News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

What is up with the MLB teams that change their colors

Started by darlaj2, May 26, 2007, 01:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darlaj2

OK, I know a long time ago, the Houston Astro's were an orange, navy and yellow color (remember those striped shirts back in the '80s) I thought they were pretty.  Anyway, they have changed their color scheme just a bit.  The yellow no longer exists and it is more of a darker orange.

Last night was the first time I had noticed that the Arizona D'Backs have completely changed their colors.  Weren't they more of a dark purple and black?  And now they are a burnt orange type color.  What is it with that?  I know a lot of teams change a little here and there--but they mainly play around with the original colors.  Maybe more blue than red this year, and next year it will be more red than blue....but why the complete change?  Why not do like the Angels, Yanks, Red Sox and countless others and keep their basic same look for decades?

Scott

Thank God the Goofy 80's colours are gone - they looked too much like Beer League Slow Pitch Softball.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

BQNick

Aside from the basic home and away jerseys and special-event jerseys (like the Red Sox' green St. Patrick's Day uni's), teams generally change their jerseys for a simple reason: money.  People will buy more replica jerseys and hats and other accessories so that they have the latest colors.  Also, after a few years they can re-introduce the old colors and sell them as "throwback" jerseys, etc. 

darlaj2

Anyone know why the San Diego Padres were wearing Camaflouge uniforms the other day?  I missed the first part of the game.....maybe telling why?