News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
Fuzzy, Lou has moved over to the deli. She likes it but had to take a pay cut, as well as her hours changing. Now she is working more evenings and Sunday mornings. :cry:
And Mini, Sunshine- it's a tiny little hole in the wall right now, as they are just getting started. They offer lunch too, but it's whatever they've cooked that day, no burgers or anything, mainly soups and bisques, that kinda thing. I hope it catches on for them. As much as I enjoy baking, it is nice to have the option of just driving a couple of miles and picking up homemade bread rather than dragging everything out and making it.
Last night was our church Christmas party. Several people showed up I had never seen before- as in they were Aunt so and so's cousin's husband's in laws. Normally I would not care at all, and in fact was glad that we were able to at least et some sort of interaction with them, but it put us in a bit of a spot when we had taken a headcount and planned for 50-60 people , but wound up with 70-80. There was enough food there, but they scraped the pans. Lou had to work and wanted me to bring a plate home to her- well, that's all I woulda brought home, a plate, because there wasn't any food left to put on it.
 Today is church. Usually I'd be making sure I had my message ready and complete- but thankfully my dear friend and brother is coming to preach for us today. Chey likes it because her "crush" is his grandson and is coming too. Said crush has a hoodie emblazoned with his favorite brand of gun on the way for Christmas, and brought Chey a pink Camo hat and stylish camo vest thingie for Christmas. Yes, that sounds redneck, but the scrawny boy has apparently figured her out- she was on top of the world wearing them and exclaiming how perfect they were. Lord. She is TOO YOUNG for this. I'll never survive the next few years..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Awwww... Young crushes! Those were the days, haha.

@Work. Our work party is tonight. Steaaaaak!! I'm so excited! I love The Hideout. Their food is delicious and all gangsters from the 20s theme. It's a neat place.

Wednesday after I get off work (or Thurs morning), we are heading to my parents for a pre-Christmas since Jeremy won't be able to take off to come back when the sis-in-law and brother fly in. Thankfully I'll still get to see them tho!

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, I'm sorry for Lou. Companies don't appreciate your hard work anymore. The last time someone at work was leaving & they tried to dump another persons job on me (again), I quit. Now we are just poor. ;)

Roscoe

Wow. I didn't get a chance to post today..
Church went good last night- at least 3 of the  before-mentioned in laws of church members actually came to church and one hit the altar.That dinner was apparently resources well-invested.
And Chey and "Crush-boy" enjoyed time together at Wendy's afterwards while the grown-ups visited. They took a ton of pictures of each other- every time I looked over they were laughing and pointing their phones at each other. Bah.
Lou don't get off until 10 tonight, so Chey and I are chillin'. I suspect I'm about to call it an early night. It's cold outside, which has activated my snooze- mode.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

It's cold this morning too.

I have a ton of things I need to do today, yet lack motivation.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

We got a dusting of snow overnight. Got into the car and see a fresh new shiny crack in the bottom center of the front windshield. Pardon while I roll my eyes. LOL. I hope our insurance will help cover some of the cost, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll have to email my agent here in a minute.

@Work. Jeremy's got today left to work this week before his craft break starts tomorrow. Glad I only have tomorrow morning that I have to be the solo wake person at 7am. (To be fair, his alarm goes off at 5:30 normally and while it does wake me up, I go back to sleep until about 6:40.. so I am always still the solo wake person in the house at 7am because he leaves by 6:30 LOL). Anywho.. We leave for Arkansas on Wednesday evening after I finish the week's payroll. If it doesn't go well, we will have to leave Thursday morning instead. We won't be back until Friday evening, so tomorrow's my last day of work for this week. :) Great timing, haha.

Had our work Christmas "party" - I think we should just call it a dinner because we don't actually party, haha. Had a bloomin' onion (had some, regretted), fried mushrooms (gag), and cheesesticks (didn't get one). Then I ate MY food.. cream of potato soup for an appetizer, then a medium NY strip steak with garlic mashed potatoes for the real deal. It was good but the steak was way too fatty for a NY strip. Normally I love their steak. I was torn last night between steak and their pork chops. I should've gone with the pork. They have this wing sauce (sweet & spicy thai) that I looooooove with their pork. It.is.so.good! :)

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Cold. I'm not a fan.
 And in sharing, my boss twisted my arm. I hadn't take any vacation time through the holidays, to give my coworkers with little kids the opportunity to take it. Apparently, no one took the Thursday and Friday following Christmas. So I did. So I now have a nice six days off after next Monday. I actually needed that..it'll be nice to recharge. My coworkers apparently all elected to take off THIS weekend and the Monday BEFORE Christmas. So now, if I can make it through the rest of this week, and next Monday- peace.

Lynx

To give your co-workers with little kids the opportunity? Your daughter isn't even a teen yet!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 18, 2019, 07:20:20 PMTo give your co-workers with little kids the opportunity? Your daughter isn't even a teen yet!
Um, yeah, she's 13..she would be quick to add "and a half".
Morning all. I woke up and it was 26 degrees. That's not fit for man or beast.
Slogging through the day. The weekend is nearly within sight!

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

@work, but almost done! Headed to Arkansas before the evening is out! :) I'll be back in Illinois on Friday evening, but not back at work (on here either) until Monday.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 18, 2019, 07:47:04 PMOh... Time goes too fast for me...
Me too, bud. Me too.
Morning all. Caffeine-deficient today. Actually did something I never do- stopped at Sonic and bought a Route 44 Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper with Real Cream and a large breakfast burrito. I feel almost human.....

Roscoe

:hi:
Good Morning. Today is the Office Christmas potluck. And, I get to go home early. And I got to wear overalls in today, so all is not bad. But it is cold, which I don't like.

MsJennJenn

Girls night with my old ladies tonight.

Finishing Christmas shopping tomorrow and then packing.

We leave for Indiana on Sunday. Yay 13 hours in one car with my parents.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 19, 2019, 01:49:53 PMMorning all. Caffeine-deficient today. Actually did something I never do- stopped at Sonic and bought a Route 44 Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper with Real Cream and a large breakfast burrito. I feel almost human.....
I gonna tell your pastor you done backslid. :p  Whatever happened to the vow to give up Dr. Pepper?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 22, 2019, 10:27:25 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on December 19, 2019, 01:49:53 PMMorning all. Caffeine-deficient today. Actually did something I never do- stopped at Sonic and bought a Route 44 Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper with Real Cream and a large breakfast burrito. I feel almost human.....
I gonna tell your pastor you done backslid. :p  Whatever happened to the vow to give up Dr. Pepper?
I recall not such a vow.
 I NEED to, though.
And in sharing- about to go to church in a bit. After the sermon, I get to baptize one. Thinking back, I think this will be the first baptismal I've actually done myself.
And I am ready to get tomorrow over with too. I'll have six days in a row off....

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on December 22, 2019, 08:32:39 PM
I recall not such a vow.
 I NEED to, though.
And in sharing- about to go to church in a bit. After the sermon, I get to baptize one. Thinking back, I think this will be the first baptismal I've actually done myself.
And I am ready to get tomorrow over with too. I'll have six days in a row off....
How did it go?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on December 23, 2019, 12:51:01 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on December 22, 2019, 08:32:39 PM
I recall not such a vow.
 I NEED to, though.
How did it go?

Well. I didn't drown her, so I guess that's good. :smirk:
Had a bit of an uncomfortable moment. My sermon last night was pretty run of the mill, I thought- taught, as appropriate for the season, on The Gift. As I prepared it, I felt a strong urge to be sure and include the plan of salvation in the sermon. So I did, along with quite a bit of Oneness theology throughout.
So, Church starts and I look up to see a Baptist couple that has came ONE time, the female half of which I had gone to High School with, walk in....
So I teach, and in the course of my message- I try to be kind throughout, I explain what the Word says about Baptism, and stated that I didn't mean to cross anyone's beliefs, but from what the Word said, if you were baptized in any other way than Jesus name, you just got wet.
Kinda thought, "Oh, I shouldn't have said that" after I did but...
Long story short, the Baptist couple told a family member after church they would be coming to our church from now on, with the husband stating," I though I got baptized but from what the Word says, I just got wet."
Looking forward to God doing great things- in spite of my clumsy ways.

Lynx

Well you didn't preach it arrogant... I've seen some people who were technically right, but also very wrong. You preached what was right, in the right spirit. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I'm a nerd. Sitting here waiting on Lou to get home, and hoping she remembers to bring me some bread flour so I can make bread...and I've got my circa 1934 Philco radio playing Christmas carols and Christmas stories. An antique nut like myself finds this pleasing.

The Purple Fuzzy

It was nice & warm today. Not a cloud in the sky. I'm still ready for longer days.

Lynx

Greet people today with a hearty "Happy Christmas!" to get their double-takes. Bonus points if they try to correct you, "It's MERRY Christmas."

You can do the same for a week with "Merry New Year!"
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy