holiness church that is breaking her heart because in her words "we're barely pentecostal and ain't been holiness in 20 years".

I didn't criticize her church just told her our church is still very much both. I told her I'd bring a card and info next time I came in. Well, I took it today and she told me she was glad I came today because she is going to be off for 2 months after today for knee replacement surgery. Please pray I can somehow continue to build a friendship with this lady and reach her. She was so thankful for the invitation.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

They told me it might be good to journal or start a blog. So against my better judgement I did.

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/2013/12/preached-to-myself-some-today.html?spref=fb

That's the link if anyones interested.

Melody

Lots of people stating how much of the Bible they believe, today.  They draw their own lines.

Christians don't have to point out anything about folks' error. They declare themselves how much value they put in what God has said.

Surely the day is nearly here when there wil be no grey area, no lukewarm Christians?  People will either stand for truth or stand with the masses of antiChrists. As if it matters that they don't fully agree with atheists or devil worshippers. All that matters is that they're not sold out. We stand with God's Word or we don't.

Roscoe

Evening, all. Been a good one. I got my Resume and Cover letter complete for the job I'm praying over- gonna drop it off tomorrow. I came in and messed around on the ham radio for a bit, contacting two new countries. Antartica, and Finland. The Finland station was the "Official Santa Claus Ham Station"...Pretty cool.:lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Well the play was last Sunday, so we don't have practices almost every day this week... now we're in the kitchen a lot.  Our church caters holiday dinners to raise money for Christmas for Christ offering, and apparently we're catering to almost everyone in three towns.  Fortunately we have chicken and dressing down to a science.  We can make it in batches large enough to feed more than 200.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Ms Gregory asked me today to housesit this weekend as well.

Brandon brought me more of my clothes from the house. Between the stink of the house and the cigarette smoke...YUCK!! I hope I did not smell like either or both. Thankful I can bring all things here and wash them!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Backseat Radio

Not looking foward to a bunch of rain over the weekend

MelodyB

I saw my pastor on the floor dead this afternoon. Paramedics got him breathing again. He is in ICU now. Prayers needed. He is still unconscious and we don't know how much brain and organ damage he has sustained.

Thanks.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

Roscoe

Roscoe

Where's everyone at today?!? Lord, ALL DAY without a post? :pound:
I dropped off my application after praying over it, drove Rusty to the new donut store and tried it out, picked up a few items at Madhouse,aka Walmart, then came home. While home, I made a new recipe- buttermilk pie- which turned out yummy, but very sweet. Think the next time, I'll cut back on the sugar. Oh, and I made a huge pot of vegetable beef soup, putting nearly everything I could find in the kitchen except the sink plus two pounds of hamburger meat in it...
Now I'm relaxing. They are saying we will get some stormy weather tonight and tomorrow with tornadoes possible...That's supposed to be a spring issue, not winter. Lord.

Melody

We are out Christmas shopping. We are almost to Barnes & noble. Gifts are NOT. My love language.  Lol

Backseat Radio

I worked till 6PM today.  Since then I've been sidetracked with other things.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I've been at the hospital.

No change. Still sedated. Don't know anything yet.

Melody

Oh goodness Melody.  I'm sorry. 

I'm exhausted and yet caffeinated.  Running around to find the right things to fit the right budget is crazy.  Yet every year, we wait till the last paycheck before Christmas... LOL

Things we learned tonight:

1.  It's cheaper to buy art supplies and make your own "art set" than purchasing the chintzy one.
2.  Starbucks will make you salted caramel hot chocolate even though it's not on the menu.
3.  Nerf Rebel toys are the hot item apparently and are sold out many places. (Girly Nerf guns)
4.  Duck Dynasty PJs are a rip off...  I shoulda just bought a sleeper and stamped ducks on it.
5.  It's very impractical to expect to find any PJ pants for a skinny boy who is 6'2."(I'm making a pitch for PJ shorts or capris on Christmas eve.  I don't know if he'll buy it.)
6.   Machetes in the camping section of Walmart, are ridiculously inexpensive and fit in a stocking.
7.   No matter how much we rack our brains on what to get Andrew, the overall desire he made very clear this year was to get something he could do with his Dad.  He hasn't had enough time with him and he's desperate for it.  You just can't wrap that.  It reveals too much time lost and a desperation to try and make up for it.
8.   Even though I don't really like to shop and Nathan does, and it's freezing out, it makes my heart pitter-patter to walk up and down parking lots from store to store, holding his hand.
9.   We don't spend nearly enough time at Barnes & Noble.
10.  I should have gotten the hot chocolate.  :o

*giggles deliriously*

MsJennJenn

* MsJennJenn psstt melodya is smoking her own product. Pass it on.:chatter:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

taco_harvell

Never use T-mobile! The changes they made created a money pit and ruined their customer service.

MelodyB

Just left the hospital. Still no change. I'm gonna crash.

Roscoe

Sorry to hear that Mel....still praying.
And in sharing, it has been raining, as my grandfather would say, like a cow peeing on a flat rock. All night and all day. Probably have received 3 inches of rain thus far according to local reports, and are forecasted to recieve up to 3 inches more...My backyard looks like a lake, as well as the side yard, and I am now being reminded of the drawbacks of having a septic system.. :-(

Melody

Well, that's no fun.

It just started raining here a bit ago but it's freezing. About to go clean the church. 

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been raining like crazy off & on all last night & today.

I made a batch of cinnamon rolls & just put them in the oven.

Lynx

I just put the last set of bread pans in the oven.  White bread, which is not my preference, but it's for some friends at church. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: