News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

A good, honest mechanic is a priceless treasure.  He's also probably busier than a midget mountain climber and a one-armed wallpaper hanger combined, and might be able to look at your car a week from Wednesday. 

We have a mechanic here that our whole family goes to.  He's as busy as the aforementioned, but he plays straight.  I took my van in about a month and a half ago to get a few things done, and gave him a list of what I wanted done and how much money I had.  "Stop when you get to the bottom of the list or you run out of money."  Conventional wisdom would say that is a really stupid thing to do, telling a mechanic or a car salesman how much money you have to spend, but this guy we know we can trust. 

If he should ever retire I don't know what we would do. 

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Heather

*BANG!!*

Through all her faults my mom does actually love me. If not she probably wouldn't have bought me a new mattress, support, and frame today. Also she is paying for my car repair tomorrow. It took them a week and the mechanic sure did earn the $250 they are charging me. Apparently it was something to do with the cams in the engine to get it to time correctly. It took him the Honda and Chevy dealership and 4 books to figure it out. Next car I own will not be a GM engine in an Izusu car with a Honda title.

Started packing stuff to bring from Brandon's to my mom to be cleaned then transported to my new apartment. Everything smells like smoke and grossness.

Church yesterday was great. Brandon stayed throughout the entire service [no smoke breaks!!] and I could tell after service he was uncomfortable about something but he wouldn't tell me what. I believe God is working on him. Slowly but surely.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: HeatherB on December 17, 2013, 02:22:23 AM
It took him the Honda and Chevy dealership and 4 books to figure it out. Next car I own will not be a GM engine in an Izusu car with a Honda title.
Oh I have GOT to tell that to a friend of mine at church who likes cars.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Back up in the 70s this week.  I guess it'll be below freezing next week.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Just took 8 fluid pills per doctors orders. With 3 more scheduled in 2 hours. If I go missing well....
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Backseat Radio

I did not need to discover microwavable sweet potatoes  :fork:

Enjoying a quiet early afternoon before I head off to work.

Lynx

Good grief, the doctor's trying to skitter you to death...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well, that's one way to flush the poisons out,theoretically. :lol:
Long day. Then I had to come home and fix a leaking drain in the kitchen. The sealant I used takes two hours to cure so I won't kknow if it's "fixed" until then...bah. Sometimes being a homeowner is a pain.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

MY CAR IS WORKING AND IN THE DRIVEWAY!!!!!  :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on December 17, 2013, 10:28:25 PM
Well, that's one way to flush the poisons out,theoretically. :lol:
Long day. Then I had to come home and fix a leaking drain in the kitchen. The sealant I used takes two hours to cure so I won't kknow if it's "fixed" until then...bah. Sometimes being a homeowner is a pain.
If it worked..... Which so far it hasn't. But, the blood work keeps saying my kidney function is normal. Yet on all those pills drinking enough to float away on I'm going 2-3 times. Something ain't right.

Melody

They checked your thyroid, right?  Are you retaining a bunch of that water? 

taco_harvell

Thyroid checked out fine gaining around 5 pounds a week right now. Eating less so it has to be fluid. Now they've added steroids so praying weight gain doesn't go up. She thinks my kidneys and bladder could be locking up in spasms. Which would explain a pain issue I've been having over a year and the roller coaster BP. She just has to find what's causing the spasms. Which might be sludge the stuff that turns into kidney stones.

In other news I'm ready Christmas to be over! See so many I want to help and can't this year it's irritating me.

Melody

God doesn't play or toy with our lives so whatever the purpose, I believe you'll be closer to Jesus than ever when it's all said and done if you keep the faith.

In other news I'm currently preoccupied with Proverbs. It's like I could read/listen (Bible app) to just one verse and I'm blown away by its truth and wisdom. I want to absorb and apply all of it but there are so many diverse points. And of course I never cease to realize how often I am so foolish in this life.  How past perceptions though seeming valid at the time, set the standard so low.  Truly I have still so much work to be done.  Thank God He has given me another day.

Barbara Willoughby made an interesting statement that has stuck in my mind. She was talking to unmarrieds and posing the question about whether they are satisfied with presenting the person they are right now to who they will marry.  OR would they rather be able to be essentially a much better spouse which means a little more time and a little more work on themselves to be the best quality. What a wonderful thought.  It sifts those who want to marry based on all their own desires.

While I know heaven is wonderful, am I who I want God to have to spend all eternity with right now?  No. God will take me when He decides but I want to be the best I can be having, refined my heart to a much better character.

taco_harvell

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 18, 2013, 12:56:00 PM
God doesn't play or toy with our lives so whatever the purpose, I believe you'll be closer to Jesus than ever when it's all said and done if you keep the faith.

My daily prayer;

Lord thank you for whatever you're accomplishing in this!

Easier to pray some days than others. Even on the hard days I mean it. Since this began I've told Elona God is doing something in this. I don't understand what but I don't have to.

The Purple Fuzzy

Have they checked the pituitary gland?  As tall as you are, could it be some sort of gigantism?

taco_harvell

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 18, 2013, 02:21:40 PM
Have they checked the pituitary gland?  As tall as you are, could it be some sort of gigantism?

Don't know if they have or not to be honest.

Backseat Radio

Woke up to find a text message from the preacher saying we're not having service tonight.  Apparently we've got a bunch of sick folks in the congregation.  :sadbounce:

taco_harvell

Heather

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 18, 2013, 12:19:50 AM
Truly an event to mark on the calendar.

I know right!!!!!!  :cool:

I'm hanging on! Went by the house and found a bill Brandon had forgotten to bring me. $42 dollars I didn't have. Mailed it off and was trying to figure out how I was going to cover it. Went to work today and we got our bonus from Bayer for selling Advantage products. My bonus was $48 and some change. Add onto that Ms Gregory [lady I petsit for on the lake] text me asking to stay at her house the first 10 days of January. God looks out for us.  :cool: