News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

In Fourteen Hundred Ninety Two, Columbus Posted in Sharing 472

Started by Chseeads, November 05, 2012, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Brandon surprised me at church this evening. I hadn't even thought with everything going on to ask if he was meeting me there or not.

Pray for us. We both have different health issues going on and both jobs have been very stressful lately. Also pray God continues to move and bring to light revelation to his mind and heart.

1 more day of work then I'm taking a 4 day weekend!!! Full of cleaning  :smirk2:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

* Roscoe smacks Seth with a sledgehammer, then shoots his bleeding carcass
:pound: :pound:

Hey, he deserved it. Y'all were feeding his hypochondria.  :hypocrite:

Good morning all. Back at work on my friday. Glory! I could shout.... and in sharing, last night was good. I taught on being a prisoner of war, which kinda went hand in hand with my bible study last wednesday night about Satan's War Tactics. Seemed to go well, even if it wasn't a shout-the-paint-off-the-walls service. Bro Wilson's about to kill me, using me....I think Taco and Mini are going "backchannel" on me and inciting it.  :laughhard:  But I am thankful my man of God trusts me enough to allow me to speak to his flock.

We've had a man with ceberal palsey recently start coming, like two services ago, who claims he has two aunts that are apostolic in another state although he has never been. The first time he walked in I was a little disconcerted, considering that I recognized him from past police dealings, not always in a good light, and I told Bro Wilson he might not stay because of me.  :-\

Surprisingly, he stayed and actually sought me out after service to speak with me, and assured me he would be back. Then, last night, his second visit, he made it a point to come up to the platform as I was leaving after service and told me it was one of the better sermon/lessons he'd heard and he would DEFINATLY see us sunday.  :o  :clap:

He seems to be hungry and has told me some of the things he is battling....if you get a moment, pray for Jerry. He further surprised me by telling me that he'd always saw me as a compassionate, caring officer- which surprised me to no end, since the time period I was dealing with him professionally, I was probably the furthest thing from God, and that description, that  I have ever been. God is truely moving in these days. I counted in my tiny church at a recent service 7 visitors, and they were not all from a family, they were from  4 different families.....that's unheard of for us. And they were adults, not even fudging by counting children.  :clap: :clap2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

The Purple Fuzzy

kmymbir

My only day off this week... I'm happy about that..I think I will celebarate with CHOCOLATE!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

kkay

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

I haven't decided if I think this product is really stupid or really cool.  For those shoes that do not look good with socks but feel better with them or it's too cold out to go w/o. 

http://www.keysocks.com/#!shop/c1xvy

Lynx

I never have understood the attraction of high heels, or the logic in going without socks when it's cold. 

On the other hand, I defy anyone buying a pair of these to say one single thing against my toe shoes.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 08, 2012, 06:13:45 PM
I never have understood the attraction of high heels, or the logic in going without socks when it's cold. 

That's because you're a man. You'll never understand.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 08, 2012, 06:17:33 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 08, 2012, 06:13:45 PM

That's because you're a man. You'll never understand.
Then why don't you just wear skin colored socks?  Who goes around checking to see if a woman's toes show over the edge of her shoes?

Or would other women notice your toes aren't showing and talk about you?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

kkay

I think only some people should be allowed to wear open toed shoes and sandals. Anyone with snaggle-tooth toes should be banned from them.

Roscoe

Quote from: kkay on November 08, 2012, 05:25:13 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on November 08, 2012, 12:38:32 PM
* Roscoe smacks Seth with a big wet smooch!

Hey, he deserved it.

:o
That got you a smite..:pound:
And the fuzzy beast got smited ?smitten? for her mean comment too. I'll have you to know big wet smooches from me are highly desired by at least two beautiful women..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Of course Roscoe would NEVER make a mean comment about anyone *cough*

Roscoe

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 08, 2012, 06:25:11 PMThen why don't you just wear skin colored socks?  Who goes around checking to see if a woman's toes show over the edge of her shoes?

Or would other women notice your toes aren't showing and talk about you?

What are you talking about? Sandals?  Open toed shoes?  The socks in the picture and shoes are just flats.  Toes showing isn't relevant.  It's the top of the foot.  And some thin tights or pantyhose do look ok with those flats but not reg. thicker socks. 

You have to consider that texture is relevant.  Some textures do not mix.  Actual sock material sometimes doesn't look right with certain shoes.  Like wearing top notch thin and slightly sheened dress slacks with a professor's corduroy blazer with elbow patches.  The color may go but the texture does not. So skin colored or not, some socks just wouldn't go with certain shoes.  Now for ME, I only have so many pairs of shoes so I will try and make them as versatile as possible.  Guys don't usually find this applicable to their lifestyle so the understanding is lost on them.  Nathan has work boots, tennis shoes, casual shoes, and dress shoes.  He can wear regular socks with all but dress shoes so he wouldn't get it either.  He would think casual=the same footwear no matter the outfit.  But women don't do that, we have different materials we wear due to weather and occasion.

Why?

Cause God made girls pretty, even our minds.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I own exactly 4 pairs of shoes.

ONE pair for church. Black flats. One pair of flip flops. Two pairs of Nikes. One is older and falling apart, used for working in messy situations, and the other is fairly new.

That is all.

MelodyB

I don't care to own more than that. I dislike all the fru fru go crazy over shoes female stuff.

I am very much a woman, but HATE that woman girly junk. 

MsJennJenn

I was talking more along the lines of the wearing high heels more than the socks. lol
Socks were made for tennis shoes, and some flats. Depends on the flats though. And boots.
Socks were not made for sandals. EVER.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: