News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Ask Mr & Mrs Yosemite

Started by Sis, April 29, 2008, 04:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

How are ya?

Do you always take Mrs Yo on your trips?

Do you like being a trucker?

Is your yard getting put together?

sunlight

What do you guys have planned for June 5-th through the 8th? :D
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

What did yall think of Mom and Bro Dad?

Will you be going back to NC to visit more often?

Who do you drive for?

How long have you been driving?

Do you haul hazardous stuff or freight?

Do you enjoy being OTR?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

yosemite

i used to love trucking! i've been all over us. i usually go to south carolina and north carolina. i drive for a mattress co. called capital bedding. the co. has split into two groups factory and trucking div.. the trucking div. is called ww/trucking. most sholl nuff drivers wouldnt call this a trucking job. i'm home too much to be a legendary trucker. but i can put most of the wet behind the ears drivers to shame. i still drive for 8-13 hrs straight and put off a stop then go to the next one,etc.,etc.. when i'm on the road i generally work about 24-30 hrs before i rest. this messes a person up. my appetite is off,sleep pattern is off,and puts me in a slump when i get home. i've been driving for about 15yrs OTR. have driven a truck all my life,since i could reach pedals. dad let me drive an old dump buckett around home some when i was about 10. now 40.  i do not and will not haual haz mat. there are too many thing to go wrong with that and ticketts for haz mat loads are high.
                mrs.yo goes on ocasion,not all the time. she is currently looking for a job but hasnt found one since Ms is so slow right now.
    i will definatly be going back to NC to visit. bro.dad and sis.mom are cool. i like them alot.
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

yosemite

hahaha!!! yard is coming along very well,although mrs.yo is getting tired of mowing already. i guess i could help a little,but id miss to much GP....LOL
        should i put a thread up for trip locations to see if others would be able to meet.what would i call it. leeettts seee.  what about on the road again. ROFL
                    while on the road i have taken many nice pictures of the western landscape,the cross at groom,tx,and many city skylines. i even have one of statue of liberty-you can just barely make it out with a magnifing glass.  i guess i like driving alright,but i like it at home better. too much stuff going on in the world right now to be safe on the road. i talked about this a little on bible guestions-awaken started by onli-one-johovi. i also have xm radio and enjoy listening to conspiracy talk radio while driving to keep me awake. i know a lot of this is fiction but there are a lot of interesting questions being talked about. for more info on the current financial and government conspiracies look at prison planet.com or coast to coast am.com, C.toC. am is a variety conspiracy talk ranging all over the spectrum-aliens and such. i also like family talk channel and enlighten gospel music channel.
                                             thnx yo-allen
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Sis

Quotelistening to conspiracy talk radio

:laughat:

Yeah, I'd be interested in a thread about your travels.

yosemite

about my travels,or where im going next? or both? where would i put it? i could put it in the important news if i add travel stories with interesting end time developments as seen from a truckers view. or in general dis. if just stories and where next.

june 5th??? (tip) a truck driver lives by the seat of his pants,and has to shoot from the hip, in other words i duno.   why?? if a meet up i'll try to be there if at all possible.
                                                      thnx yo-allen

sunlight

yeah. Check out the Oklahoma Meeting thread... ill have to see if i can find a link. The dates are the 5th through the 8th
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Sister_Mom

Quote from: yosemite on May 02, 2008, 09:18:18 PM
about my travels,or where im going next? or both? where would i put it? i could put it in the important news if i add travel stories with interesting end time developments as seen from a truckers view. or in general dis. if just stories and where next.

june 5th??? (tip) a truck driver lives by the seat of his pants,and has to shoot from the hip, in other words i duno.   why?? if a meet up i'll try to be there if at all possible.
                                                      thnx yo-allen

One of ya'll start a thread about your travels already, ok?  :pound:

:biglaugh:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Sis

Quotea truck driver lives by the seat of his pants,

:laughat:

Put it in the General Discussion.

yosemite

ok,i'll start it soon. watch for general discussion's "a trucker lives by the seat of his pants."    as the wheels turn,places,pics,pot luck,police and politics.

Brother Dad

Be sure and include pictures
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

yosemite

yosemite

The Purple Fuzzy

yosemite

some times the road gets to me when im to involved in it. i have driven enuff to predict what people are gonna do,but when i start to concentrate on that i get raged. i can tell by the way a person drives what they will do. some take too many chances. i've been cut off short,people stop short in front of me, people stay in blind spot,blinded by high beams-this irritates me to no end. people think because we dont have a back glass we arent botherd by high beams- we are by way of our mirrors. another thing i cant stand is when they insist on riding right beside me. if i had a blow out on a tire beside them it would demolish their car. just because we have more tires and brakes dont let yourself be deceived, 80,000 pounds cant stop quickly. at an average interstate speed it would take almost a quarter of a mile to come to a complete stop safely. i could give a lot of tips on how to drive when near a truck. vacation season is hear and some need them when driving a camper or rv.                 thnx-yo

Sis

Quote from: yosemite on May 05, 2008, 07:35:00 PM
some times the road gets to me when im to involved in it. i have driven enuff to predict what people are gonna do,but when i start to concentrate on that i get raged. i can tell by the way a person drives what they will do. some take too many chances. i've been cut off short,people stop short in front of me, people stay in blind spot,blinded by high beams-this irritates me to no end. people think because we dont have a back glass we arent botherd by high beams- we are by way of our mirrors. another thing i cant stand is when they insist on riding right beside me. if i had a blow out on a tire beside them it would demolish their car. just because we have more tires and brakes dont let yourself be deceived, 80,000 pounds cant stop quickly. at an average interstate speed it would take almost a quarter of a mile to come to a complete stop safely. i could give a lot of tips on how to drive when near a truck. vacation season is hear and some need them when driving a camper or rv.                 thnx-yo

That's interesting. Never heard it from a trucker's perspective before. I didn't think my highs would even REACH your mirrors. And I can't stand driving next to a truck. Want to be either ahead or way behind. Got into an accident (a minor one, everyone was fine) because of a trucker and black ice. *Shivers*  Truckers just can't hear the horns on little cars.

Brother Dad

Hey Brother Yo I think it would be awesome to maybe post tips on highways safety.  I think it helps even if we know some of them to be reminded.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Brother Dad on May 06, 2008, 03:15:33 PM
Hey Brother Yo I think it would be awesome to maybe post tips on highways safety.  I think it helps even if we know some of them to be reminded.

You got somebody particular in mind?  :hypocrite:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sister_Mom

yosemite

yeah!! i got tips but fear i might offend some one that has a grudge against trucks. but will give a few.

1.trucks are tall and can see over you and cars in front of you so in rain,fog or general bad weather they can see alot better than you and will get in left lane so they can travel at their normal highway speed.-avoid left lane at all costs during this weather or at least get in and out of this lane quickly. remember trucks are tall. while you are in your car in the rain your getting road spray and the rain,we only get rain.(unless following another big truck)
some times you will see a truck following another truck too close and is wrong to do so but they are probly keeping in comunication on cb radio.

2. it is vacation time. roads will be packed with people trying to go fast. when speed limit is 70 drop to 65-68mls hr and you wont have to make a lot of lane changes and odds drop of having an accident. let the wild ones go!!  avoid clusters-bunched up traffic. this is a potential road rage gathering and people tend to make bad judgement here.

3. fridaynights and saturdaynights are always bad for partygoers. from 6-10pm
people are going to parties. 12-4am they are leaving them and may be intoxicated. be carefull and expect the unexpected. it is the season for kids to be out and about with graduation and summer comming on.

4.trucks headlights will always seem bright since they are at eye level when you are in your car. dont blind them with high beams to get him to dim cause if they are dim just think how much more your gonna be blinded when he shows you his actual high beams. now both of you are blinded!!
(truckers have a little trick they use to see street signs. we tilt the right light to the right and upward a little.) this cause a person to think driver has a weak light on right and bright light on left.

ok thats enuff for today.    whats the tape for? give us your oppion too!!
                     thanks yosemite-allen

Brother Dad

Quote from: yosemite on May 06, 2008, 04:47:35 PM
  whats the tape for?

Maybe sister Mom don't want Melody saying noting bout driving.  Sister Mom drives good and we get there fast.

yosemite

yeah women tend to get there fast. i tell my wife to slow down all the time. she'll say i aint speeding i'm just making time.LOL-yo

Sis

Have you ever had/seen road rage first hand? Tell some stories.