News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kmymbir

Mel, why are you up so early, the whole day is ahead of you go to bed.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

kmymbir

I had intended to become a top poster, but I'm not sure I have that much to say, I'm only at 400 and something.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

You will never beat me my friend!

And what you mean EARLY? I woke up at 9:30. That was late enough wasn't it?

Well. Pastor called and they were coming out here to shoot their new guns, and said they wanted to talk to me as well. :o I am always freaked out when they want to talk to me. I feel I am in trouble even when I have been being good. So they came, and then they asked me if I wanted to take over the mopping and stuff for Jimmy since he has a job now. I'll have to do it every Monday and Saturday. Its a paying job. Not a whole lot, but a little. And a little is a lot more than I have now! So I agreed and starting on Monday I will be mopping the kitchen, and 4 bathrooms, twice a week.

God provides.

That is all.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Oh, Mel... ya know that book that I recommended to MY a few pages back?... The Do Hard Things book? Well, you need to read it too. :) And don't say I never told you about it when you wait 3 three years to read it and then come back here telling us how wonderful it is. Kinda like a few other titles I've recommended to you in the past... *ahem* :bigcheese:

:beret:

MelodyB

Excuse me? :roll: watch it. :smirk2:

I'm eating fish sticks, and got nice GREEN shamrock shaped cupcakes in the oven for the youth party tomorrow...hey Roscoe...you wanna come inspect these cupcakes? Make sure they are Leprechaun approved?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on March 16, 2012, 07:30:08 PM
Excuse me? :roll: watch it. :smirk2:

I'm eating fish sticks, and got nice GREEN shamrock shaped cupcakes in the oven for the youth party tomorrow...hey Roscoe...you wanna come inspect these cupcakes? Make sure they are Leprechaun approved?
:pound: :pound:

My first post today- been busy. I had to turn in the rental car, go pick Lou's car up from the shop, and go by the library before I could come home. It was such a beautiful day, I cleaned the yard, mowed it, and got ready for a trip to the scrap yard. I've gotta get things straight so I can concentrate on Rusty.
While cleaning the yard- for those of you not on facebook - I found the first Copperhead of the season. He apparently had digestion problems- he didn't digest the bullet I fed him worth a darn.  :lol:
Now- I'm off to put some pork steak in the oven for dinner. And, while I was at the library, I discovered an "Amish Friends Cookbook". Tons of recipes, some of which will make their way to my table this week. :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

First ones didn't quite look the way I intended. But maybe the second batch will. Then I have two more batches to go.

MelodyB

These cupcakes are also egg free. We go ahead and do egg free stuff for the youth if we can, cause Olivia is always mingling around, and if someone feeds her off of their plate, she won't get sick.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 16, 2012, 07:48:37 PM
While cleaning the yard- for those of you not on facebook - I found the first Copperhead of the season. He apparently had digestion problems- he didn't digest the bullet I fed him worth a darn.  :lol:
I had a good laugh at that one.  Copperheads are serious business, and digestion problems are too, but that one made me laugh. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

*kicks Seth for no reason other than that he was there*

Mel. I'm crushed. How could you roll your eyes at me and tell me to watch it? And in such a rude and disrespectful manner, too... when all I'm doing is trying to help you here!... *sniffles sadly*

:bigcheese:

:beret:

kmymbir

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on March 16, 2012, 08:03:35 PM
These cupcakes are also egg free. We go ahead and do egg free stuff for the youth if we can, cause Olivia is always mingling around, and if someone feeds her off of their plate, she won't get sick.

Mel, you can substitute eggs in any baking recipe for ground flax.  1 TB of ground flax+ 3TB of water, let sit just for a few minutes= 1 egg.  I just made Hannah's strawberry cake (going to be an ice cream cake with orange sherbert) and subbed all the eggs. It called for 3 eggs so I used 3TB of flax+ 9TBs of water set in the bowl for a few minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.  Flax is far less expensive as well in the long run than store bought eggs.  It doesn't affect the taste but it is healthy.  It will have the same consistancy of an egg.  Flax is just a grain.

MelodyB

Kimber! I thought all this time you were already potty trained! :o

:flush:

In bathroom news, Dad has been working diligently on the plumbing problem, it's flushing really good now! :flush:

Ruby... Glad to see you around today...and in such a great mood too! :roll:

;) *HUG*

And Melodya...Krissy bought some stuff...powdered stuff for $6.99, and the one box has lasted her a LONG time, like over a year. 1.5 teaspoons of powder, 2 tablespoons of water = 1 egg. I used that and it works great! Mix it and it's all foamy like an egg white, and then just add it to whatever you make.

I have 39 green shamrock cupcakes cooling. I'll decorate them later. Gotta take Wayne home in a few mins.

I hate cupcakes. Ugh. Lol

kmymbir

I want TWO cupcakes, I wanna take home to bubby, He can not eat eggs either.

MelodyB

kmymbir

MelodyB

I committed to helping Ann with Jimmy's party tomorrow.

I'm finished with all the cupcakes though!! They look better than I thought they would!

MelodyB

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on March 16, 2012, 02:27:00 PM
I have made devils float before! I got the recipe out of the UPCI Reflections cookbook. It is pretty good, but not what I imagine this to be like. This one looks far more sinful.

So you're saying Granny (chocolate cobbler) is meaner than the Devil?  :o

MelodyB

Chseeads

Been cleaning up old dead weeds and leaves and such to prepare to sow some grass seed in the chicken pastures.  And such.  In between having issues.

:smirk2:

Eating an RBP.  Gotta go finish shutting up the birds for the night.

I need to cut my hair before I take a shower...I don't want to, but it needs it...I don't know if the want or the need will win....