News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Please let the FCC know what you think...

Started by World Traveler, April 13, 2013, 03:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Traveler

I have already shared the below information with friends on FB. I wanted to make my GP friends aware of this as well.

Here is what I posted on FB:

IMPORTANT! The following was posted on Snopes.com on 8 April 2013. It is true. The FCC is considering removing all bans on profanity and full frontal nudity on television even during hours they know children will be watching. The FCC is letting people voice thier opinions through the end of April. Please call or e-mail them and let them know your concerns. As if sin isn't rampant enough alrready, now they are wanting to not only throw open the floodgates, but do away with them all together. Please let them know how you feel even if you don't have a television set. Here is the snopes link: http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/fccban.asp

Here is how to make your voice be heard:
Go to http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/ecfs/
Select "submit a filing (express)
Click on proceeding number 13-86
Then just fill in your name, your e-mail addy, your mailing address, and then your comment
Click on "continue"
Review your submission and click "confirm"
Please let your voice be heard! They are only accepting comments until April 30.
Thank you.

After prayer this morning an old children's song popped into my head that I feel is applicable to this situation. Do you remember the song that said, in part, "Be careful little eyes what you see. Be careful little ears what you hear. For the Father up above, is looking down in love. So, be careful what you see and hear". We have a chance to have a say in what our (America's) childrens' eyes and ears will be exposed to. Please let your voice be heard. Jesus once said that it would be better for a person to have a millstone tied around thier neck than for them to hurt a little one, a little one whose angel continually beholds the face of God. People don't have to act against a child to hurt it. Sometimes they can hurt by not acting. I have sent in my comment to the FCC. I hope you will, too.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Lynx

Wonderful.  Throw out the TV.  Life is too short to spend it watching other people pretend to do things anyway.   :cool:

Sorry, I know that's facetious.  I never have been a big fan of TV anyway.  But I do realize that, if true, it will adversely affect the culture of this nation.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

World Traveler

That is why I included the line, "Please let them know how you feel even if you don't have a television set".
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Lynx

It is important to note that the FCC is not proposing to drop all moderation of such.  The phrase "removing all bans on profanity and full frontal nudity" in the original post is somewhat misleading. 

The original problem seems to come from a past inconsistency in how the rules have been applied.  Sometimes the FCC has allowed certain things to pass, like nudity in a movie if the scene was deemed non-sexual in nature, or profanity that was judged "fleeting and non-repetitive" but charging fines in other cases that seemed to fit the same standards. 

The FCC is currently weighing whether it should allow such "fleeting, non-repetitive" cases across the board.  It will have the same effect for the viewer - being exposed to full nudity and profanity - but to a different extent than if the FCC simply dropped all bans.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: