Talk about matters most weighty in SHARING 480

Started by Lynx, March 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

* MelodyB joins the Chel and Ruby hug already in progress.

:grin:

For some reason I'm craving salad. I already had a star crunch and a sprite from upstairs...I can't eat anymore tonight...but I'm really wanting a salad! Weird.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

So, a lady was sharing with me about seeking God on understanding what it means to be a Godly wife and what submission really looks like.  Awesome subject! 

The devil can really say things that tear a woman down, especially if she already is insecure.  The devil tells some women that because they are a woman, it's practically a handicap.  That no matter what, they will always be under a man, weaker than a man, less than a man.  They will always be ruled and they will always serve the man.  They can never be a free leader.  That they will always do the work but their husband will always get the glory and be the face. They could be smarter and more capable and it'll be irrelevant next to a man. It makes some women wonder why God would be so cruel as to make them a woman in the first place. Like being born a permanent slave.  That why couldn't God have made them a man?  Men never want to be women.  Not the sane ones anyway.  Not all women are attacked with those ideas but definitely more and more I see/hear it in these younger women.  I've heard the defeat from women who have simply given up trying to be anything.  Who have no passion for ministry in any capacity.  A lot of those women turn their interest in shallow material things because it's all they can see that they could possibly find value and success in.  Their careers, decorating, fashion, child rearing but in a dysfunctional way, the list is endless.  Obviously not every woman who is successful in any of those things, has given up.

It's very hard for them to wrap their heads around that yes, we will always be less in some ways, but God is sovereign. Within the role we're born into, whether it seems fair or not is the only role we will have any kind of fulfillment in.  We are strongest in submission.  Our influence is exponential when in submission.  Our anointing is perpetual when in submission. And perhaps maybe the hardest one for some to wrap their heads around... we are loved and respected most when we are in submission. That what we have to offer, men DO need to grow in God as well.  Boys need mothers and men need Godly women influencing their lives because men don't have it all figured out yet either.  Oooh, it's SO telling when a man can't handle a woman talking about the Truth of God without feeling prideful/offended... lol  I thank God for a Pastor who appreciates, respects and acknowledges the power and anointing and ministry that God can give a woman.  My pastor has a reverence for elders, men and women.  And in turn, our elders are reverenced by our church and I notice it blossoms  humility to young ministers.

It's just a great subject.  God is sovereign and if he made us women, it is what it is.  If someone still feels like it is unfair, I bring up Gal. 3:28.  The fact that I was created an eternal soul to know and be with the Lord, experience salvation, have a choice in this life, rather than a random animal, is worth far more than which gender He made me.  ♥

Lynx

MellowYellow:  I can't talk on this subject like some could (I ain't even married) but as I always understood it women are different for a very good reason - they are strong in the areas where men are weak, and men are strong in the areas where women are weak.  In other words they work well together because each brings what the other lacks. 

Submission only makes sense if it is understood what each party brings to the table.  Men who try to browbeat women with submission miss out on a lot of what the woman could be helping with, and women who give up on being anything meaningful under the flag of submission miss out on a lot of things they could do to make a difference.

By the same token, women who adamantly refuse to be submissive (submissive in the way the Bible intended, not beaten-down submissive) miss out on a lot of what the man could be providing, and men who let themselves be henpecked miss out on a lot of important things they could be doing. 

Mind you, this is coming from a man who has never even so much as been on a date before, so take with a grain of salt.  Or maybe the whole salt shaker.  :smirk2:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 06, 2013, 06:20:21 AM
MellowYellow:  I can't talk on this subject like some could (I ain't even married) but as I always understood it women are different for a very good reason - they are strong in the areas where men are weak, and men are strong in the areas where women are weak.  In other words they work well together because each brings what the other lacks. 

Submission only makes sense if it is understood what each party brings to the table.  Men who try to browbeat women with submission miss out on a lot of what the woman could be helping with, and women who give up on being anything meaningful under the flag of submission miss out on a lot of things they could do to make a difference.

By the same token, women who adamantly refuse to be submissive (submissive in the way the Bible intended, not beaten-down submissive) miss out on a lot of what the man could be providing, and men who let themselves be henpecked miss out on a lot of important things they could be doing. 

Mind you, this is coming from a man who has never even so much as been on a date before, so take with a grain of salt.  Or maybe the whole salt shaker.  :smirk2:
Salt shaker or no, I don't think you are far off the mark.  :smirk2:
My wife is defiantly the stronger one in some situations, and helps keep my perspective right, just as I  do for her. Partnership is what it's all about. If you truly love one another, being submissive- and accepting that submission- isn't hard at all. Submission does not mean "be a doormat"....and knowing that my wife is a Godly woman who follows the Word puts more pressure on me to be the kind of leader I should be. I kinda think that's how it's supposed to work.  :smirk2: My ramblings...
Now I'm off to begin the day. Thank God for Dr Pepper...:pray:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Somebody took this matters most weighty thing a little too seriously.  :crazy:

Heather

I'm awake. It's snowed. Debating if I even want to try to get to work or just be blah today. When I called to say I'd at least be late I already got attitude from 1 of the girls at work. She lives 4 blocks from work in town. Sorry I live 20 minutes away out in the sticks where Sullivan County does NOTHING to the roads because I'm only 3 miles from the state line.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on March 06, 2013, 12:35:58 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 06, 2013, 06:20:21 AM

Salt shaker or no, I don't think you are far off the mark.  :smirk2:
My wife is defiantly the stronger one in some situations, and helps keep my perspective right, just as I  do for her. Partnership is what it's all about. If you truly love one another, being submissive- and accepting that submission- isn't hard at all. Submission does not mean "be a doormat"....and knowing that my wife is a Godly woman who follows the Word puts more pressure on me to be the kind of leader I should be. I kinda think that's how it's supposed to work.  :smirk2: My ramblings...
Now I'm off to begin the day. Thank God for Dr Pepper...:pray:
It's all about synergy...The interaction of two or more agents or forces (or people) so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects
(Bold section added by me.)
Kinda like the scripture where one can put a 1000 to flight but 2 can put 10,000 to flight

Seth that is a beautiful picture.

Chseeads

This was the kind of snow that stuck to every twig, etc.  It does make it pretty.

Melody

Exactly guys!  It's a great subject.

Please pray for Nathan to find a job. His contract is over in April and nothing in sight yet. He just started corresponding with a guy about a job in Saudi Arabia.  It'd be for a year.

Melody

Wow Seth. That is postcard worthy right there!

I didn't say the partnership stuff because I felt you all knew that. And there are women who before they can wrap their heads around partnership, have to submit to God to even stay married.  Seriously it's hard for them to grasp partnership coupled with submission. Revelation is such a precious gift! 

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on March 06, 2013, 01:43:51 PM
Hey yeah, we did discuss a weighty matter.  Go us!  Go us!   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

You notice that Roscoe ignored the comments about Dominio.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Isaac, that was an excellent post.

An arsonist in the area has already hit two historic churches and several homes. *sigh* It makes me angry and sad at the same time. I hope they catch this person very quickly.

http://www.ktvz.com/news/String-of-likely-arson-fires-hit-two-Bend-churches-homes/-/413192/19199450/-/bbbeha/-/index.html

:beret:

MelodyB

David said he thinks they got him. He was texting me awhile ago when 7 cop cars with lights and sirens zipped thru yalls little town while he was at the bus stop.

I've been busy this morning. Washed clothes, cleaned the kitchen, started supper, made lunch, took the trash out, cleaned out the fridge...not in that order exactly...but it's all done. Now I'm fixing to get in the shower, get dressed, EAT lunch that I fixed, then dad and I are headed to town to round up a homeless guy to help do some things around here.

Melody

Wowsers Ruby, I'm glad they can track them in the snow somewhat.

Lynx

I have not as yet done anything of even moderate value, but I'm already tired just from reading MelodyB's post. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on March 06, 2013, 03:59:35 PM
You notice that Roscoe ignored the comments about Dominio.
:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 06, 2013, 04:09:36 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on March 05, 2013, 11:42:40 PM
Well he is short and stumpy...
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 06, 2013, 12:14:16 AM
And yaps a lot...
Now that was funny.  Sorry Roscoe, but it was. 
:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
I vehemently disagree.
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 06, 2013, 03:02:43 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on March 06, 2013, 01:43:51 PM
Hey yeah, we did discuss a weighty matter.  Go us!  Go us!   :cool:
We do that every time someone mentions Mini.... :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

My wireless crud came and I've got it hooked up.

It kept telling me GP was requesting a password when I tried to get here, but finally came up.  :eyebrow:

Lynx

Okay I got up and did something of moderate value.  I went to get some eggs from a nice lady who has way too many chickens. 

I swear if we had a bird that crowed like those roosters it wouldn't be too long before I'd be having a chicken dinner. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

I'm about to try something different.  Dark chocolate pudding with a jar of marshmallow creme melted into it.  Chocolate fudge pudding?  We'll see how it turns out.  Got some real butter to use in it too.   :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 06, 2013, 05:51:57 PM
Ruby, was this by you?   ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoe5Vjl90-o

Haha!! I want a bear suit like that!! :bigcheese: Oh, the possibilities for pranks that come to mind..... :bigcheese:

:beret: