News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

One Ton of Sun un Fun in Sharing 481!

Started by Newsman, March 19, 2013, 03:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

My scan came back normal  :banghead: So I'm supposed to watch what I eat until they can get me in to consult with a surgeon. I'm not supposed to eat fatty foods, dairy, vegetables, fruit, and watch my grain consumption. Which leaves me eating a couple of saltines and drinking water [which gives me horrid heartburn]. My options currently are starve or just eat whatever and pray I don't die.......

I've had problems for almost 2 years now. My bosses step daughter started having problems a month ago and her gallbladder is coming out on monday. I just don't understand......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

That's so stupid. They won't find anything till it kills you. Then they will find it on the autopsy. :smirk2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Kim

Home-made Pizza for dinner tonight!  Yummmm.  Hey, where is my piece of strawberry cream cheese cobbler? Sounds really good! :P

Roscoe

Quote from: Kim on March 23, 2013, 12:47:13 AM
Home-made Pizza for dinner tonight!  Yummmm.  Hey, where is my piece of strawberry cream cheese cobbler? Sounds really good! :P
It's on my counter waiting on you... :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Heather, sounds like that leaves beans, mushrooms, and broth. Oh and Almond milk. That sounds pretty good!  I'll tell ya a fast really helps sometimes besides for spiritual things.  While I am a believer in the Daniel's Fast, a regular just-water fast is just easier. 

A tiny amount of Bragg's apple cider vinegar in your water, as in not even enough to taste, is beneficial for cleansing all your organs.  While it won't drastically reduce your heartburn in such small doses, it will help.

I want some of this strawberry cream cheese cobbler!  Or maybe a recipe? 

In sharing:
Last night of our Anniversary week was tonight.  We went uptown and ate at the Plaza.  It was fun.  I was feeling a little dorky not knowing how cooked I wanted my grilled duck... lol  I guess you don't grill duck well done?  I've only had roasted duck which is cooked through.  For that matter I didn't even know ANY poultry was supposed to be pink.  But I guess this was.  I'm so uncultured.  :ugly:  It was rather lovely though.  Call me weird but on the very rare occasion we get to go on a date, we love to eat earlier than the usual crowd.  Not quite 4:30 but 6 is cutting it close.

When the place started filling up we left to a little coffee shop and talked about goals and vision for the global missions dept.  Our conference is in August!  Time is flying!

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 21, 2013, 04:56:36 AM
got any room for some unskilled labor?

I have more room than imaginable. lol

Went to work, came home, tended fowl and such. 

I'm wore out and stressed and anxious and such.  Bleh.

Work again tomorrow....oy.

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 23, 2013, 03:17:53 AM

I want some of this strawberry cream cheese cobbler!  Or maybe a recipe? 

Yeah, that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:stupid:
Morning, all.... Up and ready to start another cold dreary day....come on, spring! I shall post the receipe for the cobbler in a bit, when I find it- Lou cleaned the bar off before I could rescue my printed copy, so hang tight and I shall retrieve it from my electronic file. It IS delish- I'm enjoying a bowl of it now. :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And here 'tis...STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE COBBLER!!!!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
1 stick ( 1/2 cup) butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 quarts whole strawberries, capped and washed
4 ounces cream cheese, cut in small pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and pour into a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour directly over the butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.

Add the strawberries, arranging in a single layer as much as possible. Sprinkle cream cheese pieces over strawberries. Place in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling. (Crust rises up and around the fruit, but fruit will still peek out of top.)
* I cut the strawberries up, into fourths, because the only "fresh" strawberries Walmart had this time of the year were imported, and were HUGE.*

Lynx

I was looking around town yesterday for a small guitar amp (they make great loudspeakers, and cheaper than a really good boombox) and found a pawn shop with a lot of CDs I had never looked through.  I'd still be there now, but they had to close for the day.  No fair!
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

:hi: to you as well.

Oh, and I did find an amp.  A Fender 38 watt (more than enough for my purpose) that is small enough to carry around easily, for a flat $50.
"Do you sing at church?"

Kim

Quote from: Roscoe on March 23, 2013, 03:15:31 PM
And here 'tis...STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE COBBLER!!!!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
1 stick ( 1/2 cup) butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 quarts whole strawberries, capped and washed   
4 ounces cream cheese, cut in small pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and pour into a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour directly over the butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.

Add the strawberries, arranging in a single layer as much as possible. Sprinkle cream cheese pieces over strawberries. Place in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling. (Crust rises up and around the fruit, but fruit will still peek out of top.)
* I cut the strawberries up, into fourths, because the only "fresh" strawberries Walmart had this time of the year were imported, and were HUGE.*
Gonna have to try that one!

Melody

Nursing service done. 3 want to be baptized!

Now on to section 10 mass choir practice.

Then church to tonight with a Bro. James Littles. I guess he's an awesome teacher, I'm excited! 

Heather

Woke up. Worked out. Got some things out of storage since Brandon is finally building shelves and etc for our spare room. Started laundry. Found his receipts for buying a pack of cigarettes every other day for the past week. Getting ready to warm up some lunch.

I wouldn't even be that mad but he's lied to my face about it. I'll catch him outside working with a cigarette and he'll tell me he had an ashtray in the building and found it. I guessed he was lying to me but now I have proof. And he can't pull the 'they are for dad' line because they are all on days he's worked and are from Chilhowie, Erwin, and Johnson City for single packs. I figured he'd fall off the wagon. Most people do their 1st try but I'm peeved he lied to me about it. What else does he lie to me about? GGRRRRRR!!!!

Lynx

Shame?  Guilt?  It's not easy to deal with failing.  Worse to admit to someone else you failed.  Try to make him understand you are upset that he lied to you, and make it clear you are not upset because he failed.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

It would make me wonder Heather, if he really is ready to quit or if he's just trying to please you. We can unintentionally put people in that position and the effect is they are willing to lie to keep the peace or so they think.

Lynx

By the way, something I've been meaning to ask Roscoe:  Does Arkansas have a deal with Mapquest or what?  Every time I open mapquest, it defaults to Little Rock, AR.  I can enter a zip code or city name for wherever else I want to look at, but Little Rock is where it opens to. Try it yourself and see.  Did the tourism board pay Mapquest, or is Mapquest HQ based there?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: it's raining here.  This is a good thing, it will wash some of that yellow pollen down.

Chseeads

i'm tarred and wore out. 

i have to catch up in here later.

mini

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 23, 2013, 08:30:19 PM
By the way, something I've been meaning to ask Roscoe:  Does Arkansas have a deal with Mapquest or what?  Every time I open mapquest, it defaults to Little Rock, AR.  I can enter a zip code or city name for wherever else I want to look at, but Little Rock is where it opens to. Try it yourself and see.  Did the tourism board pay Mapquest, or is Mapquest HQ based there?

Thats probably because your ip host is located out of Little Rock.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I told him after he stomped around a bit not speaking to me that I'm very proud he went 3 months not smoking. That's awesome for someones 1st try to quit. We talked it over and I told him I'm more upset about the lying than I am the smoking. So things are kinda smoothed over.

Kim

didn't do much of anything today.  thinking about going to clean the bank tonight so i don't have to do it tomorrow.  Might go to my mother-in-law's house tomorrow.  Most people can't say this, but i have a wonderful mother-in-law!!!  I guess after 25 years with her son, she probably figures i'm here to stay! :P