News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Clownin' around in Arkansas- the Taco/RainbowJingles story

Started by Roscoe, August 30, 2012, 11:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on September 07, 2012, 04:41:16 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on September 07, 2012, 04:39:15 PM
KANSAS CITY

I know it's not probable but I just had to put it out there!
LOL. I got enough of Kansas City when I was growing up. My grandmother lived in Independence and my aunt still does. I hated that place...no offense. Of course, Grandma didn't exactly live in the nice part of town.

Oh, I don't live in Kansas City.  The schools are super ghetto.  I'm in a suburb.  Independence has some rough spots too, you're right. 

Lynx

Pigeon Forge isn't quite as bad.  Almost, but not quite.  And they have this one really good go-kart track, you'll be able to recognize it by the big spiral tower you drive up.  Don't go to the official NASCAR track though, it's a big letdown - they shake talcum powder on the road to reduce traction, so you skid more with less real speed.  Lame!

And while you're there, stop by the Russel Stover factory outlet and pick up a few of those 3-pound boxes of factory seconds.  You never know what you're getting per box, but it's always good.  :D  Get each box from a different area of the display, don't get any two boxes that are sitting together. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Car shows in the Pigeon Forge area are AWESOME. If you are a fan of a certain make of car you should check out some of the car things that go on at Bristol Motor Speedway. The super Chevy show is coming up soon. They also have a weekend for Ford and Mopar. Oh and the track is less than a mile from where I'm living  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Roscoe if you can make it in February instead of April, UPCI Tennessee district is having youth retreat up there. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 07, 2012, 06:38:01 PM
Roscoe if you can make it in February instead of April, UPCI Tennessee district is having youth retreat up there.
No way, bro. Our legislative body is in session from January through March. No one who works at the State Capitol is granted vacation in those months. April would be the earliest, and May most likely...
Quote from: HeatherB on September 07, 2012, 06:30:16 PM
Car shows in the Pigeon Forge area are AWESOME. If you are a fan of a certain make of car you should check out some of the car things that go on at Bristol Motor Speedway. The super Chevy show is coming up soon. They also have a weekend for Ford and Mopar. Oh and the track is less than a mile from where I'm living  :cool:
I'm a fan of nearly any car. :biglaugh: I'd love to go to Super chevy, since MOST of my passionate affairs with automobiles are with that namebrand. In fact, I've never owned a Ford, :nono:  even though Mini tried to out me on that by showing where Cadillac was once a Ford company. :smirk2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

You mean they take a holiday nine months out of the year?  :o

Man... I am in the wrong line of work!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 07, 2012, 06:43:50 PM
You mean they take a holiday nine months out of the year?  :o

Man... I am in the wrong line of work!
You and me both.  :smirk2: We have a "part-time" legislature. Ostensibly. Truthfully, though, they milk the system majorly. I think a Representative Salary is around $15K a year, Senator not much more.....BUT- they draw per diem if they live over 50 miles from the Capitol, and are allowed to bill the state for an office, even if they use a closet in their house. Upshot of it is, I know of more than one young representative who lives off of it fulltime with no other job. They can and do draw as much as $50k+ OVER the base salary.
Ideally, they would convene every two years for three months, do the business and go home. An occasional meeting throught the year and done. Then they decided they would meet every other year on fiscal matters and on the off years they would meet for legislative matters.
Buncha crooks racketing the system, for the most part, in my opinion. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

By way of Tennessee.

I'd come over there, but currently my finances are at low ebb.  My own fault though.  I have enough, but not enough extra to go haring off on trips.

And besides, my insanity would probably scare off everyone in the city.   :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on September 07, 2012, 07:05:54 PM
A trip to the Gulf Coast is in order for you, Roscoe.
To be honest- that is probably one of the more likely scenarios, if the budget allows. Lou and Chey have never saw the ocean, or a beach, and P-cola has been in my mind for some time- every since I blazed through there on two wheels years before marriage......
Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 07, 2012, 07:12:10 PM
By way of Tennessee.

I'd come over there, but currently my finances are at low ebb.  My own fault though.  I have enough, but not enough extra to go haring off on trips.

And besides, my insanity would probably scare off everyone in the city.   :roll:
Know what ya mean....Lou and I have cut back, trying to pay some stuff off....How come it takes no time to let your guard down, be a little bit irresponsible, but forever to dig your way back outta debt?!?
Still, God has blessed us WAY more than we deserve, and I am thankful.

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on September 07, 2012, 07:16:27 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on September 07, 2012, 07:05:54 PM
A trip to the Gulf Coast is in order for you, Roscoe.
To be honest- that is probably one of the more likely scenarios, if the budget allows. Lou and Chey have never saw the ocean, or a beach, and P-cola has been in my mind for some time- every since I blazed through there on two wheels years before marriage......
Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 07, 2012, 07:12:10 PM
By way of Tennessee.

Know what ya mean....Lou and I have cut back, trying to pay some stuff off....How come it takes no time to let your guard down, be a little bit irresponsible, but forever to dig your way back outta debt?!?
Still, God has blessed us WAY more than we deserve, and I am thankful.
Your next vacation will be to visit me or I will start sharing stories. :evilgrin:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

RainbowJingles

Roscoe.was.hacked?? Wow. Who on earth would have done THAT??

Roscoe, quit blaming innocent bystander clowns, and just 'fess up that you were gonna let us take Rusty.

:hypocrite:

Roscoe

Quote from: RainbowJingles on September 08, 2012, 02:50:49 AM
Roscoe.was.hacked?? Wow. Who on earth would have done THAT??

Roscoe, quit blaming innocent bystander clowns, and just 'fess up that you were gonna let us take Rusty.

:hypocrite:
:pound: :pound: The 'vette- maybe. After all, with its track record you wouldn't have gotten far, which would've been fine by us. But Rusty?!? NEVER! Never, I say, you hacker.  :pound:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

There is a singles retreat in Gatlinburg, I think it is in November. I thought the place looked pretty, the one time I stopped for (be shocked) _coffee_ on the way up north, years ago. I may go to Viola AR or Alexandri LA next month.

Jason, did he put out any additional 'stop sticks' to try and prevent your leaving? :)

John  :waving:

Lynx

*gets his banjo and starts playing...

"It was down in Louisiana, just about a mile from Texarkana..."
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Time for REVIVAL...of both this thread and at church.:lol:

Although It has been broadcasted on Facebook and other places,I don't think It has been mentioned here.  As I type, Taco and The Clown are enroute to my church. Starting tomorrow night they will be leading a kids crusade/youth event Thursday,Friday, and Saturday nights. Saturday we will have a mini-meet up for any who care to and can show up. Sorry for the minimal notice, but everything  was kinda fluid until very recently.......ya can email or pm me if  any of ya need more info...wish all of You could show.

Roscoe

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

I wish all of us could show too.  Or I wish all of us could live less than 20 minutes from each other.  Y'all need to move over here to Tennessee. 

You never did say what time church starts...  Guess if they show up early they can hit the prayer room though. :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Ummm....I'm pretty sure It is 7pm...I will check. Don't know if Ive heard It mentioned. :lol:. I think Saturday in the a.m./day we might try to get together and see the area. Mini has saw It, even If He comes over, but last time Clown and Taco were here It was raining and we didnt get to cruise much..

Lynx

:sing: Blame it on the rain that was fallin', fallin', blame it on the stars that didn't shine that night  :sing:

So I guess this thread is where you will tell us how the services went? With pics, perhaps?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on June 26, 2013, 02:23:29 PM
Time for REVIVAL...of both this thread and at church.:lol:

Although It has been broadcasted on Facebook and other places,I don't think It has been mentioned here.  As I type, Taco and The Clown are enroute to my church. Starting tomorrow night they will be leading a kids crusade/youth event Thursday,Friday, and Saturday nights. Saturday we will have a mini-meet up for any who care to and can show up. Sorry for the minimal notice, but everything  was kinda fluid until very recently.......ya can email or pm me if  any of ya need more info...wish all of You could show.
too bad we've already got stuff going this weekend.  Some day we are going to get over there.

Nelle

Thought I'd chip in a cent of opinion... Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge is tons better than Branson, especially where lodging is concerned. Also! Branson is more "show-y" than Gatlinburg area. It seems like Branson is more limited in variety of activities. I was trying to find a cabin for our anniversary in Branson, but I finally gave up. Gatlinburg has the market cornered on ease of lodging! (And I like Branson, btw.. LOVE Silver Dollar City!)

Newsman