starlight starbright, lets ask sunlight tonight

Started by Babs, December 30, 2007, 11:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B

Did you get wet on the drive home yesterday? :up2:

B

sunlight

why of course not!

but on the drive home this morning...Yes! I did! haha! I had just FINALLY gotten to my car at like 1:30, so i drove for a while to find a waterburger so i could charge my dead phone, so i got a honey-chicken-biscuit and a cup of tea, charged it for a few min so it would last till i got home, and then went again cause i wanted to get home before 3. Well... i was driving, and taking a drink of my tea... and all the sudden wondered why my lap was getting so cold so suddenly. haha! apparently the lid wasnt on all the way and i spilled it all down my skirt! i was glad i had already stopped and gone to the RR... or it would have been great seeing all the funny looks i got if i did stop again! haha!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

B

rofl! Sweet! I'm glad you posted the full story. :teeth:

B

sunlight

ha! i'm glad you worded it 'did you get wet' instead of 'did you wet yourself' like i would have! haha!

B

lol Oh, it definitely crossed my mind, and were it not visible to the general public, I probably would have. *mischievous grin* I figured I'd be nice, though. haha!

B

sunlight

I think i got what i was supposed to get from Ruby faster than i got this tape Mel! haha! i had actually forgotten all about it, but just reread some of my stupidness in my thread, and saw it!

ohh... and to answer a random question i saw from someone elses thread... i honestly do think i would be my friend if i were someone else. I know i have a lot to work on... but i'm not too bad... sometimes.
Quote from: MelodyB on February 10, 2008, 07:21:31 PM
The one I sent you over Yahoo that night after our talk. Remember? You know it. You loved it. LOL

PM me your address, I will have to send you a copy of that tape I am talking about...(That is if you promise to listen to it...SOME people, who shall remain nameless, wont listen to tapes I send them, even if I KNOW they need to hear them... *cough* ) Right Ruby?

MelodyB

I forgot what tape that was...and if you are waiting on Ruby to send you something...you better bring a book. :P

Ill go back and read what I was talking about, and I WILL send it to ya. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Quote from: MelodyB on February 10, 2008, 10:40:32 AM
Quote from: sunlight on February 10, 2008, 08:10:54 AM
I have a huge music collection... BUT... it is all Christian. I didn't like what listening to non-christian lyrics was doing to my thought process, and even my attitude... so I decided to just listen to Music that serves the purpose it was created for... to glorify God. (although i have listened to and liked some things that dont fall under the totally christian title... like Phantom of the Opera, and the Wizards in winter by Trans-Siberian Orgchestra,  its pretty amazing... here are a couple random links to it... the last two are a light show to it with christmas lights thats kinda neat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CCSeugClR8 and http://www.metacafe.com/watch/45390/wizards_of_winter/ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-B5A4iJZyo&NR=1 )

under the catergory of Christian... i like almost anything except Christian rock or rap. I never have been able to get past the fact that the beat influences the impact of the music... so much sometimes that it can possibly negate the words... or make the song somehow cheaper. (please note that this is a personal opinion and you don't have to agree with it... so don't get mad if you disagree with me please! Thanks!)

I grew up listening to Bluegrass and my dad playing the banjo, my uncle on the fiddle, and my sis on the mandolin while my other uncle and papa played the guitar... I have friends who sing in a country-christain type band, some who sing in a contemporary band, so i like at least some of these areas. I could list off tons of artists that i have in my computer, but that would take forever... Most Christan artists have at least one song that i like... lol

I have a special place in me that LOVEs the old hymns... like the ones out of the songbook... and the ones out of the songbooks before they replaced them with the ones we have now... you know... as long as we live as humans... the songs we sang about hundreds of years ago.... God is still the same and does what he did back then.

I also like most of IBC, JMC, and other chiors too. Its neat hearing tons of voices praising God like that! and they do a great job of drowning me out when i sing along too! lol

The songs i like the most are the ones that make me think, and realize just how blessed i am.

I think i wrote a book... lol

WOW...Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto...I SO could have wrote that whole thing myself....

I have been thinking about you today. I loaded "Be Still" on my Ipod last night, and I have been singing it all day... :sing: "We are not alone....." :sing: That part makes me think of you.

:)

I got a sermon tape you need to hear about Music... You will love it. If you feel that way about it, you will love this sermon, it is one of my all time favorites.

Have you ever been to Youth Congress? If so, did you go in 2001? In Atlanta? Thats where I heard this sermon, and when I changed my whole view about music, and what I listen to. When I cam home from that trip, I threw most of my "Christian" cds away...its all about the spirit behind the music.

Awesome post!!

Ding. OK, I know what it is now.

I will get right on that.

I bet Ill beat Ruby.

:chairspin:

SippinTea

:o Umm, Chel? Was I supposed to be sending you something?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

sunlight

SippinTea

*whew* Okay, that's what I was hoping. lol

And btw... I'm still :pout:

MelodyB

what is the code for that one? I need to use that one tonight too, and Im too lazy to look for it.

sunlight

Quote from: SippinTea on April 07, 2008, 06:40:25 AM
And btw... I'm still :pout:

me too on the inside. I feel like im not telling the truth cause im trying to want to go back to school... and its not working.  

and mel.. it's pout

MelodyB

Sis

sunlight

you can come to the one next year at my house! im in pretty much central america... and its close to all the okies... and i have the place, and the room, so yeah!

SippinTea

Chel,

Did you know you are amazing? Stupendiferous? Delightful? Thoughtful? Generous? Awesome?

You TOTALLY made my day! I have a feeling I'm not gonna get anything done at work tomorrow. LOL I'll be watching the clock to see how soon I can go back to my piano. :P

*really, really tight hug*

Humongous thank you!!

iridiscente

Did you know that you're the best person in the world to have for a sister and friend? :roll:

sunlight

Quote from: SippinTea on April 11, 2008, 04:41:52 AM
Chel,

Did you know you are amazing? Stupendiferous? Delightful? Thoughtful? Generous? Awesome?

You TOTALLY made my day! I have a feeling I'm not gonna get anything done at work tomorrow. LOL I'll be watching the clock to see how soon I can go back to my piano. :P

*really, really tight hug*

Humongous thank you!!

awww... thanks for the hug! I'm glad you are going to have a great day! haha! just remember... everything you say about me? You are better. so there! haha!
I mean.. uhh... thanks. LOL!

Quote from: iridiscente on April 11, 2008, 08:13:01 PM
Did you know that you're the best person in the world to have for a sister and friend? :roll:
amo a mi hermana! Ella es muy hermosa y fuerte y buena!

iridiscente

Quote from: Sis on January 02, 2008, 12:34:45 AM
Stevebert heard your first song and said, "She should be singing solos." I agree!

A certain brother-in-law has said the same thing many times.

iridiscente

So if I'm high-strung, like a horse and you're stubborn like a mule... where does that leave our bro?

sunlight

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: sunlight on April 07, 2008, 08:10:57 AM
you can come to the one next year at my house! im in pretty much central america... and its close to all the okies... and i have the place, and the room, so yeah!
Are you inviting folks to our house again?  LOL  I suppose you want me to cook...

SippinTea

Yes, please. :) But I promise to help if I come. ;)

I never wanted to visit Texas, but between Chel and Chris and Aaron talking about how great it is... a visit to Texas is sounding better all the time. lol

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel has been telling me how awesome you are, so I will second your invitation myself! (but you have to wait until after she graduates and cleans her room) ;)