Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

dingbats can count to three in dingbats thread # 33

Started by JonathanHarper, May 16, 2008, 04:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Am I off the hook yet?

Hah!

I just read this entire thread...I miss me some Dingbats.

But...life is different now. WE are different. But I miss yall. :(
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Jon_W

I might have asked this earlier, but how do you define a dingbat
Some minds are like concrete
Thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

Newsman

Even though I'm an honorary Dingbat, I'll leave it to one of the Originals, Lady Melody, to go over that again, if she desires.

John  :waving:

MelodyB

Quote from: MelodyB on August 19, 2008, 04:45:20 PM

Quote from: Sister_Mom on June 25, 2008, 06:18:46 PM
Actuallyl, I thin Melody gives the best answer on this one, especially since she was an "original" Dingbat.

But I'll try to satisfy your curiosity until she comes in with a more clear answer.

The Dingbats were originally a group of people who met up in Pensacola FL who found common ground when the "Ding"  :idea: became a "visible ding". When the light started coming on for the whole group, they all began to have understanding of hidden meanings and inside jokes and all around goofiness, the ding was visible everywhere and they became the Dingbats.
The group decided to stay in touch via GP and here they are were.  :-(

The Dingats were once thought to be a group of Floridians, but there was one in Texas and one in Indiana, then others wanted to be dingy...... er, ummmm, I mean, join the Dingbats, so now the Dingbats are from all over the states, and could become worldwide Dingbattiness. :silly:

Most of the Dingbats know each other in person, but many of them no longer post here and others have been adopted or didn't want to be adopted and became honorary Dingbats (truthfully, I think they are in Dingbat denial). So the commonality between the Dingbats? That remains to be the unanswered question.  :biglaugh: Maybe Melody can help there.  :freaky2:
Quote from: MelodyB on June 26, 2008, 08:49:39 AM
Ok..the Dingbats...

Yeah, in Aug of 2004, Justin and I went to Pensacola and met up with some friends of ours and went to Singles conference. We had a blast! And I took like 4 hours worth of hilarious video! It was awesome! During the course of the weekend, there were TONS of blonde moments provided by Jolene and Tiffany, and a few by my own self...when the light bulb did finally appear, we would shout "DING!" There are a few of those moments actually caught on the tape...

When the weekend was over, I convinced Jolene to join GP, and she did, Tiffany did too, but she fell by the wayside, and never posted after the first week. But Jolene was a staple here for quite awhile. She has since deserted us, but I will tell her to come back and make an appearance and post the picture of the 7 original Dingbats when I talk to her tomorrow. We made a thread here when we got back, and we called it the "Florida Dingbats" Thats how the name was born.

Since then, there have been many people here that we have convinced to become a Dingbat, but none have stuck around...Justin and I are the only remaining original ones that still post, with guest appearances by Jolene...like the one she will make tomorrow. :)

If I can ever get the Dingbat video on DVD, I will be posting the highlights of it on YouTube, and yall will have some awesome stuff to laugh at. :)

There yall go... TWO explainations. ;)

DQPcola

The original dingbats...prior to addition of SisMom & Rissa
I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

When everything is coming your way, You're in the wrong lane.

If Barbie is so popular, Why do you have to buy her friends?

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

MelodyB

That is INSANE!! And you are so short and skinny! Look at little Justin! And Shawn! Wow.

DQPcola

:pound: yes i was skinny...that's cuz i was broke as all get out

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

MelodyB

Those were our ramen noodle days. And where it was more important to hang out and have fun rather than eat.

DQPcola

ramen noodle & sharing dinners with your $2 one fry....

MelodyB

Lord. My $2 broke self. One fry and a water. Yeah those were the days. Lol

DQPcola

MelodyB

JonathanHarper

wow... just refound this place, it's crazy!  I have a two kids, one's almost four and the other is a year and a half. . . . LIFE IS CRAZY!

MelodyB

Ahhh....for the Dingbat days.

When I was secure in who I was and didn't let life get in my way of the things I wanted to do.

Ramen noodles. Lol

Lynx

What?  Nobody locked this old thread yet? 

Let's drive it up to 20 pages!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: