News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

I just learned/read/heard something new. 

Some foreigners refer to ALL Americans as Yankees/Yanks.

Hahaha  You Yankees.

:P

Lynx

That just cause they don't know no better.  Everyone knows a yankee is someone who lives north of wherever you are.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Confirmed today with my new roommate my move date!! Also had all my finanacial aid information confirmed for school. If the mechanic wasn't already bald I'm pretty sure he'd be pulling his hair out over my car. lol.

Brandon asked to go to church with me tomorrow. Pray God moves in his life!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Got up this morning and went with a fellow ham to see about a radio he was interested in buying about an hour away. Uneventful pleasant trip, he purchased the radio- at a fair price. All in all, a great day.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Just came back from a family gathering at my mom's house.

Heather

It's almost 10 am on Sunday and I already have a girl trying to get me to work for her tomorrow. Then trying to make me feel guilty for politely declining because I have 50 million things to do.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

:hi:

been busy with work and Christmas shopping and dealing with snow.  Already found out that my Church isn't having service on Christmas day.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Yeah, this year we're missing a lot of church services.  Next Sunday we won't be having the evening service, and of course we won't be having church Wednesday because of Christmas, and we won't be having church the next Wednesday because it's New Year's Day.  Feh!
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Hmmm. Instead of having church on Christmas Day, I guess we'll just have to be the Church.  :)

We have a watch night service on NY's eve.  It doesn't go till midnight though.  Then there's a party on NY's day that will be mostly church people I think. Which is absolutely wonderful since life is so busy that I hardly get to just hang out with them.  This morning I talked to probably 20 people, but they were all new or young converts, and my pastor's wife. I did not have time to just talk to peers.  That's ok most of the time but we all need to stay connected ourselves while we are discipling others. Ya know?  This week will be the same. Lots of people don't have ideal holiday situations. We don't need more church, we need more of the Church.

Melody

Andrew's all inspired.  There's some youtube videos about making miniature cannons and bows... etc.  Total boy stuff.  He decided what he's doing during Christmas break.  LOL

Who knew that sanding the strike area of the match box and combining that with ground match heads made a valid gun powder?  Not anything in my radar of consideration... lol  Boys are so fun.  I recommend everyone having sons as well as daughters. 

;)  :P

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:hi: Meller, send that boy down here. Thanks to my job, I'll show him ways to blow up things you never imagined... :laughhard:
And Happy Birthday ducklady...I forgot to say it here or on facebook. Been so busy and overloaded- lord. Logged online to make the car payment yesterday- two weeks early as usual- and noticed a "flag" saying I had late payment fees.  :o Yep- recorded it in the checkbook in November, but forgot to go online and make the actual payment. Lord.

And in sharing- Obviously I am back at work. Would appreciate prayers- I've talked it over with my pastor and have his blessing- there's a state job that would enable me to keep my salary and drive 8 miles one way to work every day as opposed to 60 miles one way that has come open. I am probably going to apply. It will jack my days off/day shift only up, but it would also put me working near home and, as it is at a college, put me in contact with young people daily. As an added bonus, I'm pretty sure employees of the college get reduced tuition which might be the thing I need to get off my rear and get a degree.
I just want God's will, not mine. I will admit it would be nice to recover two hours a day of my life, to say nothing of the $300-$400 a month gas savings..

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Guy friend who's backslidden finally came to church yesterday to watch the children's musical. His niece was in it. Please pray he comes again!

Sooo sleepy today. :yawn:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Where can I leave a negative review for an auto place?

Last week we took the car in for inspection. Have to do that for tag renewal. So Nathan sees a holiday pkg deal from an auto place we haven't tried. Smh. So he goes with that. I take the car there and they give me a doom urgent brake report. It doesn't pass they said. It could be dangerous they say. My brakes have been squeaking so idk, they could be right. The guy calls Nathan to try and have him do it ASAP. It's $200 With the discount.  Nathan tells him we are going to wait. He wants to talk to out regular auto place. This guy asks if Nayhan has a credit card!  We don't do credit cards. This place says everything else looks great. The guy, the owner I think, hangs up with Nathan, I'm standing right there mind you, and says to the mechanic, "He doesn't have the money."  Very condescendingly.

Um. I'm pretty put out with the intrusiveness, the aggression, and the low class. Nevermind their waiting area and bathroom are gross.

So we bring the car to our regular place. That's where I am right now. The guy here comes and plainly explains that our brakes do not need changed AT ALL but we do have hot spots on our roater?  Idk about these things. There was something disconcerting that we need done that the other place didn't even catch.

Not only is the other place dishonest, but it is UNsafe to give bad inspections.

/rant.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

looking thru my new cookbook and I see I'm in for a learning curve.  The cookbook is written in grams and mentions a bunch of things I've never heard of.  Guess I'll see how well I can translate a UK cookbook into something an American can cook.  The description gave no indication that the cookbook was written in non American measurements.

Any suggestions on a good android or apple app to convert grams into American cooking measurements?

Melody

Grams are a weight. It'll be more than difficult for you to precisely convert.

Many seasoned cooks use weight because it's more accurate and accounts for moisture better like in flours.

I'd just get a cheap scale. It's a great way to cook.

Backseat Radio

My cooking style is very not precise. Decided to return the cookbook rather than mess with conversions

MsJennJenn

Ahhh but cooking is so much more enjoyable without rules. lol
experiment. guess.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 16, 2013, 04:48:01 PM
Where can I leave a negative review for an auto place?

Last week we took the car in for inspection. Have to do that for tag renewal. So Nathan sees a holiday pkg deal from an auto place we haven't tried. Smh. So he goes with that. I take the car there and they give me a doom urgent brake report. It doesn't pass they said. It could be dangerous they say. My brakes have been squeaking so idk, they could be right. The guy calls Nathan to try and have him do it ASAP. It's $200 With the discount.  Nathan tells him we are going to wait. He wants to talk to out regular auto place. This guy asks if Nayhan has a credit card!  We don't do credit cards. This place says everything else looks great. The guy, the owner I think, hangs up with Nathan, I'm standing right there mind you, and says to the mechanic, "He doesn't have the money."  Very condescendingly.

Um. I'm pretty put out with the intrusiveness, the aggression, and the low class. Nevermind their waiting area and bathroom are gross.

So we bring the car to our regular place. That's where I am right now. The guy here comes and plainly explains that our brakes do not need changed AT ALL but we do have hot spots on our roater?  Idk about these things. There was something disconcerting that we need done that the other place didn't even catch.

Not only is the other place dishonest, but it is UNsafe to give bad inspections.

/rant.

That is a old trick that most car repair places INCLUDING dealerships try.  Earlier this year, we had to have a repair done on our car.  It was a dealer only repair.  I had done my research, and knew what I was facing.  After they did the repair, then they told us we needed:

1)Brakes and quite possibly rotors, $400 just for brakes.  More if they needed rotors.  Funny thing is we had the brake pads replaced just a few months before that, and I still had the receipt.  They told me that my front pads were about 50% and my bake brakes were gone.  I WAS GONNA DIE IF I DROVE IT!!!!  I checked the pads later and they were fine.  Also, when checking my brakes, I noticed a strut was leaking.  It was very obvious.  To check the struts you have to take the tires off.  To check the brakes, you have to take the tires off.  THEY NEVER TOOK THE TIRES OFF!  Also, 4 brand new rotors were $160.  Pads, all the way around were $40.

2) We had a hole in the exhaust system and it needed replaced, $800.  I knew the exhaust sounded a little funny.  I took it to a local place, and we found a weld had tore at a bracket.  It was $20 to fix. 

3) New battery, ours was weak, $100.  The battery I let them do, because it was 5 years old, and was due for replacement.  I could have waited.

All this was on top of a $700 dollar repair that I had to do.

What made me mad was not that I caught them lying, but the fact that they lied.  I wonder how many people don't know, and get ripped off.

So, if you are reading this, and have to have some repair done on your vehicle, please be mindful of the business and or sales pitch. 
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Also, meller, go to google maps, look up the business, and you can review it there.  Anyone who uses google maps will see that review if they search for the business.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller