News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Heather's back, and not so blue, she has less gall in SHARING 482

Started by Lynx, April 09, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 06, 2013, 11:45:51 PM
By the way I should probably mention the computer I'm getting rid of is no great shakes as a computer. It will get the job done if you want to browse the internet, check your facebook, check email, watch a youtube video, etc.
Tell me what you want for it!! I've been scouring Craigslist for the last MONTH looking for an old laptop running windows xp, vista or the like for a dedicated computer for my ham shack. I want! I want! I've just got a couple programs to download to it to run my ham rig so it doesn't have to be fast or special...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

So I got off work [which of course didn't go anywhere near as bad as any of my days last week] and went to Autozone to see if Brandon wanted to come eat pizza with me tonight. Park my car, start walking across the parking lot, noticed a white utility truck backing up, then hear a loud POP! Turn around to see white truck pull away from my car and my car bouncing back and forth. Nothing too bad. My front bumper is more crooked than before and I have a pretty good ding in my front fender. The best part is the dude had just been in the animal hospital a few hours earlier to get stuff for his dog.

I did however get approved time off in August to go to Youth Congress. Woot!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

XP or Vista... um... will your programs run in Windows 7?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 07, 2013, 12:47:22 AM
XP or Vista... um... will your programs run in Windows 7?
Yes sir...I was told they will run from xp up to 7....I was focusing on the older laptops to get as cheap as I could, being quite the cheapskate.  :biglaugh: The only programs I've got to put on it is Ham Radio Deluxe and one other program for "dx spotting" -locating where the conditions are best to talk to...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Which reminds me, Craigslist is not the place to get a computer. What you do is, go to Ebay, find every computer which fits what you are looking for and add it to your watchlist. Place a bid on each one in the last 30 seconds or so, the maximum you are willing to pay.

Eventually you will hit one that nobody else is watching and you will get it for less than you bid. It helps if you filter by memory: currently 4 gigabytes of memory or higher is enough to be sure your laptop would be useful in the near future.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Oh yeah, also filter by price or you'll spend a lot of time looking through pages of laptops at exorbitantly high prices. I usually allow 0 to $55 - I figure that will give enough clearance for the price to rise in the bidding without going too high for me.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

SippinTea

I can't possibly catch up on all the sharing since I had Lil' Bean, but....... yes, we had a girl! :D For those of you not on Facebook (aka the friends already inundated with photos and status updates from proud aunt and uncles *grin*) her name is Arabella Hope. She was 7 lbs 15 oz, and 20 1/4 inches long. (And yes, that 1/4 inch is important, as Roscoe and I will both agree. *ahem*) She has already let it be known that she likes jazz music, snuggling, and batting her eyes at cute guys. ;) Oh, and she's VERY opinionated. But I have absolutely NO idea where THAT came from. *cough cough ahem*

Not surprisingly, her current nickname around here is Bella Bean. *grin*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Newsman