News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

On mornings like this I'm reminded of this:
http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1993/01/04#.UoyWi3YznXQ

I know it's cold out there, I can feel the cold trying to creep in around the edges of my warm little world, I know I'll eventually have to venture out into the cold... but please, not just yet!  :-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: That stuff the Dr gave us is amazing. Other than an occasional cough, I feel much better this morning....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

What was it?

I found some sinus pills on the .88 cent rack at WM, and Im on my third box they work so well! They clear my nose, and its an expectorant too, so when I blow my nose its more productive. Its not healing me, but it sure is helping me! The pressure and pain is lessend when I take them,  and I can sure tell when its time for another dose, all my yucky feeling comes back.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Roscoe

Lord, I don't know- the steroid shot and two types of pills, I'll have to look and see what they are- then the narcotic cough med which is incredibaly nasty, effective, and spaces me out..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on November 20, 2013, 02:56:30 PM
Lord, I don't know- the steroid shot and two types of pills, I'll have to look and see what they are- then the narcotic cough med which is incredibaly nasty, effective, and spaces me out..

Probably the RX script strength of Tussin. I have that - and man when you have a cough it WORKS. It does make you loopy though. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I'll just stick with taking zinc when I'm sick. I'm so loopy by default, I can't afford to get any more loopy. :updown:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Now would be a great time for Cheyenne to ask for that Porsche she's always been wanting...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 20, 2013, 03:18:51 PM
Now would be a great time for Cheyenne to ask for that Porsche she's always been wanting...
We have a Corvette. Why would she downgrade? :pound: And actually, believe it or not, the other night we were talking about what kind of car she would want in around nine years... I'm sure it'll change, but her response? "An old truck, Daddy, like Rusty or Sam." I was so proud... :lol:

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on November 20, 2013, 03:32:00 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 20, 2013, 03:18:51 PM
We have a Corvette. Why would she downgrade? :pound: And actually, believe it or not, the other night we were talking about what kind of car she would want in around nine years... I'm sure it'll change, but her response? "An old truck, Daddy, like Rusty or Sam." I was so proud... :lol:

That girl is a keeper.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

taco_harvell

I need prayer Migraine steady pain level 8 since yesterday even with meds. Multiple CH attacks on top of that all night and morning. Found a place who has oxygen for $70 they aren't sure how long it would last though. We don't even have that right now though. Need prayers this morning bad in pain and really feeling life's  pressures!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

Night 2. Round 2. This water pump will not defeat us!!!! Thankfully my boss ok'd us to use the garage/basement at the hospital so we are out of the cold and we have light.

Work today wasn't so bad again. I've been trying to make a conscious effort not to let all the badness here get to me. I think it's working. For now.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

Had a stupid CH attack in the middle of church. :( So sick of this.

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, looks like Sethiepoo is alive after all.

taco_harvell

Lynx

Didn't get as much sleep last night as I usually like to get and today is going to be a full day so it looks like I'll be running on caffeine so it's a good thing I have so much dark chocolate still that I got from Aldi because that's the best kind of chocolate I've found yet you know it's really strong but really smooth...  :hyper:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Maybe Taco should change his name to BeanBowl to get Seths vote.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

If Taco wins I will be calling Taco that from here on out.  LOL  and razz him about fixed voting from officials.  :D

I find satire confusing. There are times I think someone is serious and they are not, other times I think they are joking kind of... And they are not.  If I blushed, it would be during those awkward moments. Lol  then again I've been told that people haven't always caught that I'm joking. Lol

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 21, 2013, 10:50:15 PM

I find satire confusing. There are times I think someone is serious and they are not, other times I think they are joking kind of... And they are not.  If I blushed, it would be during those awkward moments. Lol  then again I've been told that people haven't always caught that I'm joking. Lol
Ninty percent of the time, it would be safe to assume that I am not serious. And if you catch me in a rare serious moment, it probably involves God, or I have a gun pointed at you. Yeah- then I'm kinda serious. And intense. :laughhard:

And in sharing- in my time off of work apprently some interesting things have taken place there. I can't go into them, but I ask that you whisper a prayer that God will allow some things to work out in my favor, as some pretty big changes might be coming and they have the potential to be in my favor. It could mean as much as a $200+ a month savings on my commute, which in this economic times, is huge. That would nearly cover Chey's school tuition for us.