News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Heather's back, and not so blue, she has less gall in SHARING 482

Started by Lynx, April 09, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

kmymbir

I get married in nine days!!
Everything has been going good lately and work is wonderful I love my new job.
The doctor said I'm fine.
Money's tight and we are still waiting on the trailer we are suppose to be getting. But even though things are hard I am happy. Truly happy.
God is so good, services have been great and I am so excited to see what will happen next.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

kmymbir

Oh and the reason the chocolate didn't work Mel, is because you keep giving the dog all the good stuff. Brent said try engine coolant, it's sweet maybe the dog could drink it. This is the meanest way EVER and I'm not on Brent's side in this.
I'm for animal rights LOL
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Roscoe

I have no idea who hacked my profile and wrote a line completely opposite of all I agree with...but I've changed it back now. I may have left myself logged on on a work computer and a coworker found it.....because I'm sure that wouldn't have been done by a mod here....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

:goodmod:

After pouring all day long yesterday, the grass is finally getting green!  Now we just need some leaves on the trees.

When is a good time to start a potted tomato plant?

The Purple Fuzzy

Do it now.  You can keep it inside if it's in a pot if it freezes.

MelodyB

Even her plants smoke pot...

So I found out that the guys that are here with the brother working on the vent stuff are from Arkansas. It's a father and son. The fathers elderly mother lives here and is very sick, near death...they came here to visit, and with family stuff and all kinds of drama, they had to stay longer than expected, so they came and met up with the brother from our church, and asked about odd jobs to make enough money so they can get back to arkansas. They are already apostolic, that's why they looked up our church for help. And we sure needed two guys who knew how to work around here! Lots needed to be done and they so far have been everywhere in the building doing odds and ends.

I have to find out what part of Arkansas they are from. I was gonna ask the younger guy, but he was talking to sis Ramsey about tornadoes and I never heard a break in his sentences long enough for me to jump in the conversation...he is quite a talker.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the part of Arkansas. :)

Waiting for 4:30 to come say hello. I'm ready to go eat pizza w/ the hubs. Work has been stressful the past two days. Too many times they're throwing the word "layoff" around. I'm thankful they were laying off electricians and not us office girls though! Praying that the business really picks up soon! (I work for an electrical contractor company. It's an Apostolic family that owns it. Super sweet people.)

Thanks to my parents coming last weekend - my house is STILL clean from the very quick cleaning up that it received Friday & Saturday before they got here, LOL. I've enjoyed coming home to cleanliness and order. Unfortunately, dishes will have to be done and laundry too. I don't know how those things multiply so quickly.

MelodyB

Heather

I know you hate that dog but please do not give it coolant. It's a horribly slow and painful death for any animal.

Made my first adventure out of the house today. Went with mom to CVS to pick up her prescriptions. It was even after I got to take my shower!! I'm feeling tons better since I've been up being mobile more.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

Stuttgart isn't too awfully far. Good duck hunting, haha.

Glad you're feeling better, Heather.

I agree with Heather about the coolant. I can't begin to imagine how awful the dog irritates you.. but I'd feel awful if I actually killed it. :/ Praying the situation betters itself!

MelodyB

MelodyB

I made a yummy green smoothie in the blender! So good and good for me! Yay!

Roscoe

Well...made it through the day. Stopped and got some stuffed porkchops from the local butcher shop- they handcut them and stuffed them with cream cheese and jalapenos. They were delish! Lou cooked them up while I played on the radio and contacted three new countries- Greece, Austrailia (New South Wales) and the crowning achievement, Saudi Arabia. :teeth: I was happy. Tomorrow will be Rusty and yardwork time... :hi:

mini

Posting sure is quiet...

Went to hear a buddy of mine preach last night.  It was a powerful service.  Things were sure enough happening.  Then about half way through worship, God struck me with a thought...

About 36 years ago, at that same church, they were having one of those old fashioned pentecostal revivals.  Everyone was there.  And this lanky cowboy showed up.  Granted, he showed up for the wrong reason.  He was eyeing this little gal upon whom he had the sweets.

Well, revival fires twas a burning that night and was a little bit hotter than his love fire, and when one woman took off shouting and made a pass right by the back row where he was sitting, it nearly scared him to death.  And when that same woman hit the wall at full tilt, he knew if he hadnt been sitting between that girl he liked and her momma, he would have left and never came back.

It was his first introduction to pentecost.

That service plumb worried on him after that.

A few weeks later, that girl he was sweet on was back at her home church (different city) and made up in her mind she wouldn't give him the time of day ever again.  She was gonna be nice, but God was first.  And lo and behold, that cowboy showed up at church that night.  Only this time, he wasn't to worried about pentecostal revival fires.  When altar call was given, that cowboy was up there, repenting of his sins, and experiencing what happens when God fills you with the  Holy Ghost.

His soon to be pastor asked him about being baptized.  That cowboy looked at him and said, "I've got a change of clothes in the truck."  For two weeks he had carried a change of clothes in his truck, waiting for the chance to be baptized.

The rest is history...I guess. 

You see, that cowboy is my Dad.  And that gal he was sweet on is my Mom.  Last night during worship, I was overcome with emotion at the thought of the life God gave me, all because a cowboy went to church one night 36 years ago.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Work.
And stuff.

:yawn:

A mere 39 degrees this morning; back up to the 80's by Sunday. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Penny's has $1 flip flops today AND a 20% coupon they'll scan right off your phone that makes them $.80!

mini

I am probably one of the 1 people in the United States who will say this, but I dislike flip flops.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

What a great story Jeremy!!

I had a pretty good heart to heart with Brandon the other day. He walked in the room I was praying in. He asked why I was so upset. I explained to him that i wasn't. It was 12 years to the day that I had received the Holy Ghost. I did learn however that Brandon was baptized in Jesus Name when he was younger. They went to a baptist church that was almost at breakthrough to whole truth.

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but Brandon doesn't have to work another Sunday either! He worked a year worth of Sundays and they finally have enough people in rotation that they've dropped Brandon out of it! He's pretty excited too! We've had 2 weeks of teary eyed Sundays and lots of questions. I cannot wait for the day I see him at the altar worshipping.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Hooray for no Sundays!  I rejoice with you. :)

Sure is cold here today.  I never know whether to leave the air conditioner off when I go to work and risk all my chocolate melting, or leave it on and risk a new ice age when I get home.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

For someone....

[/URL]

You may be king of the jungle, but that dont mean you should attack a herd of water buffalo by yourself.... :ugly:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: minnesota68 on April 12, 2013, 02:53:51 PM
I am probably one of the 1 people in the United States who will say this, but I dislike flip flops.

I wear them occasionally...depending on the occasion.
But I do dislike them as well. They're so casual.
I don't dress casually much. Makes me feel frumpy. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Oh yeah, I meant to comment on that but got distracted by the good news about not having to work Sundays.  I also do not like flip flops because they impede my agility.  I like a shoe that I can count on to stay with my foot when I run. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: