JD's Fabulous, Indisputably Logical, College Football Rankings - week 4

Started by jdcord, September 26, 2007, 02:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdcord

JD's Fabulous, Indisputably Logical, College Football Rankings
Week 4

1.  LSU Tigers

Have literally "toyed with" two top 20 teams - Va. Tech. and So. Carolina, respectively - and managed to do so in the South Carolina game even though they were dealing with several injuries to significant players (on both offense and defense), not to mention playing in a deluge of almost biblical proportions.  Does this team even have a weakness?  So far they've given no signs of one.

2.  Oklahoma Sooners

Averaging a ridiculous 61.something  points per game, including hanging 51 points (their season low ) against the same Miami Hurricanes' defense that absolutely throttled Texas A&M last Thursday night.  The defense is playing great, and the offensive line is massive, athletic, and dominating!

3.  USC Trojans

They looked very impressive in their signature game to date - on the road against Nebraska  2 weeks ago.  However, that was before lowly Ball State went into Cornhusker nation and hung over 600 yards of offense and 41 points (and were it not for a missed field goal at the end of the game, a victory as well) against that same Nebraska team.  So maybe that signature game for the Trojans wasn't quite so "signature" after all.  Still, they appear to be a very good team, in what is becoming a long line of very good USC teams.

4.  Boston College Eagles

They've beaten Wake Forest, NC State, and Georgia Tech., and no one else on this list has defeated 3 BCS conference teams (or even played 3 of them, for that matter), so I've got to give the Eagles the nod here, even though that situation will almost certainly change in the coming weeks.

5.  Florida Gators

The offense looks great.  The defense, not so great.  But they've yet to lose, and Tim Tebow looks like the real deal.

6.  Oregon Ducks

They whooped Michigan, @ Michigan, and also beat Stanford decisively in another "away" game.

7.  South Florida Bulls

Victories against then 17th ranked Auburn, @ Auburn, and last weekend's demolition of North Carolina make this USF team top-10 material. 

8.  Clemson Tigers

Beat Florida State in their home opener, and won @ NC State last weekend.  But we'll learn more in the next 2 weeks, as they travel to Ga. Tech., and then face Va. Tech. at home in Death Valley.

9.  California Golden Bears

They'll be gone from this list after next weekend's upcoming loss to Oregon (@ Oregon), but so far they've managed home victories against Tennessee and Arizona, although I'm not sure how much that really gives them in the "bragging rights" department.

10.  Cincinnati Bearcats 

That's right!  You read that correctly!  These guys have thoroughly whooped every team they've played, including demolitions of both Oregon State and Marshall.

Bonus:

T-11.  West Virginia Mountaineers 

Victories at Marshall and at Maryland.  .......... wake me up when the regular season starts.

T-11.  Ohio State Buckeyes 

What looked like a signature win at Washington 2 weeks ago has suddenly lost a lot of its luster.  That's the same Washington team that lost last weekend to UCLA; the same UCLA team that got whooped 44-6 by Utah (1-3); the same Utah team that proceeded to then get blanked 27-0 last weekend by perennial football "powerhouse" UNLV.  ........ you get the picture.  And since OSU doesn't play anyone outside of their own woeful conference for the rest of the regular season, is it really possible to get a read on these guys until they wind up finally playing against a real  team in a bowl game?  I don't see how.

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

jdcord

Am I good, or what ??!!            *L*

I had South Florida 4 spots ahead of West Virginia, and USF went out last night and beat WVA again, for the second year in a row!  (by a score of 21-13, if you didn't know already)

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...