News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Spring Dreams

Started by Melody, February 24, 2007, 07:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I don't know if I'll be able to get anything but I can dream none the less.....

I can't find the old thread we had about this and there was this adorabl pink plaid suit I wanted to get that was posted on it.

nicolejoy

I love the white one up the top!! That would be great for someone getting married who didn't want a formal wedding dress... sometimes "older brides" have something like that, or even 2nd marriages etc... I love it even just as a suit though!!!

newkris

i love all those suits!  i don't wear white much though.  i'd like that green suit in navy.  that would suit me well!

where did you find those pics? 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Envelope

I LOVE The green one!!  I would wear it in a heartbeat!!  I like the hats too, but my husband has told me ABSOLUTELY NOT!!  LOL---he thinks they're "geeky"  but I LIKE THEM!!

sharon

Melody

hahahaha, that's funny Sharon.  I think my head is too little or I just don't have a nice enough face to wear them.  But I like them too.  They're just as expensive as the suits themselves though so I have never gotten the hat yet.

Kris, I got those pics from www.womensuits.com and www.jcpenny.com

OK, ladies, I still have my heart on finding that pink/black tiny plaid- suit we had in another thread like this last year.  I can't find it!   :cry2:

Envelope

mellow.........was it the "dress up and go to wal-mart thread?"  I can't remember the exact name, but we put lots of suit pics in it........

sharon

Envelope

I looked for that thread, but the general thread only goes back 4 pages to January......the thread I'm thinking of was at least 3-4 mos ago.

sharon

newkris

oh my word .  .womensuits.com . . . tons of very, very nice suits!  not the pink one you're looking for, but i found one in tan that i so wish were in black!!  lots of hats, too, for the hats wearers.

who'd a thunk it?  womensuits.com . .  i'm so sure.

of course, in looking at them, i am yet again reminded why i go resale shopping for my suits . . .  why is my taste SO expensive?
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

NessasMama

I totally love the green suit!!!!! No hat for me though!!! I can't carry off wearing a hat!!!
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

NessasMama

These are some that I love!!!! I haven't decided what one I want yet for Easter.

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

NessasMama

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 24, 2007, 07:04:24 AM

I can't find the old thread we had about this and there was this adorabl pink plaid suit I wanted to get that was posted on it.

I remember that thread. I think it's long gone. I believe it was from Easter last year. Was the suit pink and black plaid? ? ?

*Christi*

I buy most of my suits at Value City... they have great prices!! 

Anyway, I like these:

Melody

woohoo!  You go girls!  Those suits rock! I love the grey and pink one. 

Yes, NessasMama, that was the one, pink/black plaid.  I kept it in the back of my mind all year, I should have saved the site it was on.

NessasMama

I so love suits!!!!!!! I am waiting for one to come in the mail before I order me one for Easter.

This is the one I am waiting for. I have no idea what I want to get for Easter though.

NessasMama

http://j2hretail.com/items/shop-now/list.htm
http://www.metrostyle.com
http://www.designerchurchsuits.com       cheap, cheap prices!!!!!

Raecheal

I love suits.. But I'm broke right now. ;)

Melody

I like that site N'sM!!   http://www.metrostyle.com  those prices are waaaaay better.

www.designerchurchsuits.com

I love that they have "choir robes" that look like suits!

JoleneHeather

this is what Im thinking for Easter.  :D

*Christi*

Oh I get that Metrostyle catalog!!  I have one or two suits from them!!  They always have coupons too!!  LOL  I love them because they carry SO much in Tall sizes!!

SippinTea

MellowYellow, I love the blue suit!! It's great! But I have a feeling it wouldn't look so great on me.  :(

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Envelope

speaking of suits......................WHAT would be a good interview suit?  for myself for a job interview?  I am clueless at fashion, so would use some input!!

sharo

Amelia Bedelia

not a long skirt suit as they are seen as too trendy

some even recommend NOT wearing a suit depending on the type of job - you can also ask sometimes what would be appropriate to wear... try to match the culture they have there and up it a notch or two (if it is ultra casual then up it even more LOL)

black is out - power suits can give off the wrong impression if you aren't careful... though if black is your most conservative color and you are going to wear a suit, don't worry about it
navy is a good interview color, its not flashy and it brings authority but not too much

simple lines - not ruffled and frilly

thats a start...hope it helps

newkris

that's what i was thinking, too.  you're a nurse, though, right?  so you could wear black - as long as you paired it with something light, pastel - you seem to look good in yellow.  no reason not to wear a yellow blouse and a skirt. 

you're not going to the interview to be CEO, right?  so wear what you think is comfortable, appropriate, dressy for work.

you'll do fine.  what kind of interview, if i can ask?
me, too.

NessasMama

Any time I have gone for an interview I wore a skirt and a neat blouse. It was dressy yet comfortable and not overbearing.

Envelope

well, yes, I am a nurse.

A lady at church is trying to talk me into applying at her company, it's a pharmaceutical research firm.  She ASSurES me she can get me an interview, and 99% sure I can get a job there.  It would be working from home (so I wouldn't need daycare for the girls) with starting pay around $50,000 per year or more. 

The position would be mostly customer relations and data entry.....

I have ONLY had 2 jobs in my LIFE (one at mcdonald's and the other at Mercy----where I worked as an RN for 10 years).

My wardrobe is "somewhat lacking" LOL

I have a Very bright GREEEN suit, a bright YELLOW suit, and a couple of other church outfits.  My casual wardrobe is REAL casual (I have several "colored" straight skirts---cause I don't like jean skirts)..........

sharon