News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

starlight starbright, lets ask sunlight tonight

Started by Babs, December 30, 2007, 11:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashlee

Forget that!  I wanna know what my fortune is.   When am I gonna get rich?

sunlight

the fortune cookie, as we know it, began long ago, but has only recently in the last year (to my knowledge) evolved into another free advertizing gimmick, where you open the cookie and expect to have some insane bit of information in there... only to find the following:

Enjoy your dinner? Buy one to go too!

yeah, thats a fortune for sure... my foot!

and TeacheroftheLord... you sure you want to ask me what your fortune is? lol! that could get a little scary! I could come up with some pretty random answers there... in fitting with my random self
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Chel........... LOL

What does depizzaing mean?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

depizzaing- its what i do after getting off work. It's the act of getting the smell of Mazzio's off of me. Sometimes its harder than others... lol.

MelodyB

Babs

The fortune cookie was invented in 1916 by George Jung, a Los Angeles noodlemaker.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Newsman

Now, THAT's usin' your noodle, or Google!  :laughhard:

John  :waving:

sunlight

Hey! what are you saying! BOL
ohh...
* sunlight shuts up for a full 10 seconds...

SippinTea

*Hugs* Chel for being random. 'Cause sometimes her randomness comes at just the right time. SO the right time. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

I got a hug from Chel too! YAY! Thanks Chel...but I got it earlier, I just didnt say anything.

*HUGS* Chel too. ;)

sunlight

hehe... I am a good randomizer... ohh man... i have something i need to tell you 2... the word randomizer brought it to my mind... its not good, in my opinion, but many would think its a good thing... you will have to ask me about it sometime not on here... lol! its funny, but sad for me, LOL, and def not something you can talk about to anyone...

MelodyB

:o

Uh oh.

*HUGS* Chel again...

Ruby...feel up to a confrence IM tonight again?

SippinTea

Maybe. I've got my lesson tonight though, so I'm not sure what time I'll be back online.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

With all those questions about the traveling and trip stuff that you were asking me earlier tonight, are you at least thinking about going to the wedding?

sunlight

yea, dont see how it is possible though. I have class that mon and tues that i would have to miss, and clinicals i would have to find a way to reschedule. I'm still thinking about it though... it would be really neat.
hmm,
* sunlight checks the price of a one way ticket home

MelodyB

Ummmm a one way ticket home? Are you thinking of riding with me? Cause you didnt tell me THAT. But you need to let me know. LOL

sunlight

no, it was a phrase used here by some of my older relatives when they really want to do something but know's it isnt possible to do it at the moment... like go to heaven... thus the one way ticket home... meaning they are ready to go to heaven, but its not possible to do at the moment. LOL, sorry for the confusion!

Ashlee

you know, I just realized how much of an oxymoron this thread is sunlight tonight?  weird.

sunlight

Newsman

Lady Chel,

What type(s) of music do you like?

John  :waving:

sunlight

I have a huge music collection... BUT... it is all Christian. I didn't like what listening to non-christian lyrics was doing to my thought process, and even my attitude... so I decided to just listen to Music that serves the purpose it was created for... to glorify God. (although i have listened to and liked some things that dont fall under the totally christian title... like Phantom of the Opera, and the Wizards in winter by Trans-Siberian Orgchestra,  its pretty amazing... here are a couple random links to it... the last two are a light show to it with christmas lights thats kinda neat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CCSeugClR8 and http://www.metacafe.com/watch/45390/wizards_of_winter/ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-B5A4iJZyo&NR=1 )

under the catergory of Christian... i like almost anything except Christian rock or rap. I never have been able to get past the fact that the beat influences the impact of the music... so much sometimes that it can possibly negate the words... or make the song somehow cheaper. (please note that this is a personal opinion and you don't have to agree with it... so don't get mad if you disagree with me please! Thanks!)

I grew up listening to Bluegrass and my dad playing the banjo, my uncle on the fiddle, and my sis on the mandolin while my other uncle and papa played the guitar... I have friends who sing in a country-christain type band, some who sing in a contemporary band, so i like at least some of these areas. I could list off tons of artists that i have in my computer, but that would take forever... Most Christan artists have at least one song that i like... lol

I have a special place in me that LOVEs the old hymns... like the ones out of the songbook... and the ones out of the songbooks before they replaced them with the ones we have now... you know... as long as we live as humans... the songs we sang about hundreds of years ago.... God is still the same and does what he did back then.

I also like most of IBC, JMC, and other chiors too. Its neat hearing tons of voices praising God like that! and they do a great job of drowning me out when i sing along too! lol

The songs i like the most are the ones that make me think, and realize just how blessed i am.

I think i wrote a book... lol

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

Quote from: sunlight on February 10, 2008, 08:10:54 AM
I have a huge music collection... BUT... it is all Christian. I didn't like what listening to non-christian lyrics was doing to my thought process, and even my attitude... so I decided to just listen to Music that serves the purpose it was created for... to glorify God. (although i have listened to and liked some things that dont fall under the totally christian title... like Phantom of the Opera, and the Wizards in winter by Trans-Siberian Orgchestra,  its pretty amazing... here are a couple random links to it... the last two are a light show to it with christmas lights thats kinda neat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CCSeugClR8 and http://www.metacafe.com/watch/45390/wizards_of_winter/ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-B5A4iJZyo&NR=1 )

under the catergory of Christian... i like almost anything except Christian rock or rap. I never have been able to get past the fact that the beat influences the impact of the music... so much sometimes that it can possibly negate the words... or make the song somehow cheaper. (please note that this is a personal opinion and you don't have to agree with it... so don't get mad if you disagree with me please! Thanks!)

I grew up listening to Bluegrass and my dad playing the banjo, my uncle on the fiddle, and my sis on the mandolin while my other uncle and papa played the guitar... I have friends who sing in a country-christain type band, some who sing in a contemporary band, so i like at least some of these areas. I could list off tons of artists that i have in my computer, but that would take forever... Most Christan artists have at least one song that i like... lol

I have a special place in me that LOVEs the old hymns... like the ones out of the songbook... and the ones out of the songbooks before they replaced them with the ones we have now... you know... as long as we live as humans... the songs we sang about hundreds of years ago.... God is still the same and does what he did back then.

I also like most of IBC, JMC, and other chiors too. Its neat hearing tons of voices praising God like that! and they do a great job of drowning me out when i sing along too! lol

The songs i like the most are the ones that make me think, and realize just how blessed i am.

I think i wrote a book... lol

WOW...Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto...I SO could have wrote that whole thing myself....

I have been thinking about you today. I loaded "Be Still" on my Ipod last night, and I have been singing it all day... :sing: "We are not alone....." :sing: That part makes me think of you.

:)

I got a sermon tape you need to hear about Music... You will love it. If you feel that way about it, you will love this sermon, it is one of my all time favorites.

Have you ever been to Youth Congress? If so, did you go in 2001? In Atlanta? Thats where I heard this sermon, and when I changed my whole view about music, and what I listen to. When I cam home from that trip, I threw most of my "Christian" cds away...its all about the spirit behind the music.

Awesome post!!

sunlight

No, i have never been to youth congress, not even in 2001... lol.
And i love the song "be still" .. although im not sure that is the title of it? or is it? are we even talking about the same song? lol. i have lots of songs that i dont call by the name that they are supposed to be called, cause i can never remember it!

Ashlee

Chel, why am I so misunderstood? Why can't everyone see how sweet and innocent I really am?  :hypocrite: