News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

No Big Words, Isaac, ol' son, because Roscoe's dense in SHARING 4-7-1!

Started by Roscoe, October 19, 2012, 01:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

My throat is sore.

And I just generally feel bad. All over. It's a common thing these days with me.

Could it be related to the bed I'm sleeping on? It's not the worst thing in the world, but for long term sleeping, over a few nights, it's not very comfortable, and I find I ache in the mornings. Maybe it's something else entirely, like being nearly 32. Lol

Or it could be cause I spent the morning in our moldy house yesterday. *shrug*

Who knows?

Anyway. Taking dad to dialysis. Then maybe a nap when I get home.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Merning.

Hunting at the moment.  Well...sitting here faith my dad and daughter.  Its a youth rifle hunt here, so we had things mapped out well.  I was gonna sit in a stand they have been using and bow hunt while they tried a new spot.  Pa takes me to the stand at 6:30, waits till I walk in, and as I get nearly  to the stand, I realize someone is sitting in it!

Nearly scared the devil outta me.

Some neighbor kid who may or may not have permission snipped our hunting stand.  So I ask him if he is alone (he has a sister my daughter's age who does hunt here) and he says his dad is here...IN OUR OTHER STAND! 

We have 2 stands here, building a third...feeders, and hunting permission and rights.  Being run out of our stands after we set them up, is not what any hunter wants.  If they want to hunt here, work with us and don't take stands....

*sigh*

I need more coffee.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on October 20, 2012, 12:58:17 PM
Merning.

Hunting at the moment.  Well...sitting here faith my dad and daughter.  Its a youth rifle hunt here, so we had things mapped out well.  I was gonna sit in a stand they have been using and bow hunt while they tried a new spot.  Pa takes me to the stand at 6:30, waits till I walk in, and as I get nearly  to the stand, I realize someone is sitting in it!

Nearly scared the devil outta me.

Some neighbor kid who may or may not have permission snipped our hunting stand.  So I ask him if he is alone (he has a sister my daughter's age who does hunt here) and he says his dad is here...IN OUR OTHER STAND! 

We have 2 stands here, building a third...feeders, and hunting permission and rights.  Being run out of our stands after we set them up, is not what any hunter wants.  If they want to hunt here, work with us and don't take stands....

*sigh*

I need more coffee.
You are too kind. I'd have told him and his dad both to leave if I'd done all the work putting the stands up. I cant stand someone that comes in and takes over without my permisson.....

And I am awake. Barely. :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

For no apparent reason I'm reminded of the Jerry Clower tale where he was taking a city dude hunting on Uncle Versie's farm, and pretended to the city dude Uncle Versie had told him he couldn't hunt.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Was mowing the church lawn and a guy stopped and gave me a royal chewing about our grass clippings littering the street.  He sure felt the need to offer me a piece of his mind about it.   

I should have asked him if all his cussing and his gold cross proclaiming his Christianity was a joke or a oxymoron.  Lol
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

You should have stood there talking until a few cars had passed, blowing the grass back to the side of the road, then suddenly pointed and said, "Look!  Problem solved."   :cool:

Reminds me of this guy who was talking about the signs christians have on their cars, and how christians act when they're driving.  He said he was driving behind this lady one time who had a bumper sticker, "Honk if you love Jesus."  He said, "And I did.  And I'm telling you... the sign she gave me!  It let me know one of two things, either she was borrowing that car, or she was in a serious backslidden state!"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

You had a gun, you should've shot the kid out of the tree.  :hypocrite:

Wouldn't have hurt to have shot the crabby grass man either.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Oh, and Poopsie Smoopsie, I'd say the mold is a more likely culprit....

When I worked at IU there was one particular dorm that was horrific, I don't see how people stood to live in it, it had mold all over everything....walls, ceilings....unoccupied rooms had it on the furniture....  If I was in there for extended periods of time it always made me feel like poopossimus.

It was a 14 story high rise....the lower you went from the top down the worse it got.  Pitiful. 

They have remodeled it since that time, hopefully remedied its terrible situation.

MelodyB

Thank you for your expert opinion on the matter.

You are wonderful.

Roscoe

Just got in from the anniversary service....Between 70 and 100 there I would guess. Had good worship, and alot of ministers said great things about my pastor, all of which I knew to be true, then HIS pastor preached. Awesome job.....but the greatest thing that happened was after this.

My pastor's son, who has been one of my best friends for years, and who is a cop currently going through the police academy, backslid around a year ago, maybe a little less. Wouldn't talk about church with anyone, and never gave an inclination to walk back in the door. He showed up today for the service. After the message, the preacher called for Bro Papa's entire family to come to the front, and called Mitch by name. I halfway expected Mitch to storm out.
     The preacher had all the ministers, around 30, come gather around and pray for the family. God forevermore moved... Mitch began crying, and after a bit, took the microphone and began to try to talk, then fell apart. He began worshipping and praying. While I wasn't close enough to see if he'd prayed back through, I received the report that he had indeed been refilled.

I got to talk briefly with him, but didn't say anything for fear of jeapordizing anything God is doing....He has four more weeks of the academy to go through, and that will keep him out of church for that long at any rate. Please pray for his strength and his determination. I honestly cannot tell you what he means to me, he is truely my brother... Man, I am still crying and in amazement of how God works....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 20, 2012, 08:34:39 AM
For future reference an air mattress is cheap, packs away in a small package and is an ever present help in time of a shortage of sleeping surfaces.  I have determined to always have one or two on hand.  You never know who might drop by.   :cool:
If we could ever get him out of Arkansas and up here, that is...
I just read the small print... How did I miss this?  :laughhard: Why should I leave the Promised Land to return to the desert?  :P

Lynx

Desert?  WHO has all the water?  WHO has a water shortage?  Desert did you say?  :P

Did you catch that game list?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 20, 2012, 09:28:43 PM
Desert?  WHO has all the water?  WHO has a water shortage?  Desert did you say?  :P

Did you catch that game list?
Who needs water when they are in a land that "flows with Milk and honey"?  :P

And yes sir- but I think what I'm looking for is more along the "Dora the Explorer"/ Veggietales age group games. Bubba, she's only six.... :biglaugh:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

MelodyB

Roscoe

Roscoe

I assumed the statement was said referring to a song fragment stuck in his head.....but if he meant "Warble Fly"....  :o

"Warble fly is a name given to the genus Hypoderma, large flies which are parasitic on cattle and deer. Other names include "heel flies", "bomb flies", and "gad flies"
No matter. I shall stick with my first assessment...poor thing's gonna starve.  :P

MelodyB

Dude...there is a lovely YouTube video of a warble removal from a baby squirrel! Its very...ummm...educational. Yeah, that's it.

Chseeads

That is the type of warble of which I meant.  :smirk2: 

I have an earache, hence my warble assessment....

And Roscoe.... *smite*

Roscoe

It hurts to think that I would be smited for speaking the truth. But, the Bible shows that heathens have a pattern of hurting the prophets that bring them truth... :hypocrite:

I am up, enjoying the day off. Church at 2 pm with potluck afterwards. Got ten million jillion things I need to do before or immediatley following church, but I'm not seeing that happening.

And you nuts have, as a whole, been entirly too quiet. I expect to see some conversation and fellowship going on when I return. I, your exalted Poster of the Year/ Royalty, have spoken. So get on with it, peasants.  :P

Lynx

You, as Poster of the Year, have duties.  POST!

And I am not one of "you nuts," I'm ketchup.  I got promoted. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 21, 2012, 05:17:42 PM
You, as Poster of the Year, have duties.  POST!

And I am not one of "you nuts," I'm ketchup.  I got promoted. :D
:pound: I have been.  :hypocrite:

And it's time you "ketchup" with the conversations and the fact that I am your better.  :hypocrite: Post, thou varlet.

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 21, 2012, 05:27:39 PM
:yawn:  I need to clean house but would rather take a nap.
" How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:

11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man."

Proverbs 6:9-11
  :hypocrite: