News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

They moved Seth to the "special" floor as we moved into Sharing 484

Started by mini, June 08, 2013, 11:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

:sing:
There's more, there's a whole lot more
Where that came from
:sing:

How'd they get in anyhow?  Did they crawl through the pet door?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

You think that's bad, scan the member list...... about a hundred "new members" in the past week- and that is just the "A"s... :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Somebody is just dead set on selling jerseys made in China, it seems. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In other news... have I ever mentioned how glad I am that my whole computer system is installed on a flash drive? 

What brings this up?  Yesterday, by an act of sheer genius, I totally ruined two of this Thinkpad's three USB ports.  I was somewhat upset about that, but this morning when I turned the computer on I was even more upset when it wouldn't get past the Thinkpad start screen.  Apparently I ruined a port in such a way that a pin was shorting out against the frame.  This short confused the BIOS and it wouldn't boot.  (Simple version:  Instead of two USB ports being unusable, the whole computer was unusable.) (Color change enabled to help people avoid the nerd/tech junk before the simple version and get right to the point.)  :great:

So I took the flash drive out, stuck it in another laptop, rebooted, and was back online.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

kmymbir

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

The Purple Fuzzy

I think the latest sharing thread got deleted with the SPAM.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

For some reason I wish I had an icon on my chest that I could double tap and say "Reboot!" 
I know, it was an old show.  It was a great one though.

How can there be a 484-B when there wasn't a 484-A?  The previous one was 484, so this one would be 484-A... if we're following the same naming conventions observed in the Star Trek universe with their Enterprise models.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Wow.  Fuzzy just out-nerded me.  I thought I had a lock on it with the Star Trek reference, but she had to go straight to program revision notation. 

Wow.  Just... just... wow.
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

Probabkly my bad.. I became dazed at how many threads I nuked that we got hit with Let make do some checking.

Newsman

Hmm.. I found it. It was after I left for a while. I don't find a set of commands t move a deleted thread back into the main discussion area. Scott has a lot more of the tech command ability than I, I suspect. So, for now, 484-B :)

John  :waving:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 21, 2013, 07:29:25 PM
Wow.  Fuzzy just out-nerded me.  I thought I had a lock on it with the Star Trek reference, but she had to go straight to program revision notation. 

I'm trying to decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing...

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 21, 2013, 07:49:25 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 21, 2013, 07:29:25 PM

I'm trying to decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing...
It's like being unique. It can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Isn't that right Chel? :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

I went dumpster diving and dug 484 out of the trash. 

Lord....I'm glad this work week is through.

MelodyB

I missed the whole :spam: action...what kind of threads and stuff were they posting?

Lynx

The kind you would get in random emails from overseas spammers.  Big blocks of copy-paste text from some financial studies, and hotlinks to websites where you can buy stuff that has nothing to do with the big blocks of text they pasted. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman