News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe wins his job back (He was fired recently)

Started by Scott, July 13, 2011, 04:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

One of the local officers who were fired for threatening to pistol whip city leaders has gotten his job back.

Both of the officers made a plea to get their jobs back, but only Officer Roscoe was rehired. 

City Mayor Ken Wilbur was forced to reconsider his initial decision of firing these two officers after talks of a potential lawsuit surfaced.

His decision remained unchanged for Sgt. Dana Heckart, saying the threats he made were too serious to dismiss.

An audio recording was secretly made during a meeting with patrol officers in 2010.They were upset with council over proposed job cuts and hikes in insurance rates.

While the mayor said he understands this was a military tactic to motivate workers, he reminds them this is not the military it is the city Police Department that deserves the public's trust.

He went on to say "I would like to personally as you and all citizens to give support to our officers and all of our city employees. This has not been easy for them and we need to move forward."

Officer Roscoe will also face a demotion in rank and pay and must attend anger management sessions when he returns to the police force.

The city is also searching for a new police chief and council members said it is not connected to the incident with these two officers.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle