Isaac's on another spree - another box of CDs in SHARING 483

Started by Lynx, May 03, 2013, 03:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim

So... I  get up this morning and go get my mama a dozen red roses for Mother's Day.  It is always so hard to go see her in that nursing home.  She has been there for quite a few years now, but I can never go see her without crying.  I  try really hard, but it nver works.  Anyway, I'm standing by her bed, wondering what she is thinking and hating the fact that she can't talk to me, and crying, of course, and I look over and see a Bible on the little dresser.  It is opened up, and I just venture over there and read the first passage my eyes fall on.  Philippians 4:11.  "Not that I speak in respect of want: For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."  Now that may not mean much to some people, but when I read it, it gave me a little peace of mind and made me think that God was telling me that she is at least content if nothing else.  She is a very special mama, and I know one day, she will be the most beautiful angel in Heaven.

Roscoe

Quote from: Kim on May 11, 2013, 05:42:47 PM
So... I  get up this morning and go get my mama a dozen red roses for Mother's Day.  It is always so hard to go see her in that nursing home.  She has been there for quite a few years now, but I can never go see her without crying.  I  try really hard, but it nver works.  Anyway, I'm standing by her bed, wondering what she is thinking and hating the fact that she can't talk to me, and crying, of course, and I look over and see a Bible on the little dresser.  It is opened up, and I just venture over there and read the first passage my eyes fall on.  Philippians 4:11.  "Not that I speak in respect of want: For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."  Now that may not mean much to some people, but when I read it, it gave me a little peace of mind and made me think that God was telling me that she is at least content if nothing else.  She is a very special mama, and I know one day, she will be the most beautiful angel in Heaven.
Thanks for making me cry. I don't have a clue what to get mama or lou. I'll visit mama, but, well.
Quote from: HeatherB on May 11, 2013, 05:32:04 PM
Are coloring books and crayons a good present for a 3 year old? I've been invited to a little girl from church's 3rd birthday party today and it's actually out in my neck of the woods. I know she likes Hello Kitty so I bought her a sweet Hello Kitty cup with a lid and straw on it. I went with coloring books and crayons because that girl draws on EVERYTHING that is paper. I hope it doesn't seem silly.....
And yes, coloring books and crayons are perfect. And anything hello kitty seems to last up through at least six years old....chey is wearing a hello kitty shirt today.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Six years old? Ha! I have TWO teenagers in my youth group that are obsessed with Hello Kitty!

And I agree...coloring books and crayons are a good choice. :great:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I've heard there are some grown men who are fans of My Little Pony.  They call each other "brony" or plural "bronies."  They never said anything about Hello Kitty though, but I bet some of them are HK fans in secret.

Hello Kitty Ferrari:
http://www.carscoops.com/2010/06/hello-kitsch-ferrari-360-owner-takes.html

I think this is actually a criminal offense in Italy...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

A fight broke out for the cup. lol. Every female 30 and under wanted to drink out of it. Noel was walking around clutching the coloring books and the Peppa Pig topper off her cake. 

Now me and the significant other are off for date night to Logan's. Helloooo steak!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Newsman

On a medievalists forum, I've seen men accuse each other of being 'bronies' or some-such with the connotation I seem to remember was less than innocent.

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Newsman on May 12, 2013, 01:04:35 AM
On a medievalists forum, I've seen men accuse each other of being 'bronies' or some-such with the connotation I seem to remember was less than innocent.
Aye.  It seems some people who are not bronies have gotten the idea that people who are bronies are... um... yeah, that connotation.  While I'm not a fan of the cartoon, I've met some bronies and they are not... that connotation... by definition.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 08, 2013, 06:23:13 PM

Also, who knows the most about Louisville, KY?  What areas of town should we avoid? You know me and my affinity for thrift stores and pawn shops... don't want to wander into places where I'll get shot.

Every time I've tried to get anywhere in Louisville, I wind up in the ghetto. lol

Heather

It's been an interesting day. Was rushing to get out the door in time to get to church in time for prayer and a friend started texting me asking if it was ok to come to church with me. I've never really talked alot about church and I'm generally just an 'invite them and say come any time' type of person. So she came today. Had never been to a pentecostal church but enjoyed it and said she'd be back. Also a lady who started out in church around the same time as me 12 years ago showed up today. She's been out of church for 8ish years. She was my go to party friend when I was going through my divorce and even threw me a party. She's had a really hard time with drugs, alcohol, and girlfriends [yes you read that right] since getting out of church. It was great to see her in the altar today. I just pray for some good to take root in her life. If you'll remember Tonya Towers in your prayers I'd greatly appreciate it.

My mom had to work so we went to see Brandon's mom. His sister Miranda was there and started giving me a really hard time once she acknowledged my existence. It was odd to watch Brandon, his dad, and his mom all stick up for me. I'm not so much surprised by him or his dad. But me and his mom has not had the best of experiences together but we are making an effort.

Roscoe

My. Look at all the posting.  :smirk2:
Y'all need to talk a little bit. Or type, as the case is here. Peasants.  :pound:
I'm back at work...had good church last night, a good pottluck, and then I went home and to beddy-bye. Woke up feeling refreashed and only mildly grumpy, which is amazing for me, since morning usually mauls me unmercifully.... :waving:

taco_harvell

:great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :hi:

We had WOW church last night!

Also if ya can pray for the Levy family.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

I should not be up this early on my extra day off. But it's ok. Going to turn in Gretchen [my suv] so she can get all pretty again. Hope they remember my rental. Then I think I'm gonna hit up some local gyms and get prices and such. Also cruise by Goodwills/Haven of Rest/Highlands thift stores. Then back here to clean out my closet and go through the rest of my storage things that are taking over our living room. lol.

MsJennJenn

I'm 27 and coloring book and crayons would make me happy as a gift. haha
I'm an artist through and through. Take me to Staples and let me go shopping...and wooo haappppy. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Now accepting donations towards a 2013 Chevy Impala! This car is SWWEEEEEEEEEET! :cool:

Roscoe

Wow.. I don't think I've ever seen gp this dead. :pound: Wake up!!!
And yeah, Heather the Impalas are sweet...we went with the malibu primarily because of the better gas mileage, we found them to be very similar cars.

Heather

I got a text message from the collision shop working on my SUV. They send you pictures of progress on your car. It's quite neat. Poor Gretchen [as I named her a couple years ago] is defaced. Literally. No front bumper, grill, lights, nothing.

Back to work tomorrow I guess. Boo!

Kim

What is everybody doing that is more important than posting?  I don't always post, but i do like to come in here and see what everybody else is saying.  Guess  that's just too bad on my part tonight. :(

Lynx

Maybe everybody else is doing the same thing tonight...
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I've been at the hospital ALL DAY. Ann finally came off the ventilator and is doing well! She made HUGE progress today, and I'm so glad she can actually TALK to me now!

I'll be back up there tomorrow. So don't have a cow when I'm not posting.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on May 14, 2013, 05:19:09 AM
I've been at the hospital ALL DAY. Ann finally came off the ventilator and is doing well! She made HUGE progress today, and I'm so glad she can actually TALK to me now!

I'll be back up there tomorrow. So don't have a cow when I'm not posting.
Mooo!
Glad she's off the vent. I'm a bit paranoid about those, since when Daddy was put on one he never came off of it. Lord, I miss that man.
I'm back at work. It was a beautiful day yesterday and looks like it shall be the same today. I am ready for the weekend-already. Even though I have no intention of doing anything more strenous than stealing my lawnmower back from Kim and mowing my yard.  :P
Quote from: Kim on May 14, 2013, 02:13:50 AM
What is everybody doing that is more important than posting?  I don't always post, but i do like to come in here and see what everybody else is saying.  Guess  that's just too bad on my part tonight. :(
If you would post more, there would be more conversation. Thus, it is YOUR fault GP is dead!  :pound: :pound:

Newsman

The pace of posting is phenomenal! :)

Happy Tuesday!

John  :waving:

mini

I thought I posted this morning.

I am wore out today.  Been a long and busy 6 days.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller