News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Heather's back, and not so blue, she has less gall in SHARING 482

Started by Lynx, April 09, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Do you usually run everywhere?

I like them...if my toes were better. I have some problems with my feet and nails. I wear my flip flops around the house, but usually not out places unless I know I'm gonna just stay in the truck. Now if my feet and nails were pretty, or just normal looking, I would live in them. Especially Yellow Box brand. Tevas are good too.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Quote from: minnesota68 on April 12, 2013, 02:53:51 PM
I am probably one of the 1 people in the United States who will say this, but I dislike flip flops.

Yes.  Stick to shoes you can tuck those sasquash feet in. You don't want to scare the women and children.   :P

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

I dislike them cause some people just plain have ugly feet.  :ugly:  And ugly shoes on ugly feet make ugly look 10 times worse.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

I hate admitting this....but I'm with Mini on the flipflop thing. I will wear them in the privacy of my home if I have to wander out to the mailbox, but never any further than that. They like a housecoat for me...no one but immediate family will ever see me using them. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Melody:  All the time.  I frequently run at work, because I'm trying to keep up with two furnace lines.  Or sometimes I take a lap around the factory out of sheer boredom.  My job is always either hectic or dead.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Kim

As for flip-flops, i don't like them either.  It's funny, cuz when i was a kid, I loved them.  But there is just something about that thing between my toes that I just can't stand any more.  My husband, on the other hand, would probably wear them year-around if it didn't get too cold in the winter! :o

MelodyB

Melody

God is good and He delights in mercy. That just seems to resonate in my head over and over. It's His eager pleasure to show and see us show mercy.

Pass the coffee!

Heather

I LOVE flip flops!!! Sadly since moving to the country and my deep fear of snakes I rarely get to wear them outside of the house. I wear them ALOT in the house just to keep my feet off the cold floor.

Speaking of home I think I'm heading home today. My mom has been awesome in taking care of me but now she herself is sick with some crazy sinus/cold/losing her voice completely stuff and frankly I don't want to get sick on top of recovery. We just have to figure out a way to keep the girls [dogs] from jumping all over me because they jump and put there paws right where my sutures are across my belly.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 13, 2013, 02:16:10 PM
God is good and He delights in mercy. That just seems to resonate in my head over and over. It's His eager pleasure to show and see us show mercy.

Pass the coffee!
Yeah ain't it great?  Not that it should be taken as license to sin with impunity, but God would always rather forgive than condemn. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

I_hate_ice cream trucks.  Every day I fantasize how to discourage them from ever returning.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Everyday it parks near my house for like 20 min playing the horrifying music incessantly.

Lynx

The neighbor's kids put caltrops out to stop him and he has to patch is tires.
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

Awesome, Brother!

Quote from: minnesota68 on April 12, 2013, 01:30:47 PM
Posting sure is quiet...

Went to hear a buddy of mine preach last night.  It was a powerful service.  Things were sure enough happening.  Then about half way through worship, God struck me with a thought...

About 36 years ago, at that same church, they were having one of those old fashioned pentecostal revivals.  Everyone was there.  And this lanky cowboy showed up.  Granted, he showed up for the wrong reason.  He was eyeing this little gal upon whom he had the sweets.

Well, revival fires twas a burning that night and was a little bit hotter than his love fire, and when one woman took off shouting and made a pass right by the back row where he was sitting, it nearly scared him to death.  And when that same woman hit the wall at full tilt, he knew if he hadnt been sitting between that girl he liked and her momma, he would have left and never came back.

It was his first introduction to pentecost.

That service plumb worried on him after that.

A few weeks later, that girl he was sweet on was back at her home church (different city) and made up in her mind she wouldn't give him the time of day ever again.  She was gonna be nice, but God was first.  And lo and behold, that cowboy showed up at church that night.  Only this time, he wasn't to worried about pentecostal revival fires.  When altar call was given, that cowboy was up there, repenting of his sins, and experiencing what happens when God fills you with the  Holy Ghost.

His soon to be pastor asked him about being baptized.  That cowboy looked at him and said, "I've got a change of clothes in the truck."  For two weeks he had carried a change of clothes in his truck, waiting for the chance to be baptized.

The rest is history...I guess. 

You see, that cowboy is my Dad.  And that gal he was sweet on is my Mom.  Last night during worship, I was overcome with emotion at the thought of the life God gave me, all because a cowboy went to church one night 36 years ago.

Newsman

I really like this!

John  :waving:

Quote from: minnesota68 on April 12, 2013, 04:29:25 PM
For someone....

[/URL]

You may be king of the jungle, but that dont mean you should attack a herd of water buffalo by yourself.... :ugly:

MsJennJenn

Lamenting my singledom and lack of a social life (cus all my close friends are married w/kids) into this painting.

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

*heavy sigh* 

Anthony, the co-worker Nathan baptized last month and has been working on for a year, passed away today.  He has a little girl named Taylor who is 7 if anyone has room on their prayer list. Tonight she's going to bed without a Daddy.

MelodyB

Oh no! What happened?

I have been SUPER busy today. Wow. Got up we went to the nursing home to minister, then we went to the ghetto and served snow cones and invited the kids to church. It was a beautiful but HOT day. Then pastor took us all out to lunch, and then it was back to the church for an innovate meeting. After that we had youth service, and concluded the night at Taco bell. When we got back to the church, I put my Kira to sleep, and now I'm back in the apartment. I have washed a load of clothes, cleaned the kitchen, prepped the veggies and roast for tomorrow, and got the microwave cleaned out so it can go back to the Youth room tommorrow. We were borrowing it, but now we have ours back. Oh, and I also have the dishwasher full and going.

Pajama time...and bed. Tomorrow it's church and a meeting. Shew.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: