News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Heather's back, and not so blue, she has less gall in SHARING 482

Started by Lynx, April 09, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Just great. I'm awake. Cause Im sick. I was sleeping good. Went to bed at between 10:30 and 11:00...and was having a dream about trying to make it to Kimbers wedding, and I started coughing  and woke up just before I threw up. Luckily I didnt make a mess. *sigh*

Now I'm nasauated and afraid to lay back down. :smirk2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

Praying, and also for you, Lady Mel.

John.

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 14, 2013, 01:40:11 AM
*heavy sigh* 

Anthony, the co-worker Nathan baptized last month and has been working on for a year, passed away today.  He has a little girl named Taylor who is 7 if anyone has room on their prayer list. Tonight she's going to bed without a Daddy.

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I didn't make it home in the sleeping there sense. There were some weird circumstances going on. I did however go by my home to get church clothes for today. Lo and behold if my dog didn't jump up on me and her little paw hit me right in my belly button. OUCH!!!! That is exactly where it hurts the worst. It's where they opened me up the most, pulled out my gallbladder, and has the most stitches.

Had crazy dreams about snakes til around 6 am. Then finally slept pretty good until my dad came stomping into the living room at 8. Now eating then getting ready. Brandon should be here in about 45 min to pick me up for church.

Praying for you Mel!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on April 14, 2013, 02:58:36 AM
Oh no! What happened?

Anxiety meds and he was drinking. The next morning, Friday,he started vomiting, inhaled it which filled his lungs and cut off oxygen to his brain, which swelled. They tried cooling his body down to take the swelling down. He wasn't breathing on his own and they realized still no blood was getting to his brain. Initially it had taken 40 min when the paramedics arrived to even get a pulse.

Blessed be The Lord always. No matter what. He delights in mercy still.

Nathan had been talking to him for at least a month about not taking psyche drugs and he was taking sleep meds and then he drank so Nathan is pretty crushed.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Yeah, me too. That's terrible. :( Praying for the family and for y'all.

I am so much better. I only got sick the one time in the night. I went back to sleep and was ok. The real struggle started this morning. I fought with the devil about going to church. he tried to tell me that I was sick during the night, and I was sleepy so it was ok to stay home...he _almost_ had me convinced. Almost. But I went ahead and got and in the shower, KNOWING that if I stayed home I would regret it, and boy was I ever right!

We had a BLOW OUT service! One of our new Youth that has been coming to just Youth events was there at service and recieved the Holy Ghost for the first time! She was so excited. The whole place just seemed to explode and God moved in a mighty way! We had no preaching, and we had tonges and interpretation near the end of altar service. People that I haven't seen shout in awhile boogied and shook all over the place! I'm glad I went!

Plus as an added bonus, two of our girls who are usually at college were home for the weekend and I got to fellowship with them!

It's been a GREAT day! My roast and veggies turned out perfect, and Ive already had a short nap! Yay!

:hi:

Lynx

I also had a nap.  Yum! 

Now I'm eating a good thick piece of bread, toasted, then soaked down with maple syrup, then smeared with butter.  Also yum!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Heather

I honestly didnt think id make it through service today. I was so nauseous.  But i hung in there. I felt bad that i couldnt stand during worship and altar call but im sure they understood.

Now im home home. Laying in bed and watching Bones.

MelodyB

Headed to bed. Got a tickle in my throat that is making me cough. No amount of drinking anything is helping.

Hopefully it won't cause me to throw up like I did last night.

Goodnight.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Why can't I stay WELL?!

Ugh. I have been coughing ALL NIGHT. I just got up to potty and my throat liturally feels like its in shreds. My chest is sore from coughing, and inside it feels like heartburn, only not. It's hard to explain. I'm in severe pain...that's all there is to it. And I don't know what to do about it. 

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

:sing:  Goooood Morning, Sunshine!!!  :waving: :waving: What a beautiful day the Lord hath made :sing: ... Mama's favorite morning saying. How true it is this morning, and how much I miss her today. She's had Alzhiemer's for the better part of ten years and hasn't seemed to know anyone for eight or better- you'd think I'd be used to it. But for some reason, this morning I am really feeling not having her around. Helps to know that she's in God's hands and without being judgemental, if she don't make it to the promised land I might as well fold my tent and steal away. She's always been the perfect example of a Godly mother and I'm so glad she is mine, even with the pain this illness has put us through...

It IS beautiful here today- supposed to be near 80. I drove Rusty in, who, after his O2 sensor change, is back to getting 20+ mpg. All in all, I am happy. And I have a Dr Pepper. Life is grand.  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I shoulda stayed at my moms. Its 735 am and Mike is throwing a tantrum like a 3 year old child. He's misplaced his laundry basket. I got up to try to help since he was screaming on the phone to Brandon. I lifted 1 of our baskets that was in the laundry room and now my abdomen is hurting. Its another 3 hours before i can take a pain pill. Also Teresa is on her way out here to hopefully take a shower and pick up Mike. If she stays any longer ill go nuts.

May just pack up a couple things and go back to moms. Shouldnt drive since i just took a pain pill 3 hrs ago but i cant deal with these people today.....

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

taco_harvell

Working on promotions for Pentecost Sunday. I am excited!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Roscoe usually texts me and grumbles about it being morning.  I respond with a cheery something or another.  Today, the old grump was cheery and I was a grouch.  LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Coffee coffee coffee.

A D. Shatwell from OK preached 2 services for us yesterday and what a blessing it was.

On the way home Hannah couldn't help but well up with tears as she told me what a blessing she got at altar call.

Makes a mama's heart full.

Melody

Oh and Nathan was laid off on Friday.

Must be time for another adventure! 

Maybe he'll decide he'd like to be an avian agriculture intern.

Lynx

Every time I've been laid off (except for one) it was because God had a better job waiting.  That one exception was when the economy tanked in 2008 and everyone was being laid off everywhere, and I still got a job - not as good as the job that had to lay me off, but it got me through until the factory was able to hire me back. 

Howdy to all.  I gotta finish the mowing I didn't get done Saturday, preferably before it gets warm out there.  But it's a bee-yoooooootiful day out.  I don't think the cat is happy though, I'm mowing down all the tall grass in her hunting ground.  She was crouched out on the lawn yesterday with a faint air of "NOW what do I do?"

In other local news, my main music collection (aside from the minor christmas, comedy and classical folders) is at 6,236 tracks, with 213 tracks that I just ripped from CDs still to listen to and make sure they ripped clean.  Then I'll be through with new music for a while... Unless I happen to come across another thrift store or pawn shop I've never been to before. 
It's still cheaper than golf or racing, and takes up less time than World of Warcraft addicts give their game, so I think I come out ahead all around for choice of hobby.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 15, 2013, 02:27:10 PM
A D. Shatwell from OK preached 2 services for us yesterday and what a blessing it was.

I know him.